• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Armageddon WCG Fighter Club

Started by massi4h, August 31, 2010, 05:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Well, I was talking to the xLan/WCGNZ organiser yesterday and he told me that he was asked to run a WCG Fighter Club like they did in the states. He was told 4 games, but he can kinda change them a bit. They were: SSF4, T6, DOA4 and SC4. SC4 was by far the worst choice so we agreed to change it, which came to the best conclusion being MVC2 (I don't think they'd want more than one "street fighter" and probably wanna stick to xbox 360). So anyway I guess that's decided, I'll actually practice up on DOA4 cause I quite like the game. But yeah how much interest would you guys be on coming? If you prepay it's $75 and that includes Armageddon entry which is like $20 or something. Think it runs over at least 2 days and there's heaps of other tourneys going on.

Link: http://forums.on3network.co.nz/index.php/topic,75083.0.html

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

IM NOT GONNA BE IN KANGAROO LAND FOR THIS

MVC2 IS MINE >:( >:( >:(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

iMagneto

im quite keen on SSF4 and mvc2... wiill they have prizes for it?

Will

Mean as but with the price how many peeps from here are going to go? Keens for SF and Reach :D
Learning....

St1gnate

i will probably be keen, hopefully not choke out like nats haha

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Bro all the best players choke at nats.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Or end up fighting Kevin and Simon... fuck sakes.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

so is it MvC2 only? or SSF4?
I don't think MvC2 is better choice than SSF4...but u might disagree...

Also any hint on what teh prize is like?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Andy: It's SSF4, MVC2, Tekken 6 and DOA 4

Here's a question: Are they individual tourneys ? Or do you have to compete in all 4 ? From the blurb it sounds as though it's the latter... Paying $70 for a 3 day event to play 1 game I like and 3 games I've never touched is possibly a bit of a stretch for me personally
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on September 01, 2010, 10:04:09 AM
Andy: It's SSF4, MVC2, Tekken 6 and DOA 4

Here's a question: Are they individual tourneys ? Or do you have to compete in all 4 ? From the blurb it sounds as though it's the latter... Paying $70 for a 3 day event to play 1 game I like and 3 games I've never touched is possibly a bit of a stretch for me personally

Take a page from Karizzma's book and learn marvel.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

St1gnate

looks like its t6 training from you bro haha

massi4h

Its just a LAN that costs $70. Generally it should be sweet to enter as many tournaments as you want, but this time around there may be a $5 fee or something for each extra tournament.

CaptainHook

Can you watch without paying? Like, can you pay to goto Armageddon and watch any of the tourneys or nah?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

Hmm, well it will be in a separate room in the venue (I'm pretty sure I know which one it will be), which you probably will need to get a pass to get in. Best to ask it on the link I gave. Armageddon closes at 6PM while this runs 24/7 as well.