• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Intro:
Now the nationals are over it’s time to resume the ranking battles. As Lenny has stepped down from being the main organiser of NZism events due to university commitments myself, BIRRY WONG (thanks for the edits) and smoof have decided to split to workload as no one is really in a position to organise everything themselves.

Cost:
$10
Prior to the 2010 nationals the ranbats, at best, were breaking even and on some occasions were actually losing money. Obviously this can’t be sustained in the long term, nor can the organisers be expected to make up the shortfalls to run the events. In light of this, we have reluctantly decided to charge $10 dollars for the ranbat events from now on.

What you get:
For your $10 we will run a third setup which will initially be for the double elimination bracket, the setup will be swapped over to casuals once someone has been knocked out. In addition to the extra setup, we will be recording how many times you come to a ranbat and prior to the release of MVC3 we will be entering everyone into a draw for a free copy of MVC3! The more times you come to a ranbat the more entries you will have in the draw!

Entering the ranbats will also provide you with an idea of where you stack up against other people that attend the ranbats and will help determine your seeding in events such as the NZism Nationals where players are seeded and not randomly entered into the bracket. You'll also get to play against some of NZs best players and get some good feedback on your game.

When and Where:
The next ranbat will be held at GIGA on the 26th of November,  6:30 rego, 7:00 start. The ranbats usually run every fortnight but this is subject to change. Check this thread from time to time to keep up with the latest announcements. We usually run till about 10pm.

Scoring:
A ranbats score table is posted in the post-tournaments forum which records all the points everyone has accumulated during the ranbats season. Scoring is based on your placing in the double elimination and is as follows:

1st - 10 Points
2nd - 9 Points
3rd - 8 Points
4th - 7 Points
5th to 6th - 6 Points
7th to 8th - 5 Points
9th to 12th - 4 Points
13th to 16th - 3 Points
17th to 24th - 2 Points
25th to 32nd - 1 Point

If for some unknown reason a single elimination bracket or other form of competition is run at the ranbats then the points system will be changed accordingly. Notice of any such change will be made prior to an event.

Q&A:

Do I need to bring anything to the ranbats?

Arcade sticks are always useful! We usually have Xboxs covered but it can never hurt to bring one! If you do bring one remember to bring your power cable, a VGA video input cable and copy of the game.

Other relevant questions will be posted here if required.

Final words:

2010 has been a pretty big year for NZism. Particularly those of us that hail from Auckland. We're rounding it out with a final season of Ranbats, looking toward events scheduled for late 2010, as well as early 2011. Get to these ranbats to not only get to play the best Auckland has to offer, but to give yourself a leg up for the inevitably epic shit we will be bringing you in the future.

electric

Booyah. Good shit Rory, Bill and Smoof - glad to see the Ranbats aren't being forgotten about. $10 is still very much affordable IMO, and I'm not exactly rich.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Good stuff to see people taking up the job :) Lenny you can relax like me now xD
Queston about the ranbats seasion, when does it end? and any intended purpose for these or is it just purely for seasional ranking etc?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

Hopefully Lenny will still be helping from time to time, he just won't be the only person doing it all!

We'll probably have two/three ranbat seasons before the next nationals to help do seeding, etc. If we run any other tournaments we'll be using the ranbats results for seeding.

And it's for fun, to grow the community, etc.

zos'la

CaptainHook

How long do these typically go for? I'd like to come, but if it starts at 7pm might be getting a bit late for me as i
think i have to work the next day and the one after (and 12 hour days at that). :(
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

geneterror

KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I Jazzed your post up a bit rory, and also added some scoring information, but the site died last night when i went to post it so its currently saved on my desktop at home. Ill PM it to you when i get the chance.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

St1gnate

xpunch

be good to start training again, il try attend as many as i can. it just aint the same without SSF4 in my life hahahaha  :P :P ;D

massi4h

Awesome bro, hope to meet up again. Definitely keen for more Ranbats. I'll make the first one then I'll probably have to miss a few.

zos'la

I'll come if my partner comes along xD she can play wow while waiting lol.
Else it would be a pass :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its ranbats Andy. Same deal as all the others. And its at giga, so we cant ACTUALLY stop people from coming. (Not that we would want to)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.