• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

upcoming games thread

Started by samurai black, September 16, 2010, 01:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

the general point of this topic is to discuss any upcoming games. we were doing that in the 'what games are you playing now' thread, but i think a dedicated topic would be better.

also, because i want a topic to generally have a big sook and jump the gun about stuff long before release.

like the new dmc game. say hello to the new dante.

fluxcore

I'm looking forward to Civ5 and Fallout New Vegas :)

Luckily I never gave a toss about DMC so am not totally ripped up by how they've fucked up Dante!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

... the old Dante was much cooler... this guy looks like he was on cokain.....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

samurai black

oh yeah, confirmation for a dissidia sequel. exact title name eludes me right now, but its definitely something dumb like dodecahedron or whatever.

yay to kain, massive boo for lightning. since they've basically added the heroes and main villains from teh first 10 games, they should add a few more interesting character choices now. like sabin or something.

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on September 16, 2010, 01:47:13 PM
I'm looking forward to Civ5
Fuck yeah hardout. It will be the first PC game I've brought in ages.

My list of games to buy before Xmas:
Civilization V: September 24th, 2010 (this will riun my life haha)
Fallout New Vegas: October 21st, 2010
GT5: November 5th, 2010
DC universe Online: November 5th, 2010 (not sure yet, same time as GT5 so I might give it a miss)
Little Big Planet 2: November 18th, 2010
Assassins Creed Brotherhood: November 19th, 2010

I'm with Alan, never did like Devil may Cry.
KOW 2011

originaljulz

Lol anyone play first person shooters round here?

If so, what do you think of COD:Black Ops?

Some of my friends are hyped for it, but I personally think Treyarch will find some way of disappointing me. Like Treyarch is prone to do.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

fluxcore

Eh, yeah not interested in Treyarch CoD.

It takes quite a lot to get me into an FPS these days. Last I was into hardout was TF2. I don't see any coming up that tickle my fancy.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

I haven't really played an FPS since the first Half Life 2 release, never played the episodes. Unless you count borderlands but that's really Diablo from a FPS perpective and I only really like it because of the loot/levelling. Fallout New Vegas will be the closest thing I play to an FPS.
I generally stick to RPGs/SRPGs, Fighters and Racing games. God my spare time is gonna be over when Civ5 and GT5 come out. Alan I would be keen to have a vs game of Civ5 once I get some time with the new system under my belt.
KOW 2011

budafist

I'm really looking forward to:

Brink
MGS rising.

they a long way off yet tho.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

stereomonkey

I'm keen for Fable 3 in a couple of months.  Not sure what date it comes out.  Also Total War, Shogun 2.  Looks really awesome and beautiful.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wtf? Something doesnt seem right about that 'Dante' design. Unless this is ANOTHER prequel, then it doesnt make a lot of sense to make him younger. Something is up. Ill be interested to hear what the plot for the game is.

It looks cool though, dont get me wrong. Those screens dont do it justice, but the trailer does.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

samurai black

yeah, seems to be a reboot. i was sorta hoping that they revealed the origins of nero in the next game after 4, but it looks like its just not the case. meh, i guess nero is just the bastard son of sparda.

even though ninja theory is developing it, as long as dmc ends up better than heavenly sword then im cool.

originaljulz

Quote from: budafist on September 16, 2010, 05:58:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to:

Brink
MGS rising.

they a long way off yet tho.

I'm pretty interested in Brink, but I wonder if it will be popular enough for the MP to be worth it, and for it to last longer than the first few months its out.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CptMunta

I don't know why they bother to even call it a reboot outside of sales. Dante looks completely different, story seems completely different. Why not just call it something different? Plenty of action games draw from DMC already anyway.

Might do some trading and selling when I get back of some of the old stuff I don't bother with/have time for: Bayonetta, FF13, Modnation Racers, LBP, SF4 vanilla lol etc

Not super hype about anything except Little Big Planet 2 at the moment. I'll probably invest a good few months into that like I did the first one. Play my Sacknobi Shinobi arcade level :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUgUONwgrc

Oh and it's way better now btw ;)

Edit:

Ok hype about this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-ico-shadow/704597

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta