• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

MC threads, for the plymouth

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, September 26, 2010, 12:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Very few of us even play at yifans regularly. He needs to actually TALK TO US before he makes retarded assumptions.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Eventually if his separate sf community grows it will end up playing the same people anyway. Because they are the best NZ has to offer.

fluxcore

I really don't need to say anything, you only have to read anything he says to understand how difficult it is dealing with him.

I'm very proud of what NZ has accomplished, maybe he thinks it's jack shit but I don't care. We're working towards something here, and in case he didn't notice, Australia not only has a bigger scene, but has been around A LOT longer than we have. It's hardly surprising they are doing things we are not. One day, maybe we'll be there too. As it is, we're taking it day by day and trying to get more things going each time. Nats this year was the first time we've tried to run multiple events concurrently, and it went pretty well. Next time maybe we'll have something else up our sleeve too.

As for streaming... NZ has 3rd world internet. We can't stream for shit. If we did, it would be expensive, and also there would be about 5 people watching. If no-one else even knows our scene exists, why would they watch? The circular reasoning is baffling to say the least. Also we did discuss it before nats, so it's really not like we're not trying to further things here.

As a final word, Christchurch. Big whoop they have one arcade with a bootleg SF4 machine in it - that wasn't what actually got people together and forming a scene. That wasn't what led someone to fly up to Auckland for the Nats - it was the people, and the inclusiveness of it all. What Mark seems to be trying for is as insular and exclusive a gathering as is possible - and I think that's just wrong. Just look at how he's talking about 'going to war' with Auckland - it's like he's trying to form a gang, not a scene.

And it's definitely not because members of NZism didn't try to help him. It takes two to have a conversation, and talking to him was like headbutting a wall. While I wish him the best with his 'crusade', I can't help but think he's going about it entirely the wrong way, and feel that it's actually pretty sad.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

BIRRYWONG

I'm sure there are like web archive sites that will have that backed up, surely. Google time.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nothing. He doesnt exist, except on facebook. :(

That being said, my google skills are pretty low tier.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

He not only had a derogatory SF4 wiki entry, he even had a rule written about him in some Californian tournament.

It went roughly as follows:

"Volcano stage is not banned, but anyone who picks it must add Mark Charteris to their facebook friends"

http://shoryuken.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-4-17 (search for Mark Charteris)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ok. Im never picking that stage again. Fuck. Now i get what smoof was talking about.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LMFAO at that rule. the article above that one exposed his psn id - taranaki_is_free, hahahahahahahahahahahaah.

Oh and yeah, i tried not to rage at him ay. I think he should just be our friend and not aan angry little man wasting his time lol.
What marketing are you doing to get the word out to the world that NZ does infact actually have a SF community, and are there only 3 people in the entire NZism worthy of competiting with Australia. You need to work with Jacku of OZhadou on marketing NZism so the world knows that NZ exists and we do infact have a community and are a viable country for Daigo and Justin Wong to visit, or will it still be just NZ vs NZ matches over and over again and only 3 people in NZism will make the effort to venture to Australia to compete internationally. I was at EVO so I made the journey to get there unlike anyone in NZism who supposedly fighting games are there beloved hobby, and said I am from New Zealand and they where like oh shit I never knew NZ had a SF community that is bad part of NZism not marketing to the world like Ozhadou that there is a SF community in the Oceania other than just Australia, so work on marketing NZism better and then eventually you may get J Wong and Daigo and other top players arriving for heavens sake even Sweden had gootecks venture over there plus Ryan Hart attended there tournament.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

Oh weazzy man, you gotta stop posting that shit he is saying or I'm going to ragequit.

The two guys that won nationals didn't even go to aussie. And this mark guy didn't even come and support our nationals. but he went to evo. what a knob. he is so completely uninformed, it's retarded.

Also, it probably cost less for ryan hart to get a return flight to sweeden than it cost nick4now to travel from chch to auckland return. not sure wtf is going on in this guys head. I don't think he understands basic financial literacy or economics either.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That quote makes me so fucking mad. He has got NO FUCKING IDEA.

Im giving serious thought to calling out charteris on SRK. Posting all this shit up, and doing the BIRRY WONG special and pointing out everything stupid he has said and why.

I would be money on him thinking weazzy is one of our prime admins now.

Jesus Christ this guy needs a fucking bullet.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

There's not really anything to be gained by stuff like that...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha i dare you to bro. Not like he's of any good to us anyway.

And shit nigga, i am one of the prime admins lol.

Nah i've only said small nice things too this guy and he replies with huge rage messages that just fuck me off.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on September 26, 2010, 07:26:43 PM
There's not really anything to be gained by stuff like that...

Which is why its not already up there. And wont be.

He just REALLY needs a reality check. BADLY.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Gino went to Evo a couple of years ago before SFIV.  You never hear about him bragging about it.  Makes me :(

Somethings in life are worth going to, but people are broke here.  So fuck you Mark. :(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

Hey guys! Did I tell you about that time I went to evo?! That just makes me SO MUCH better'er than all of you! Yeah......

Also weazzy, just forget about Charteris. You can't talk sense into him. I tried, but shit man. He just doesn't listen to any advice, anything you say to him will just be lost so don't waste your time. I would also suspect that he has a deep hatred for NZISM now and that any people he manages to recruit he will surely tell them about nzism and how shit we are at organising a community.

Anyway. 55 More days and I can start playing games again! Woooo!