• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

3 Green Bars Series 2 :)

Started by CptMunta, October 04, 2010, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 07, 2010, 12:58:09 PM
Damn if only you had some NZ shit to show ay. That woulda been our chance.

I wish I could have come up for the Xmas damager. I would have covered that. When I come up for work and ranbats is on I'll definitely cover it. If all all else fails I'll do a nz scene next year for nationals. I only have chch footage ATM so I don't won't to just focus on our wee scene. It'll happen and I've got tons of subscribers now so people won't miss it.

Cheers for the comments and favs guys :) got an email from Haunts today gonna meet up with him when I'm in the U.S! Stoked!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

Watched the first two episodes this morning. Really cool. I thought the part about Mrs Munta and Mini Munta was pretty funny lol.

Also again really cool to see the stage selects. Did you remember that these stages took place in these countries or did you have to research that? Eg the Neo Geo Pockett stage was pretty obscure.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CptMunta on December 07, 2010, 02:04:32 PM

Cheers for the comments and favs guys :) got an email from Haunts today gonna meet up with him when I'm in the U.S! Stoked!
x2. You've probably had the most fun outta any of us with fighting games, good shit. Tell him about my double pause tourny action last year haha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 07, 2010, 02:05:23 PM
Watched the first two episodes this morning. Really cool. I thought the part about Mrs Munta and Mini Munta was pretty funny lol.

Also again really cool to see the stage selects. Did you remember that these stages took place in these countries or did you have to research that? Eg the Neo Geo Pockett stage was pretty obscure.

Aww bro. Actually none of the stage selects are straight rips so far. The stages are in those countries but I had to edit in the city names which is a huge mission. Cvs2 was by far the hardest since the flame shoots behind the letters and the flaming background. If you look closely you can see the mask where the tones don't quite match up. Also the sound needed editing I had to take out the announcer saying kinderdyk and find the cvs2 soundtrack for the background music and capture the game audio without music. Phew!

I tryed to make the stage select screens as obscure as possible and luckly it worked out that way. Next episode is sf1 for England but the last stage has to be sf2 world warrior for japan. :)

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 07, 2010, 03:39:50 PM
x2. You've probably had the most fun outta any of us with fighting games, good shit. Tell him about my double pause tourny action last year haha.

I've been really really lucky. But I owe ALOT to the guys in each scene. They really made it easy for me. Everywhere except Japan, it was really easy to get meet ups happening. I only really got to speak to Bull in Japan but he really has alot of cool stuff about to say about the console scene in japan, Final Round Japan and Gods Garden. Probably the only video interview with someone that had hands on with CAPCOM FIGHTING ALLSTARS!!!

amendonz

CptMunta

Here's episode 4 people  ;D :

Here's the Blurb:

Hi Guys this is episode 4 of 3 Green Bars.
A series looking at different fighting game communities from around the world.

This Week: London, at Winner Stays On. A weekly Ranking Battle tournament.

I interview Ryan Hart about Super SF4 AE and the UK Fighting Game community, Anil a programmer for Capcom UK, Pedram and Kaz about their 3rd Strike podcast and their thoughts on 3rd Strike Online Edition and a whole bunch of UK Street Fighter players.

Sorry about all the jump cuts. Alot of people being interviewed at once and again sorry if you didn't make it in due to battery power and time constraints.

Best place for information on the UK fighting game scene is Neoempire and it's forums:

www.neoempire.com

You can also find Pedrams podcasts Here:
http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9493
http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9284

Hopefully this inspires so of you guys to go to these events, post on your local forums or start a scene of your own.

Thanks again to the London Community, Just wish I had enough battery to capture so of the conversation when we all when out for eats and of course Ryan's epic Dhalsim forward dash impression. Was scarily accurate ;)

NEXT WEEK THIS SERIES FINAL: TOKYO JAPAN!  ;D

LN

Lots of great interviews in that one... but why is there 3 mins of blankness at the end? :O
There is no knowledge that is not power

CptMunta

Quote from: LN on December 13, 2010, 08:30:42 AM
Lots of great interviews in that one... but why is there 3 mins of blankness at the end? :O

Cheers man. Think the export settings were a bit jacked this time and it caught the black I use in the timeline to make sure I don't go over 15 mins and that made the 3 mins of blank. Nice way to find out I can if I want to though :)

YouTube really screws with the sound mix. The exported copy, in the programe copy and compressed copy sound fine but it all seems to get compressed down and the background noise gets louder it seems.

Could just be though hearing these guys say their piece over and over it's easy for me to make out. Nora can make out everything ok on my iPod. Maybe I should tell people to watch with hEadphones if their speakers are cutting it.

LN

Yeah, after the interview in the car I was thinking of suggesting subtitling some of the harder to understand bits a while back, not quite sure why that slipped my mind...

Rorooze

I'm sure you can grab something at an event next year Munta, no doubt we'll be having a few :p Really like the interview with Ryan Hart. Picadilly circus was amazing as a kid but god, it doesn't have shit on basically all of Japan. :o

CptMunta

Yeah, Subtitles might have to be the way to do it without decent equipment  :( It sucks though because alot of these guys speak excellent english and it's a shame to have to subtitle it just because of shitty gear and background noise. It reminds me when they had to subtitle New Zealanders because of their accent on The Amazing Race. That was just stupid.

But yeah, I'm not getting any gear anytime soon and I'm not going to start taking donations. Not that I'm against what Gootecks and all those other american docos are doing. I'm already lucky enough to be going to these countries. Plenty of more deserving charities out there than a dude on holiday playing street fighter and asking a few questions.

CaptainHook

If you ever want me to have a go at cleaning up some audio, let me know. Just don't expect no CSI "enhance" bullshit. :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

LN

Quote from: CaptainHook on December 13, 2010, 09:20:33 PM
If you ever want me to have a go at cleaning up some audio, let me know. Just don't expect no CSI "enhance" bullshit. :D

Bro if you can't do the equivalent of "using only footage from one camera, panning around to see what someone is holding behind them" (see enemy of the state) in audio then you just aren't trying hard enough!

massi4h

Another awesome episode Marc! Ryan Hart interview was sweet.

CaptainHook

Quote from: LN on December 13, 2010, 09:48:37 PM
Bro if you can't do the equivalent of "using only footage from one camera, panning around to see what someone is holding behind them" (see enemy of the state) in audio then you just aren't trying hard enough!

Lol. I like that it always takes some "genius" in command to say "enhance" as obviously the operator didn't think
to hit the magical "enhance" button.

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K