• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Presents - "CHRISTMAS DAMAGER" - 11th December 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, October 13, 2010, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Yeah I think typically it's not allowed, but IMO if you're going to use beginner mode you're gonna get fucked up anyway lol. So really, it's not going to make winning a tournament any easier.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

fluxcore

Yeah pretty much all the tourneys I looked up don't allow it, so that's the direction I'd go, but whatever.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Flash

yea i personally didn't want it to be allowed but whatever, i'm not really familiar with it all i know is that it can let people completely new to the game  pull out some allright combos that they wouldn't be able otherwise. how does it limit them i havn't tried it before so i have no idea how it works.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Rorooze

I don't really see the problem with allowing 'easy' controls, but if the majority don't want it allowed then we can make it that way. I don't really care.

Also, if you think the "easy" controls are such an advantage then I don't know why you would want to use the harder ones in the first place?

originaljulz

Lol, basically instead of having A, B, C, D you have something like Normal (mash to make a random BnB combo), Special (random variation of their Drive), throw (instead of just B and C) and another random move button which I can't remember.

It's shit because you can only do 1 real combo by mashing the 'normal' button, you do your supers by holding the normal button and charging this bar, and only then does it come out so easily blocked etc, you lose your ability to burst, and I think you can't barrier guard either.

Might just be easier to say no easy mode, if everybody wants it out, Rory.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Flash

geneterror

Yeah it's so bad, it cripples any decent combos you really want to use. It's such a massive disadvantage let people choose it, it's only going to harm anyone halfway decent.
KOW 2011

ErlKing2

hi, my friend asks me that if there is anyway to connect a PS3 controller to xbox? becoz the xbox controller is crap for fighting games.....
or can we just play BBCS on PS3 instead?

Rorooze

The tournament is being run on Xbox 360. Your mate will need to figure out a way to get a PS3 pad working on xbox (you can probably do this but I don't know how), learn to play on a stick or use an xbox 360 pad. We're not swapping to PS3 to run the tournament.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ErlKing2 on October 21, 2010, 12:20:29 AM
hi, my friend asks me that if there is anyway to connect a PS3 controller to xbox? becoz the xbox controller is crap for fighting games.....
or can we just play BBCS on PS3 instead?

If your mate wants, he can get this controller converter to use a PS2 pad on XBOX360.

http://www.etokki.com/Joytron%20Xconverter%20360%20Plus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

This? is there supposed to be a link with that post, lenny?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Flash

just an idea if theres enough time and a spare setup,

what if we have a 5v5 SSF4 team tourny Aucks vs rest of NZ if theres enough players for rest of NZ.
Could get pretty hype.

Nick4now

That would be awesome imo  :) If there aren't enough players then should just do a 5v5 PSN vs Xbox Live players  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Flash

Quote from: Nick4now on October 23, 2010, 06:56:31 PM
That would be awesome imo  :) If there aren't enough players then should just do a 5v5 PSN vs Xbox Live players  ;D

shitbox is free