• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Coaching Discussion

Started by Hydro, November 03, 2010, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This is the thing.

Andy's Right. Graham's Right. Smoof's Right. Weazzy's Right. I'm Right. Richard's mum is Right.

NOBODY IS WRONG. I dont like it personally. Most people dont care. Its a really really minor issue. If people like me want to frown upon it, then its fine. If you dont think it matters, its fine. If you dont know what anyone is talking about at all, then its fine.

NOTHING MATTERS AND EVERYTHING IS OK.

There is only one thing that bothers me.

Quote from: zosla on November 04, 2010, 11:36:13 AM
On the other hand,  don't u think if a player can adapt to the gameplay and teachings within a macth deserve to win? because they are supperior if they can do it... I personally can't. :)

This is EXACTLY WHAT IM SAYING. They deserve to win if THEY adapt. Of course they do. I only dont think they really deserve it if someone ELSE tells them how to play.

Its a legitimate win either way, which is why theres no reason to 'ban' it. But if i want to frown at people who do it, then I will.

Its like Simon using Abel ultra 2. Everyone was saying "OMG CHEAP blah blah" but the fact of the matter is, he still won his matches totally legitimately. Weazzy understands this perfectly, which is why he isnt salty about his matches with simon. Its a similar principle. Some people dont like it. Too bad. Its fine.

Im not trying to stir shit, im just saying, I dont like it. Its still fine. Its still legal. It doesnt 'break' the game. On paper there isnt much wrong with it. Some people just dont like it. Plain and simple.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

You don't fuck with Daigo when he got 2 ex.

You shoulda know!

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 04, 2010, 11:55:25 AM
Goddammit i just posted in the other topic.

Lol i've done that before. You gotta check mane. It's the damn recent posts reply and quote is close to the other topics lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: geneterror on November 04, 2010, 10:05:30 AM
Why? I heard you and Simon standing around giving each other matchup advice during the day as were a lot of other people. How is it different?

it's been answered before but what we discussed was not actually during one of our matches. There's a difference.

IR U IM B IL E

If I can hear people giving advice to my opponent, all good! I will be like ninja and adapt and switch up my play accordingly... or carry on doing what I'm doing to prove that their tactics wont work. For reals.

If I cant understand them... meh. Im a ninja.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CrazyMobius

I guess it's just something that needs to be clarified in the next tourney rules. Seems people had different ideas about it.

fluxcore

I think the rules are actually fairly clear...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on November 04, 2010, 10:08:42 PM
I think the rules are actually fairly clear...

Lol! I thought you said you couldn't find it in the rules.

fluxcore

Yes. I think that makes it pretty clear.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

zos'la

It means there is no such rule, shout all you want and be the next Justin Wong or something.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Is that what it means? Jeez riddle fucking masters.

Anyhow it seems the organizers were under a different impression at the time of the tourney. But good to see it's all cleared up now.

fluxcore

Which organisers? Were they ever asked?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2010, 11:24:27 AM
Which organisers? Were they ever asked?

I think you'll find a certain Hippo Stage, Robot Suit loving individual who shall remain nameless was asked explicitly.

Asshats? I think not.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its frowned upon. Its not a rule, but people who do it should feel bad for doing it.

THATS ALL.

If they want to do it, they're allowed to.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.