• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Coaching Discussion

Started by Hydro, November 03, 2010, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 05, 2010, 01:00:59 PM
Its frowned upon. Its not a rule, but people who do it should feel bad for doing it.

THATS ALL.

If they want to do it, they're allowed to.

Feel bad? Is that the only cost? That's a fairly small price to pay.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea. It is. But its not a bad enough offense to do anything else about it. The player is still 'playing'. Its not like a better player rocked up, grabbed the stick and won the match for him.

I don't like it either, but thats just how it is. Its like soft-banning a character. Like A2 Chun. People can still use her, but theyre fucking dicks if they do.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Ingame coaching makes me sad. For instance I might decide to pick Hakan against someone for the element of surprise. And then just as I'm about to do my special U1 or U2 setup their friend tells them exactly what I'm doing and how to counter it. Not fair imo, but you guys do what you want I guess...

Also I don't mind teammates in a 3v3 or 2v2 telling eachother what to do in the game. Does that make me a hypocrite?

electric

In game coaching is gay. Between rounds coaching is gay.

Between game coaching is boss. Between match coaching is boss.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Quote from: electric on November 05, 2010, 01:46:07 PM
Between game coaching is boss. Between match coaching is boss.

I vote this :) and thats exactly what I did :) does that mean I should feel bad for being a dick or am I boss? :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 05, 2010, 01:51:25 PM
I vote this :) and thats exactly what I did :) does that mean I should feel bad for being a dick or am I boss? :P

If this is true Andy then you've missed the point of the entire conversation. We weren't talking about giving advice between games. And we never have been.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

nope I know exactly what this is :P just want to see what peoples opinions are with regards to such actions during tournament :)

Rorooze

Quote from: massi4h on November 05, 2010, 01:40:44 PM
Ingame coaching makes me sad. For instance I might decide to pick Hakan against someone for the element of surprise. And then just as I'm about to do my special U1 or U2 setup their friend tells them exactly what I'm doing and how to counter it. Not fair imo, but you guys do what you want I guess...

Also I don't mind teammates in a 3v3 or 2v2 telling eachother what to do in the game. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Personally I think coaching in a 1v1 game is pretty shit house, probably shouldn't be allowed at a tournament with cash prizes. I don't have a problem with it in a team tournament at all. That said, my views on coaching probably come from playing FPS games, where coaching is huge in team games but not allowed in 1v1 or 2v2 games.

samurai black

what if someone screams out ULTRA and then i ultra and then all this good shit happens

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on November 05, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
what if someone screams out ULTRA and then i ultra and then all this good shit happens

This is why we cant ban it. Imagine if someone did that and you had to forfeit your win.

Quote from: zosla on November 05, 2010, 03:25:09 PM
nope I know exactly what this is :P just want to see what peoples opinions are with regards to such actions during tournament :)

Ill take your word for it, but i have my doubts.

Anyway, if i havent made myself clear enough already, ill resummarise (is that even a word?) AGAIN for the rest of you:

This discussion is only about coaching DURING A GAME. During a tournament, it is exceptionally bad form, and really, you shouldnt be doing it. Plain and simple. BUT, it is not a bannable offense, so if someone WANTS to flush their credibility down the crapper in order to scrape out a win, then they are perfectly entitled to do that. Just expect everyone to shun you from society and make your life generally miserable afterwards.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

It's okay Fong's small enough to fit in my pocket anyways.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Squares

I'm just wondering, in the SoCal Regionals with BLG Filipino Champ versus Daigo, was BLG Filipino Champ getting advice from Ricky Ortiz during the match? I couldn't tell as the stream quality was completely shit for me and was sitting on my bed a fair ways back. But I did see him walk off a couple of times to consult. Is this frowned upon in such major tournaments in America?

If this isn't within the boundaries of the topic discussion, apologies. I just didn't want to make a whole new topic just for this and get retarded out for being uninformed on the scene over there.

In regards to something zosla said earlier in the thread about reminders after a match or round. When I was playing Tekken 6 in Palmerston North like a crack addict it wasn't unusual for somebody to step in and point out some obvious tips to help balance somebody out. I see a lot of players who get way over-worked and lose their rhythm because they think they are unable to beat the opponents tactics, when a lot of the time it's that they've lost their nerve or something.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't know if it helps most people but if somebody gives me a quick jolt it's helped me on more than one occasion to get back in to a fight.

I'm not sure on the whole advice during a fight. I've never had it happen, but I think it would be distracting more than anything else for me.
Nyaaaa

HoneyBadger

Naww niggas do this shit all the time.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Squares on November 17, 2010, 02:23:42 PM
I'm not sure on the whole advice during a fight. I've never had it happen, but I think it would be distracting more than anything else for me.

Its true, works both ways.

massi4h

Yeah but squares your tekken example is not in a serious tournament match. We encourage people to help eachother and give advice during non-tournament games.