• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Muttonhead's "Being a Scrub" Blog

Started by Lennysaurus, November 05, 2010, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Really good read.  It help's me draw a lot of comparisons between our two scenes, and shows that they deal with very similar issues.

I really really enjoyed this article, and this guy's insight into being a better Street Fighter player.  I honestly think that everyone here that is interested in making our scene more competitive needs to read this:

http://beingascrub.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/melbourne-player-profile-somniac/

He talks alot about why the Melbourne scene is lagging behind the Sydney scene, and also touches on why the Australian scene is behind the USA scene.

Cool stuff.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wow too fucking long to read all of that.

I remember Muttonhead, he used to rage at my random DP's lol. In a funny way though not an angry way.

And Somniac is got a good Bison. But i think Brodsta one is better ay. Somniac been playing alot of Abel lately too, maybe he's changing his main?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Somniac started SF4 playing Abel, but then switched to Bison. Pretty sure he just keeps his Abel play up to scratch so he doesn't get rusty
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on November 06, 2010, 10:14:34 AM
Somniac started SF4 playing Abel, but then switched to Bison. Pretty sure he just keeps his Abel play up to scratch so he doesn't get rusty

Nah man. When was that?

This what he said on ozhadou to some due anyway.

QuoteI've played about 100 matches with Abel and 4,000+ with Bison, so I'm still learning how Abel works, I'd be happy to play against you in some Endless matches sometime cause I wanna learn more about the match up too.

I've only just seen him play Abel too. Also there used to be lots of good comp on vanilla sf4 ay, wonder what happened to those guys. Like elimination and dk69dk. There was heaps of other dudes too but they must've gapped it.

Also there's this guy FuryblitzAU on Aus who's coming up skill wize too, might be good to add him. He's gotta nice Fei.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] weazzyefff

[NIUE] weazzyefff

http://beingascrub.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/picking-up-tokido/

Man i reckon it's pretty cool how we (well AUs and Munta) are getting some attention from  famous sites such as iplaywinner and eventhubs.

Man, Skull should've tried to get into this. If i was Tokido i woulda been all like, ok, you's can fuck off now i need some sleep haha. Nah, that's probably all he did on the plane.

CrazyMobius

Does anyone else feel really discouraged after reading this? It's like man it would be cool to get to a level where we can compete with Oz and then here comes this guy and just rapes their top players.

What hope do we have people?!

LN

If you're only in it for the goal... then yeah, guess you should jump off. Or move.
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

Yeah no matter how good we get. We will always be very very inadequate.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck yer Tokido's a beast man. Listen to all the os he was doing. ANd Toxy going teach me bro teach me.

And i don't know what he mean by os on Bison.

I even saw him do option jump back off a safe jump against Bison!Tokido does jump back option select almost as a universal option select against Bison. He inputs jump back during the safe jump and if the Bison does EX psycho crusher or anything like that, he gets punished with maximum damage.

maelgrim

Well I haven't played SSF4 in many months, but yeah that was a good read
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Skullator

Yeah I love their style of blogging, it's really fresh in a sence that it's pretty much all interesting content not generic lol. Reading it keeps me hooked.

After they finish the three internationals they are probably doing the one from me, talk about NZ and shit, hope I'm not too biased being the Tauranga prick..
I see what you're saying Crazy, it's something I have given alot of thought to especially because I'm not from Auckland (Where it's easier to excel)
I ended up thinking it's best not to be discouraged by any of it, just embrace the challenge, and let it take you wherever you are prepared to let it =\

But ultimately, it's all worthless (Gaming)
So, just think about it and do it for your own reasons I spose, lol.