• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Big ass lobby

Started by Lennysaurus, November 09, 2010, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Quote from: fluxcore on November 10, 2010, 09:10:46 AM
when we played I was trying to give you some experience vs different chars by playing them twice but not being able to explain what I was going for or what their special things were really makes it hard.

p.s I appreciate this but i actually find it harder when people swap chars all the time. Makes it harder
to figure out the basics of game play cause i'm trying to adapt to a new char instead...
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

zos'la

just come down to Yifans and u will learn enought to get u going :) the pressure is on with the golden coins^^
no use reading, explaining, just do it :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

scribble

Quote from: CaptainHook on November 10, 2010, 11:36:58 AM
p.s I appreciate this but i actually find it harder when people swap chars all the time. Makes it harder
to figure out the basics of game play cause i'm trying to adapt to a new char instead...

Agreed, and I think Rumbles suggestion about limiting the character pool by people only playing 'mains or characters that people are seriously trying to learn' will help with this aswell. Normally when people start picking random chars and fucking around the learning experience goes out the window imo. Although I think the emphasis should be on the 'characters that people are seriously trying to learn' rather than strictly mains. I know there is a char other than Ibuki and Adon I'd like to try out against some of NZ's finest, and others in the same boat. We could always just try out the first lobby and then implement changes if needed :P.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Lennysaurus

I think for now, we should just focus on the main characters that we will be using at the Xmas damager tournament.

Keep it simple and serious.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2010, 11:57:05 AM
just come down to Yifans and u will learn enought to get u going :) the pressure is on with the golden coins^^

I have 2 days off from work this month. I work 12 hour days mostly. LOL. Next year once i leave work maybe. :)

fluxcore

Sorry, I mean that's why I picked them TWICE rather than just once :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CaptainHook

Oh, haha. I need to play them about 20 times in one sitting to learn anything. Slow learner i guess. :P

scribble

Quote from: WoundLenny on November 10, 2010, 12:02:45 PM
I think for now, we should just focus on the main characters that we will be using at the Xmas damager tournament.

Keep it simple and serious.

Sounds good

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

fluxcore

Quote from: CaptainHook on November 10, 2010, 12:18:27 PM
Oh, haha. I need to play them about 20 times in one sitting to learn anything. Slow learner i guess. :P

Well, had you been using a mic you could have told me to stick to one of them :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2010, 11:57:05 AM
no use reading, explaining, just do it :)

Take your own advice and play KOF13 you big wuss.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

AND I DID U pussy!!! U knwo u liek me playing u !!!! :P
but seriously.... I didn't do too bad lol.... Play this scrub and beat him, plaed a decetn player and took him down to his last char before I lost... Cody had to stand behind me and smile >< of course he challenged hima nd owned that fucker lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

jpb123

I really like some feed back on my cody/abel but I dont have a 360 mic and i h8 the 360 msging so slowwwwwwwwww.

any chance we could get a ventrilo server?

CaptainHook

I plugged a spare usb keyboard into my xbox, messaging is all good with it! :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.