• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Weekly Level-Up Sessions

Started by CaptainHook, November 11, 2010, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

So as per discussion in the other thread, we should start sorting out a weekly meet up with the intention of
learning and getting everyone better.

Perhaps i shouldn't be the one starting this thread because until i leave my job at xmas i'm a bit strapped for time,
but if people want to start proposing nights that work best, we can figure out when suits everyone.

My suggestion might be thurs nights...?

That way the night before ranbats (every fortnight) people can be "fresh" on things worked on the night before..
But you could argue the other way that people need time to practice what they learnt. Although this will be weekly
and there will still be two weeks for practicing in between ranbats.

But it's a suggestion, make yours and lets do this.
I'll do what i can to make it along for the next month or 2 either way. :)
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

geneterror

I'm busy Thurs nights but I might be able to change it.

I would vote for Wednesday.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Weekends? Revise why you lost while it's still fresh
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

I could do Sunday afternoons or something but Saturday is permanently booked up for me. Actually I could possibly do Saturday afternoon, I think a few people will be busy with sports etc on Saturday mornings though.
KOW 2011

CaptainHook

Not a bad idea.. Although for the working folk it may intrude on their "weekend off" sort of thing but i'm open if everyone supports that.

I quite like the idea of 2 days back to back so it feels like a decent amount of play in a short amount of time.. And a saturday might mean
it could start early afternoon/lunchtime and go until people are over it and leave, rather than just a couple of hours at night. :P

Yeah, on more thinking my vote goes to saturdays at this stage. :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah man not weekends. I will never make it on a weekend. I vote for Wednesdays too. Cos i get paid on Tuesdays.

It's pretty hard for me to make it to town. I get $20 a week.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Argh.. typed as Graeme posted..

Would Sat afternoons be worth it to you Geneterror?

CaptainHook

Argh.. Weazzy. :P

Is it a money thing for weekends or just don't want to spend your weekends doing that?

HoneyBadger

Weazzy is strictly $$ I know that real street nigga is keen for some weekend games.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

I'll vote for Wednesday after work AND Saturday afternoons either/or. Wednesday I could make almost all the time, Saturday I might have to miss a few but could make most of them which would be good enough for me.
KOW 2011

CaptainHook

Fuck Weazzy, i'll give you bus money as long as you don't spend it on alcohol. :P

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Umm both ay. I'm still thinking. Cos i nearly finished Uni. Next week is last week.

I dunno how i'm even getting paid after that, better suss something out or else i'll be super strapped.

It's up to the majority. I reckin it will be easier for me to make Wed cos will hopefully still have the mulah. On weekend i'll be super strapped. And if by some miracle i did have money on weekend i might wanna handle my OTHER addiction and get super juiced up.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Twice a week it is then. :D

But seriously.. would that be too much?

I wonder if it would make it more flexible because there's more chance people could make one.
And if one of the days started to be a no show we've found our day. ;)

And is this def gonna be a giga thing? If we had a location, i would be open to bringing my whole setup
so we don't have to pay. I can bring my xbox, sticks, monitor and speakers.

HoneyBadger

Wait for more people to log on before anything is decided.

MUMMYHALA

CaptainHook

Too late. I already organized it all. But you're not invited. Infact no one else is. I'm gonna get pro by myself.