• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Road to Socal Regionals doco

Started by fluxcore, November 15, 2010, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I don't think I posted anything about this before, but a couple of weeks ago a roughly 50min doco was posted about the SoCal scene and the leadup to Socal Regionals. It was only part one.

Part two has just been released and it's just as great. As a bit of an old fogey I can really relate to so many things in these vids - the vast difference in how the new generation of players interact and learn, how the scene has changed and more. But it's definitely not aimed solely at us old guys - it details some up and coming new talent and their paths, and much more.

I find it hard to know how interesting it'll be to everyone because quite frankly I inhale everything that relates to fighting games religiously, but I think it's worth everyone's time to watch.

Part One
Part Two
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I love watching doco's. Moreso from a filmmakers perspective than a fighting game enthusiast, but these ones are always interesting. If only to compare their scene to ours. Ill definitely invest 50 mins in this at some point over the next couple of days when im not at work.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

I've watched both parts. Both amazing.  :o 2 50 mintue sections must have been alot of hard work. I have enough trouble getting my stuff down to 15 mins.
I wonder how many parts it'll go for?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

LN

I think it's planned 3 parts? The two leading up to, and one part for SCR itself.
There is no knowledge that is not power

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

CptMunta

Part 3 was fucking amazing. Really clever questions with real honest answers. Really felt for james. Best use of Rocky Raccoon ever!

Only tiny thing that could have been better IMO is to finish on the rocky raccoon montage. Started to loose a wee bit of momentum after that. And the director's comment at the end to close it seemed a tad forced.

Still the amount of work that he must have put into it is astounding and it's a going to be a real time stamp we can look back on when the scene dies down again and remember just how huge it got.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta