• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Getting off of our collective asses.

Started by Chuckk, November 23, 2010, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

OK guys get off your lazy asses and come to WellyLAN. It's $50 for the whole weekend of gaming and it's a great way to meet, level up and try out a tournament format and get some experience. If you guys really wanna do something you should definitely come. If someone wants to bring 3s we can have some jams at that as well.

Sdj

Quote from: massi4h on December 31, 2010, 12:35:25 AM
OK guys get off your lazy asses and come to WellyLAN. It's $50 for the whole weekend of gaming and it's a great way to meet, level up and try out a tournament format and get some experience. If you guys really wanna do something you should definitely come. If someone wants to bring 3s we can have some jams at that as well.

ah yeaaaah quote. it's $30 bucky's now i'm pretty sure.  (stf4 and tekken only)

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1584.30.html

i heard some probs with the description of the rules and stuff. im sure the host is chill kinda guy so it'll work out if you fess up some opinions.

as for consoles you guys should REALLY reply to your PM's so we can sort out who's gonna bring the tevo's, xbox360 and sticks as well as Car pool/rides.

we only need i reckon 2 tv's and xbox's dedicated to the FG's scene.
if anyone will to OR someone with spare room in car could bring an extra set of tv's, we ARE allowed to have casuals of PS2 platform games. mite even start a lil mini-tourney to go with the theme.

so get your sticks/manhood sorted and register unless you want auckland to steal the show again?
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

massi4h

Yeah so as I said in the other topic I'm bringing my monitor (pretty lag free), xbox and TE all with SSF4 and T6 (and MVC2, HF, HDR, DOA4 lol), though I will be trying to put some time into Guitar Hero when I'm there as I want to be quite serious about it.

Sparzx

Quote from: Sdj on December 31, 2010, 02:55:16 AM
ah yeaaaah quote. it's $30 bucky's now i'm pretty sure.  (stf4 and tekken only)
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1584.30.html
i heard some probs with the description of the rules and stuff. im sure the host is chill kinda guy so it'll work out if you fess up some opinions.

With the rules/description were you referring to the Welly LAN ones? cause I'm happy to run it however you guys want it. I'm a button mashing pro on PS2's Mortal Kombat, so I have no idea really about the competitive fighting scene. Haha.
And yup, $30 for Tekken/SSF. I'll sort out a whole area for you guys if you dont need the setup like the Halo players have (with 4 monitors all lined up) so you can all chillax and stuff. can even try to hax some couches or something from the venue if I can
get em!
:D
Also just purchased a stick for people to use if they dont have one and still want to come :)

massi4h

Just using standard rules mate. So SSF4 will be best of 3 rounds best of 3 games each game and tekken will be best of 5 rounds best of 3 games each game. Loser is allowed to change character and I'm pretty sure standard Tekken 6 console tournaments use 110% HP.

Sdj

Quote from: massi4h on December 31, 2010, 01:00:56 PM
Just using standard rules mate. So SSF4 will be best of 3 rounds best of 3 games each game and tekken will be best of 5 rounds best of 3 games each game. Loser is allowed to change character and I'm pretty sure standard Tekken 6 console tournaments use 110% HP.

110%..??? for tekken 6? never heard taht before, but i havn't looked into myself. i know that Tekken 5 dr was 120%. us guys didn't really noticed the gamelength/ hp ratio that different from a 120t5dr to the standard 100% in tekken 6 so none of us has even bothered to go into it.

another key point for that is.. damaging scaling in tekken 6 is ridiculously absurd so WHY have more hp when you not even doing much damage to begin with.

@massi4h: sounds right. the semi's/grand finals will be the usual e.g. 5round out of 5 etc for tekken.

@Sparzx: Cheers man and lol i know what you mean. easier for us to oraganise as well. ill inform the tekken forums.
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

madaxe munkee

We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Sdj

Quote from: madaxe munkee on January 01, 2011, 09:23:21 PM
No Blazblue? Q_Q lol

meh we can still play it in the down time between tourney's
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura