• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BlazBlue MASH-UP (Training Session - December 4th @ GIGA)

Started by Squares, November 26, 2010, 05:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squares

BlazBlue MASH-UP (Training Session)

I'm holding a BlazBlue training session for those participating in the BlazBlue tournament at the CHRISTMAS DAMAGER this coming December.
For those of you who are interested please post a reply or PM me if you can come or not.

The training session will be held on December 4th @ GIGA, starting at 12:30 P.M.
For those that wish to, feel to free to meet me at the Burger King TimeZone before heading over to GIGA, I will be there at 11:30 A.M.

Standard training rules will apply, play your set and swap-off. Give advice to others.

Confirmed attending:

originaljulz
Squares
Taku
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

I'm keen. I wanna meet more people that play BB on this forum. ATM I just know Geneterror/Graeme that plays, and like, Rory and Mason who are just starting.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Squares

Do you want to help me setup something then?

I was thinking, because we will mostly be training for the CHRISTMAS DAMAGER it would be nice if those of us who come could offer feedback after your set is up, since it's always nice to see what the observer does when you don't. Especially for offline matches.

I have a Playstation 3 I can carry around to pretty much anywhere we hold this, I'm currently playing with a Playstation 3 controller but will change to an arcade stick before the CHRISTMAS DAMAGER (I think), so if any of you pad players want some advice on that as well, this would be a good chance! And since I've never really used an arcade stick, except at Yifans to play shmups. I'm pretty pure when it comes to them.

Umm, I can't really think of much else! It would be a pretty intense training session, not just for casual matches. So yeah, if you are interested please don't hesitate! The more the merrier!
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

Sweet. Were you thinking having it at Giga?
Someone's house?

I have a Hrap3 with Sanwa in it, if we need a stick. I have at least 1 other friend who wants to train for the Christmas Damager as well.

I know Graeme is always up for some training.

Squares

Never been to Giga so not sure of the standards / costs.
Unless you know somebody with a good house to play at?
Nyaaaa

Taku

count me in!!!jus gimme a place and time n i'll b there.
I Fear Not The Man Who Has Practiced 10,000 Kicks Once, But I Fear The Man Who Has Practiced One Kick 10,000 Times.

--Bruce Lee

Lennysaurus

Giga have an HRAP3 and PS3 there.  SO if you take your stick, and a copy of the game you'll be fine.  Just take a HDMI->DVI adapter with you just in case and ask to use a monitor.  It'll cost you ten bucks an hour.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Squares

Giga seems like the place to go! I'm not really sure on a day since the CHRISTMAS DAMAGER is reeaallly soon.
If next Saturday isn't a problem for everyone (as hopefully most of you don't work on Saturday). Then how about, next Saturday? We can meet up at Yifans next to the shitty cabinet the old BlazBlue is in and go from there.

Lemme know what you think!

Updated main post!
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

Looks like I wrote up a reply earlier, and didn't even post before I turned off my PC to go to the gym... Lol.
Fail.

Anyway it went something like: unfortunately I can't offer my house, and I don't wanna suggest anyone else's house without them offering it first, but Giga is a good place to do it.

If we've decided for Saturday 4th Dec at Giga, then I'm good with that. What time?

Also, why meet at Yifans for shitty old cab CT, when we could meet at Timezone where the cabs decent, and it actually has CS? :D

Squares

Just incase people don't know where to go, Yifan's seems like a good place to meet up first. And the old cabinet with BlazBlue Shitty Trigger is like a marker, haha.
Wouldn't actually put money in to that PoS.

But yeah okay, I forgot BK TimeZone actually had CS. BK TimeZone it is!
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

Lol we don't actually have a time yet it seems.

Squares

Nope, we don't. How about just after lunch? I'll probably be at Yifan's at like 11:00 AM, I want to play some stuff there before training anyway.
Soo, around 12:30? And we can decide on a finishing time then.
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

Taku

4th dec,12.30pm.lookin forward to trying out my (hopefully improved) tager against you julz.i'll be bringing a mate of mine who also plays BBCS,he plays carl,tao and hazama.only problem is we're both pad players,so plz dont laugh too much when we jump on the sticks and look like scrubby noobs ;D
I Fear Not The Man Who Has Practiced 10,000 Kicks Once, But I Fear The Man Who Has Practiced One Kick 10,000 Times.

--Bruce Lee

Squares

Quote from: Taku on November 28, 2010, 12:41:14 PM
4th dec,12.30pm.lookin forward to trying out my (hopefully improved) tager against you julz.i'll be bringing a mate of mine who also plays BBCS,he plays carl,tao and hazama.only problem is we're both pad players,so plz dont laugh too much when we jump on the sticks and look like scrubby noobs ;D

Look forward to seeing you there Taku! It's actually not as hard as you may think, going from being a BBCS pad user to arcade stick. Since BlazBlue has some pretty tight frame input requirements. Arcade sticks are perfect for this and allow you to flow much better.
Nyaaaa