• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Challenges

Started by Squares, November 27, 2010, 09:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squares

So I've been using the challenges in BlazBlue to help me learn the game, specifically Tsubaki. At the moment I'm stuck on Challenge #4.
Yeah, I'm not very good at the game yet. I can do Challenge #3 pretty flawlessly now, need a small warm up on it though.

I can consistently get up to the fourth part of the gatling, sometimes the fifth but the timing just has me confused to shit. Doesn't help that I button mash the first two parts of the string.

This is the combo itself, I probably got the coding wrong.. I've never really used it until recently, haha.

22D -> 6C -> 5C -> sj.9C -> j.5C -> CC -> 236A -> 214C

Not sure how to get in to the sj.9C -> j.5C
The rest of it should be easy, that part has me boned.

Anyone else doing these?

EDIT: I feel like dick for posting this now... I just figured out what I was doing wrong. I had a pause between the super jump and 9C, was suppose to just be a quick input. NOW IT'S EASY AS CAKE. Anyway... guess the post is still relevant, anyone else doing any of these challenges and having trouble? I've done about 50% of all of the challenges.
Nyaaaa

massi4h

I'm not the best to give advice at this game, but I'm pretty sure you jump-cancel your sj.9C into another C. I think that sj.9C should be sj.5C or sj.6C as in you do the super jump and then the move will be either a neutral or forward C, then as soon as it hits jump (should cancel the move) and press C again. 

ErlKing2

It would be easier to get into the j9c part if you only have under 2 hits on the previous 5C(the long sword that look like poke from the ground)
and actually i think it is better to call it 6CC instead of 6C->5C)

Squares

Yay! I just got it.. Now to practice it about 2000 more times, 1000 for each direction...

And perhaps you are right, I never really made an effort to learn it because I always taught myself and would never be satisfied with myself if I couldn't do it own my own with little help. But I guess it is helpful knowing the notations, at least of the basic fighting mechanic ones that every fighting game uses, just to make it easier to understand.

And Erl you're right, the lower the hits that sword poke does the easier and lower you can cancel into. Ideally 10 hits (max) is obviously better for damage. Got to start small I guess. I'v been doing it on 8 hits now.
Nyaaaa

ErlKing2

The maximum hit for the poked sowrd is 3 hits
The most stable way to finish the whole combo is 2hits

To obviously if you need a stable combo, just counts 2hits for the poked sword, and then high jump cancle it,
and for more damages, pratices more with the 3 hits~

Squares

Yeah my bad, I was looking at the wrong move. On the subject of challenges, although not technically a mission. SCORE ATTACK MODE, fuck me that is some cheap AI, most of the AI controlled opponents can be baited quite easily, Hakumen and Hazama... I lose to them every time, I get Hakumen down to a scratch of HP and then he 8 hit combos me for 3 quarters of my life and I lose.
Nyaaaa