• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Birdie got like 14 wins last night with his pro Gief before he had to leave
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

GGs tonight TooMeke...

I had 3 revelations tonight.

1.  That you are far too good for the small amount of time you have played this game lol
2.  That my ELF is starting to hit a wall.  You had me stumped most of the night with him and I couldnt figure out what to do.  I couldnt really do wakeups on you cause you could tele out, and focus ruined my day.  ANy ideas dude?
3.  That Id be a friggin idiot to drop Gen atm, considering he is the only character I could use tonight that you didnt outright beat me with hands down lol.  So Gen is back in business.  Trying to learn some shit so that i can S.MKxxHand  so that it combos

EDIT: Boxers crouching jab makes babies cry

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on April 07, 2009, 08:37:03 PM
GGs tonight TooMeke...

1.  That you are far too good for the small amount of time you have played this game lol
2.  That my ELF is starting to hit a wall.  You had me stumped most of the night with him and I couldnt figure out what to do.  I couldnt really do wakeups on you cause you could tele out, and focus ruined my day.  ANy ideas dude?
3.  That Id be a friggin idiot to drop Gen atm, considering he is the only character I could use tonight that you didnt outright beat me with hands down lol.  So Gen is back in business.  Trying to learn some shit so that i can S.MKxxHand  so that it combos

1. I've probably played sfiv specifically more than most in NZ. Yifans must be missing my weekly wednesday blow outs lol.

2. Watch how Tetsu mix's it up on wakeup so that focus and stuff like teleport are no longer safe options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p803I5eDKnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PcyjXUN0O8&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oMJM-qqV80&feature=channel_page

To beat teleport you can run slide on reaction. A casidia bomb might be good every now and then to stop focus fishing. Maybe meaty fierce xx run into mixup?

I reckon you should stick with Fuerte. He is awesome to play against.

Noticed that high level fuerte play is based around setting up RSF loop and not so much his 50/50. So you've have the combo down just gotta learn some sweet setups.
3. Dood I was having a hard time against that Gen of yours. Next time we play I wouldn't mind doing ten straight games Gen vs Balrog so that I can get a decent feel of the match. You were hitting some sick combos I was literally goin WOOOOOO rick flair styles. GOOD SHIT!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Toomeke on April 07, 2009, 10:15:05 PM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on April 07, 2009, 08:37:03 PM
GGs tonight TooMeke...

1. I've probably played sfiv specifically more than most in NZ. Yifans must be missing my weekly wednesday blow outs lol.

2. Watch how Tetsu mix's it up on wakeup so that focus and stuff like teleport are no longer safe options.

To beat teleport you can run slide on reaction. A casidia bomb might be good every now and then to stop focus fishing. Maybe meaty fierce xx run into mixup?

Noticed that high level fuerte play is based around setting up RSF loop and not so much his 50/50. So you've have the combo down just gotta learn some sweet setups.
3. Dood I was having a hard time against that Gen of yours. Next time we play I wouldn't mind doing ten straight games Gen vs Balrog so that I can get a decent feel of the match. You were hitting some sick combos I was literally goin WOOOOOO rick flair styles. GOOD SHIT!

Awesome, forgot that you been playin in the arcade.

You might want to PM me your number.  PSN is shit compared to xbox live, so much harder to message and stuff.  Anything to do with being online takes a million years ompared to xbox live.

kingpiccolo

stop your bitchin and prepare for beat downs since i got 2weeks off now.

geneterror

Had fun playin' you last night Lenny, sorry I had to bail so fast a friend of mine turned up. Your Fuerte is dope bro, I really enjoy playing against him. I just need to keep working on those Abel combos, I was really off last night for some reason. I don't know that it's possible but maybe I smoked too much before I sat down to play last night , I need to power on through that kind of mentality though. I think at the next tourney we need a little smokers booth so I can be in the right state of mind 8)

One thing I'm struggling with though is the timing of comboing off the elbow (cr.HP). I think playing Urien in 3S has fucked with my mind. I either wait to long and try and get the finisher off a juggle like you do with Urien but obviously it's to late and nothing but the Ultra will juggle or I combo off the first hit which also doesn't connect. I keep thinking that it's like Urien and you can't combo off the second hit. Old habits can be hard to break sometimes :-[
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Fuck that update shit. You guys better get your passes ready, cause the school bus is coming to all your houses!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Shortened to reduce clutter.

Quote from: Toomeke on April 07, 2009, 10:15:05 PM

Reaction run slide works well against bisons teleport, ive had limited success against sim's though. Random tidbit: Run slide, when done AS YOU ARE BEING HIT puniches blanka ball.

As it stands, noone ever seems to see quesadilla bomb coming. And you can cancel into the super. (Just make sure to time it right, other wise youll get a few flips, but not the full damage. Also, I can confirm that the full super can be linked off of a fully charged quesadilla bomb) I personally favour run, stop, run back, tortilla spin, but dont do it against a shoryu whore. Although, fake runs >>> shoryukens.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Played Lenny last night. Probably some of the most fun challenges I've had in AGES. Fuerte vs Fuerte is nuts.

Also don't give up on Fuerte just yet! Ariba!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: kingpiccolo on April 08, 2009, 03:02:36 AM

You gotta accept da challenge requests. :p

Lennysaurus

Yeah GGS Crazy and Gene.

Good matches.

kingpiccolo

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 08, 2009, 10:47:52 AM
Quote from: kingpiccolo on April 08, 2009, 03:02:36 AM

You gotta accept da challenge requests. :p

most of the times its my cousin thinking hes pro he doesnt even know how to start online challenges, i should really turn off auto sign and sign in when im on.

i got back from supanova sunday too late to accept your challenges and yeah hayden panettiere is fkn smoking hot irl

stereomonkey

Quote from: kingpiccolo on April 08, 2009, 12:05:32 PM
i got back from supanova sunday too late to accept your challenges and yeah hayden panettiere is fkn smoking hot irl

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

silver_spoon

aaaaaaddd meeeeeee. I need to spoon some people. And i gotta sharpen my Cammy for the next tourny :DDDDD
I am terrible.

Hydro

Fought some online matches today as.

GGs: Simon (Crazymobius) Four bar rules the school as we all know. Great Blanka vs Viper fights, they were the highlight for me my bro.

GGs: Ioane (Kingpiccolo), Your Gief is one of the meanest I've fought online, I have memories of you older Gief styles being integrated  into the SFIV play, those ticks into SPD were something special brother. :)

My Viper needs more training on left facing double fierce combo though :/ it's retarded I can do it blind facing right, but facing left it's like 30% ??? banana.