• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Tala on May 21, 2009, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: zosla on May 20, 2009, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: Tala on May 19, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
hey guys,

any tips on dhalsim? I play rufus btw.
dhalsim is very annoying turtle style char. i can beat any other turtle chars but dhalsim is special. his lp fireball travels real slow so I cant punish him by jumping over it. i usually eat an ultra or super. if there isn't a meter he just jumps back HP or s.HK. if i get close he uses his long reach advantage to push me back. if cornered he teleports.

LOL, there are more character people are using these days, so stop bitching about Ryu.
Also there are plenty of other players there you have trouble with tbh and its not just Ryu.
My gielf and Chun are advancing slowly :D
I'll promise you a good time when you next play me lol.
But Yifan is the place to go if you really want to get the finger shaking feeling :)

???

Thanks for the tips Lennysaurus Rex

All good bro.

If you want help online just flick us an invite and hit me up over xbl or psn.  I can try and play whoever youre having trouble against and help you out some.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 22, 2009, 01:13:37 PM
Lag is the lamest thing ever.

Flowchart ken fires off HP shoryuken from close range, el fuerte blocks.

El fuerte goes to punish.

*nothing happens*

El fuerte eats another HP shoryuken.

El fuerte wakes up, and blocks another HP shoryuken

El fuerte thinks to himself, "fuck this im gonna mash out a jab. theres no way the lag can keep THAT from punishing a whiffed hp shoryuken"

El fuerte goes to punish

*nothing happens*

El fuerte thinks "fuck. better block"

El fuerte blocks, and ken lands. (blocking for a good second at least.)

*large pause where el fuerte sctubbily sits there blocking, almost ASKING to be thrown.*

El fuerte eats an ultra whilst holding down-back on the stick for 2-3 seconds.

Bill dies a little inside.
El fuerte eats Pizza 1st...to gain da power  ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

kingpiccolo

LOL every turtle i play online i throw the shit out of to screw up their mad play styles then i get hate mails sayin im cheap for throwin lol good times good times they just lucky i need a shit load to kill them and not 3 or 4 like SF:HF and down

CrazyMobius

Quote from: kingpiccolo on May 28, 2009, 03:04:11 AM
LOL every turtle i play online i throw the shit out of to screw up their mad play styles then i get hate mails sayin im cheap for throwin lol good times good times they just lucky i need a shit load to kill them and not 3 or 4 like SF:HF and down

You must get a lot of good connections against Aussie players eh? Seems 4 bar matches are getting to be a rarity in NZ now. Thank God for the friends list.

fluxcore

I get a 4 bar connection to Stu in AU... other aussies are usually 3 or 4 I think. This is xbl.
Otherwise I agree completely :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Tala

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 22, 2009, 01:24:49 PM
All good bro.

If you want help online just flick us an invite and hit me up over xbl or psn.  I can try and play whoever youre having trouble against and help you out some.
UPDATE:
i have been beating an 11k dhalsim last few days :D (tips work, the FA against j.HP is so awesome) i went for high dive kicks instead of keeping it low on wake up. i eat ultra or supers if its low.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: Tala on May 28, 2009, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 22, 2009, 01:24:49 PM
All good bro.

If you want help online just flick us an invite and hit me up over xbl or psn.  I can try and play whoever youre having trouble against and help you out some.
UPDATE:
i have been beating an 11k dhalsim last few days :D (tips work, the FA against j.HP is so awesome) i went for high dive kicks instead of keeping it low on wake up. i eat ultra or supers if its low.

It makes Sim from being an asshole to being a bitch.  Good work Tala :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

anyone got any tips on how to beat guile users??? that's my biggest matchup problem, i just can't break their turtle styles  ???
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

electric

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 29, 2009, 12:42:18 PM
anyone got any tips on how to beat guile users??? that's my biggest matchup problem, i just can't break their turtle styles  ???

Who do you use ? If it's a turtle Guile, I like to rush the shit out of him and just stay on top of the guy. Lots of block strings, tick throws, etc.

I play Abel, so this comes sorta second nature for him. He's at his best when he's playing in your face and pressuring you to make mistakes.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Gino

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 29, 2009, 12:42:18 PM

If the guile likes to do crouching roundhouse, start practising some punishing moves before the second hit can hit you.
Get in close, his flash kick can go under you if cross him up.
If you use blanka, don't ever slide in on him unless you want to feel pain, he recovers REALLY fast from those sonic booms.
Ryu and ken (and maybe others) Hurricane Kicks go over his sonic booms, really good if he throws them around carelessly.
Remember that he does have a air throw and meeting him mid-air can be pretty annoying if he uses it.

HoneyBadger

If he really loves to turtle and you can get a lead on him, a fun thing to do is to sit in the other corner giving him the big finger while the clock runs out =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

And then randomly drop the SMOOF ELBOW on him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

thanks for the tips fellaz, helps alot, i main balrog, but im not sure he's the right character for me, im more of a charging/in your face type of player or in other words "impatient" lol
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community