• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 31, 2009, 02:18:21 PM
thanks for the tips fellaz, helps alot, i main balrog, but im not sure he's the right character for me, im more of a charging/in your face type of player or in other words "impatient" lol

Welcome to my world. Your rog is good though. But i dunno, you might find rufus to me more your cup of tea. Rog can apply pressure quite well though, he doesnt HAVE to be a turtle. Just dont get fresh with the headbutts, and watch how ben plays.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 31, 2009, 02:18:21 PM
thanks for the tips fellaz, helps alot, i main balrog, but im not sure he's the right character for me, im more of a charging/in your face type of player or in other words "impatient" lol

Yeah, Rog isn't quite the rushdown powerhouse he was in ST, but you can still play him like that pretty well... at least for the first half of the round. When they have ultra you have to play a bit safer... but that's the same with every char really (unless you like eating ultras!)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on May 31, 2009, 06:48:14 PM
(unless you like eating ultras!)

om nom nom nom, wake up ultra!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 01, 2009, 07:03:48 PM
Well since someone deleted my list of Street Fighter IV Playstation Network Players here is the list as it stood before it vanished. So much for trying to grow the community.

I don't what you're talking about 'growing the community'? Sounded a little too bitter my bro.  

Go check the playstation sub-forum - your list is there.

fluxcore

I guess I should have posted a redirection topic, I tend not to like those  though (bit too much clutter).

Anyway yeah, PSN stuff goes in PSN forum.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on June 01, 2009, 07:30:56 PM
I guess I should have posted a redirection topic, I tend not to like those  though (bit too much clutter).

Anyway yeah, PSN stuff goes in PSN forum.

Thanks a lot for that!  ;D

CrazyMobius

I heard there was a Street Fighter IV tournament coming up this year. Any news on that?

fluxcore

August 15th is the date for our national SFIV tourney, it was announced at the training session. There hasn't been a proper web press release yet, waiting on some promo material.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on June 02, 2009, 01:35:08 PM
August 15th is the date for our national SFIV tourney, it was announced at the training session. There hasn't been a proper web press release yet, waiting on some promo material.

Sweet. Should be good.

zos'la

hope to see you guys all there for this comign tourny. we got some great prizes for grab and of course teh tense sensation feeling !!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

DangerMouse

Hey guys, I'm trying to do some combos with Bison, got this one off the net but I don't know how to cancel in these moves because they need charging, can someone tell me what I need to do, can cancel straight out of the cr.mk but then not sure if the scissor kick is meant to be instant or wait a bit. This is the combo I was trying:

jump in mk, cr.lp close standing lp, cr.mk, cancel into psycho crusher or hk scissor kicks

thanks

CptMunta

Quote from: DangerMouse on June 02, 2009, 04:25:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to do some combos with Bison, got this one off the net but I don't know how to cancel in these moves because they need charging, can someone tell me what I need to do, can cancel straight out of the cr.mk but then not sure if the scissor kick is meant to be instant or wait a bit. This is the combo I was trying:

jump in mk, cr.lp close standing lp, cr.mk, cancel into psycho crusher or hk scissor kicks

thanks

The Cr MK you should be able to cancel into scissor/psycho crusher/super even, as soon as it hits. It's also easier to land combos like that if you cross them up.

Also make sure you are holding your charge in the right direction as soon as you jump and throughout the entire combo.

For an easy one button combo to get you started:

Jump forward hold back as soon as you leave the ground MK in the air
As soon as you land move the stick/pad to Down-Back hit MK
Then before the animation completes Press forward and MK for the Scissor.

I usually go Cross up MK Cr. LP X2, LK xx LK Scissor. Good pressure string if blocked even. Cr LP to Cr MK sounds dodgy to me, dunno if it links or not.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[8-----D] Toots

Standing lp links into crouch mk. Its pretty easy once you get it down. Also weird thing about this game is that after a cross-up you are further away from the opponent than you would be after a normal deep jump-in. Yay for 3D models  ::)

Lennysaurus

When you play a charge character you need to learn how to "hide" your charge. 

This is generally done by holding back/down while you jump, so that by the time you hit the ground you have enough charge to do your special move.  Or by holding the joystick down/back during a move that moves you forward. (eg: guile back+short, bison crouch roundhouse)

TBH, you might want to try an easier link for bison first.  Like:
jumpin whatever, crouch jab x2, standing short, scissor kick.

Just make sure that as soon as you jump you are holding back so that your charge is ready for the scissor kick.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero