• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Money matches for Xmas Damager

Started by massi4h, December 09, 2010, 07:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

So that was completely un-hype.

The crowd was a bit lame compared to what i expected but i guess the match was too... ?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

From what i heard, there wasnt enough UMEHALA.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[SAS]akuma1nz

wel i wasnt sure who was gona win da $ mtch but i didnt thnk it would b 5-0... smoooffff was plyn pretty gd in tourney but lost it in da $ mtch... nva mnd u cant win dem allllllllll!!!
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

budafist

the ref should a stopped the fight in the 3rd round. or Mason should of thrown in the towel.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[SAS]akuma1nz

Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

originaljulz

Quote from: CaptainHook on December 11, 2010, 05:40:50 PM
So that was completely un-hype.

The crowd was a bit lame compared to what i expected but i guess the match was too... ?

Pretty much agreed.

I guess watching someone getting smashed by fireballs for 5 rounds to nothing isn't very interesting?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Pinolicious

I like the clapping after every round.

You can read that with or without sarcasm, in the end the whole match was unhype
<PSN> Kriselda

budafist

I think that DVS just shut everyone the fuck up.
so many peeps were behind smoof leading up to the MM, but wouldnt give any recognition to gene for showing him up.
its gona sound bias, but gene did well at keeping at his gameplan and shutting down Sagats tiger shot game. sure it wasnt the most exciting to watch.
but you gotta give him credit, he held his ground and worked the strategy all the way to pay day.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

oh yeah gene played very well , he won 5-0 !!
sure fireball wars arent a combo exhibition but sagat vs ryu this is what your gunna see .

congrats on the win gene  :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Nick4now

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 12, 2010, 10:19:11 AM
I like the clapping after every round.

You can read that with or without sarcasm, in the end the whole match was unhype

I read that with and without sarcasm and lol'd both times  ;D

But definitely congrats on the win DVS, well played  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Smoof should watch that vid of those games if it exists. Need to AA more. Your AA's as bad as they were against Budafist haha.

Congrats to Gene winning though, 5-0 haha. Shit Smoof , coulda made it interesting haha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: budafist on December 12, 2010, 11:48:12 AM
so many peeps were behind smoof leading up to the MM, but wouldnt give any recognition to gene for showing him up.
its gona sound bias, but gene did well at keeping at his gameplan and shutting down Sagats tiger shot game. sure it wasnt the most exciting to watch.
but you gotta give him credit, he held his ground and worked the strategy all the way to pay day.

People were behind smoof because statistically he was the favourite. I wasnt there, but from what im told, it wasnt hype because it wasnt close, and the gameplay was boring. From what i hear, DVS outplayed smoof, and everyone needs to give him props for that, because he fucking deserves it. So from me, straight up, well done Gene.

As for making people 'shut the fuck up', i disagree. If a match is boring to watch, noone is going to get hype for it. Look at your match vs smoof. The best rounds were the ones that were close that one of you (usually you haha) managed to clutch out at the wire.

Smoof plays a very very patient game. And it sounds like DVS shut it down with an even MORE patient game. That was NEVER going to be hype. Did DVS prove his point? Hell yes he did. Did he deserve the win? Hell yes he did. Was it as hype as we hoped? Hell no it wasnt.

And if it makes you feel better, the amount of shit smoof is going to get from me alone is going to make Genes win worth it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL RAPEFEST HAHAHA
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

personally, i think DVS shouldve been a cunt and gone, "SHAME SMOOF GO EAT A LARGE COLESLAW! " ;D

Rorooze

The first three games I thought were pretty good. Sure there were lots of fireballs but smoof was slowly putting dvs in the corner in most of the games, he just never capitalised on getting him in the corner, usually because smoof ended up throwing out a random uppercut and got punished.

After the third game I think DVS had the psychological advantage and smoof got frustrated and it was a bit of a white wash after that.

Money matches regarding BS on the forums (arguing about wow or someone being a dick, lol) aren't as hype about someone calling out another players skill at the game (skull vs bill). That was hype because they both thought they were better than each other, and to add to that the games were pretty close.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: budafist on December 12, 2010, 11:48:12 AM

i give gene his credit, good win bro

however that money match was boring!!!!!!!! bill and skullator money match is still number one :)

smoof you shall forever be banned from making money matches yah marnis :P
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community