• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Buying games overseas and playing them online in NZ...

Started by MistaTCR, December 09, 2010, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistaTCR

Just a simple question but I just want to know if I bought a game from the USA or Japan,
-can NZ PS3's play those games? ( Something about being region free, I don't exactly know...)
-If I can play those games on PS3 can I still play online?

I'm probably not phrasing my questions properly but I just need a rough idea.

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of purchasing the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Collectors edition from the states ( Mightyape told me they won't be supplying the collectors edition apparently and no plans to do so) as I have contacts over there.
Unless Mightyape decides to sell the collectors edition than never mind this thread lol.

I want the collectors edition cause the normal cover art is um shite.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer you can.

But if you want to buy DLC then you need to make an American account and put money on your wallet with a USA psn card. Which can be a hassle if you ask me. Which is why i don't get USA shit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

ROCOABC

Hey Mista.  Answers below where I can -

Just a simple question but I just want to know if I bought a game from the USA or Japan,
-can NZ PS3's play those games? ( Something about being region free, I don't exactly know...)
// Yes.  I have imported countless times and so far have not encountered any imported titles that I haven't been able to play.

-If I can play those games on PS3 can I still play online?
// Yes.  But some games will default you to the region the game is from.  You can change that in game anyway.  SInce you are talking about MvC3 the you won't have to worry.  I have SSF4 Asia ver. and the game plays online as per usual as if the game was the NZ ver.

I'm probably not phrasing my questions properly but I just need a rough idea.

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of purchasing the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Collectors edition from the states ( Mightyape told me they won't be supplying the collectors edition apparently and no plans to do so) as I have contacts over there.
Unless Mightyape decides to sell the collectors edition than never mind this thread lol.
// I am importing the US version as well just for the CE.  Actually have a preoder down on the Gamestop site.  As Weazzy Jeazzy stated, for the DLC you will need an account from that region.  So if you have the US version of the game you can only download the DLC from the US PSN store.  To my understadning Marvel is prohibiting the MvC3 CE to be sold outside of US.  There seems to be no plans for any sort of CE for any other regions.  Shame really.

I want the collectors edition cause the normal cover art is um shite.
//Agree.  The CE art is impecable and very sexy.  Lets not forget you also get Shuma Gorath and Jill as DLC which is a HUGE bonus.