• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

CHRISTMAS DAMAGER - The dust has settled...

Started by Lennysaurus, December 11, 2010, 06:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Thanks a lot to the organisers, and to everyone for turning up! Especially the BlazBlue contingent, it's always a game that has had potential but no-one knew what the turnout would be like if an event was held. Great to see people supporting it. Keep it up and events could become a regular thing!

Also big ups to the people that entered even when they had never played/had very limited playtime with it. Hope you guys got something out of it too, or at least a bit of an interest in what's possible with it.

Good to meet you Redtie, we'll have to catch up on GGPO for some runbacks of that HF match haha :)

And good to meet you BB fellas, Julz, Caleb, ReallySorryI'veForgottenYourNameWellingtonDude... cheers for the casuals!

Fortuna was awesome. Cheers Lenny :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

ErlKing2

I intended to get home quickly for watching that Australia Shadowloo tournament online, and unfortunately I missed my bus......
I should stay there and play some casual games, I have never seen a good hakumen player in Auckland and I was surprise to him.

Over all I saw many good matches for BBCS, they had performed good moves and some combos, and I think most of players are just lack of experience that versus to real players. If you play about 100 matches with real people, you will definitely get much much better than now.

originaljulz

Lol Alan, just call him Mr Fantastic. I do. xD

Third was Kevin, going under Kraze or something.

And it think it's ETBQ? I know the last bit is BQ. EGBQ?
Stupid name lol >,<
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

CGBQ you Kungs.

GG's.

Will write more when i wake up, fucked as.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yo yo yo xmas damager was mad damageness

props to the admin staffs for running it with the sweetness of a virginS untouched cherry on top muffin.

big handiclaps for weazzy and fong for winning the 2v2, but not for beating us :(

good to see heapsa niggaz upping their sf skillzorz.

big diesel funnels for the chch homies.....lol i will revenge u guys next time haha

fortuna was damager......so was the waitress yowza haha

TEAM NIUE MOTHERFUCKERS YARRRGGHHHH
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Rorooze

That went well! I hope everyone enjoyed the day.

Thanks especially to graeme and julz for helping with BB:CS and keeping things running smoothly. It's pretty difficult to cover 4 setups at a time, it was pretty noisy and I couldn't shout all the time :< Most appreciated!

The turnout for BB:CS was much larger than expected! We can definitely run more events for this if the demand for it, and we can keep running the casual setup at the ranbats events we have scheduled for next year. It's a shame the Xbox360 version has been delayed so much otherwise we probably would have had more people enter. MrJustice made a huge effort to come up from Wellington, hope you can find some comp down there man!

SSF4 team tournament went real smooth! Had a few new players enter this also, sorry I didn't get to have a talk to you guys but was obviously pushed for time! Hope you come to some events next year as well :o Nice to see the christchurch guys coming up as well!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

righto , shout outs from the u-man

firstly to my partner lenny for the 2v2 , nice to crack top 3 for once aye bro lol
when i played badly you played great and when you didnt play so good , i played good so we covered each others asses pretty good .

also to all the organisers , rory and len  , well run as always ,  except for telling me beating hook in hf didnt count and im sposed to play alan and then getting beaten by him damitttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!

nice to meet redtie and nick for now , you christchurch boys are sweet dudes , you should have come back to gigga that night to grind it out , me ben smoof weazzy and lenny didnt leave gigga till 3am haha

props to the weazel and fong , for beating us twice , dam you guys !!!! ;D

props to team nuie for the carpark bourbinos and canadian clubs  , no carpark is safe from NUIEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!
neither is any buffett , nice to meet julz and i forget the other blazblue guys name but yeah dinner was mint , as were to those two skanks in the red fishnets who wanted to stroke my longdongasaurus at fortuna , dave has video evidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on the money match win dvs , bad luck smoof .

theres a few other people i met but ive forgot your forum names because your still relativley new but was nice to meet you all .

shot for coming up from hamilton alan .

have to say im pretty happy to beat your dam elfuerte josh , been destroyed so many times at ranbats etc by you .

awesome event , probably missed some people out but im tired and gunna watch the shadowloow showdon stream for ssf4 teams .

see you's on vent

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

goku_kakarot77

weazzyefff and fong bloody awesome fantastic too good, mason did awesome too, but bison and balrog were a bit too much

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: goku_kakarot77 on December 12, 2010, 12:02:23 PM
weazzyefff and fong bloody awesome fantastic too good, mason did awesome too, but bison and balrog were a bit too much

hey man , was good to meet you at christmas damager .
hit us up when you get your te and are on xbox live for some games :)

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

stereomonkey

Sounds like some awesome fun!  So Jealous about the tourney and dinner!

Will there be any match vids posted from the tourney?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Nick4now

Ok where do I start? Man it was awesome to meet you all again and other new faces! I don't know anything about beef within the NZism community but to me you guys are all a bunch of GCs. Thanks Rory, Lenny and Graeme for organizing this, it was definitely worth the trip up and keen to do it again  :)

Also thanks Ben for providing a TV and PS2. I had fun just playing CVS2 and 3s! You gotta point out what I'm doing wrong in 3s because your Dud/Ken makes me so free lol

Sorry guys for not coming to dinner, I was just too broke... Was planning on paying for it with HF prize money but didn't even place haha Damn you Lenny! I'm here until next Monday and ken to catch with you boys and just have some casuals, so sick of online lag.

I'm loving the SF scene here, I've noticed a lot of level ups since Nats. Redtie and I were talking and are just amazed how EVERYONE here knows how to play lol It'll be mean if some of you guys (or all of you guys!) came to the next tourney in chch! Even if we're free I think it would inspire the rest of chch to get better. Xmas Damager and Nats definitely inspired me to do so!

Xmas Damger was rigged! Having Niue vs Niue 1st round of the 2v2 ssf4 and Redtie vs myself in HF, 2nd round? Hmmm...... lol but seriously GGs everyone and congrats to Weazzy, Fong, lenny and ECQB for coming out on top!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

BRo, that Friday night was boss ay haha. Fucking super crunked up. Shoutouts to Nick, Redtie, Flash and Scribble for the horsey moments. 4 hours sleep and woke up drunk haha. You guys shoulda got on it with me last night too, was hella keen.

Damager was mine bahahahahaha. How can one man......carry so much weight? Bahahahaha, nah shot FOng, too easy for us ay lol. Man everyone playing pretty rats on those set ups. I don't even know what happened to my $70 ay, blinked and it was gone. I used other money to pay for dinner too haha.

GGs to Euan, Dave, Sol, SMOOF! and Mason. Man I need to learn that Honda match up ay, you had me until i wake up ultra Sol hahahahah. Mason you keent. Sent me and Fong into losers.

And Smoof bro, you were playing real good agains me.

Fortuna was good, but my stomach was hella saw from drinking those bourbino's. Euan man, you shoulda slipped in a feel of that brunettes fat asss. ANd Dave you funny kung, the waitress was feeling you bra.

GG's late  night at Giga after Fortuna aswell.

I can't wait to see the footage from the day too.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

haha im kinda glad you won dan so you could come to dinner , you looked abit full after that first plate , figured it was the bourbinos , ggs afterwards at gigga too brah

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on December 12, 2010, 03:22:18 PM
haha im kinda glad you won dan so you could come to dinner , you looked abit full after that first plate , figured it was the bourbinos , ggs afterwards at gigga too brah

haha yeah Weazzey, it was good that you won and could join us for dinner.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero