• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wellington BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Mr. Justice, December 19, 2010, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Justice

Hey guys, name's Shaun!

I managed to make it up to Auckland for Chirstmas Damager... (the trip itself was cutting slightly into rent money... but hey, it isn't often one gets to fly up to play video games for a chance at winning cash to pay rent, that's the stuff of disney films, right? And I paid rent in the end, win win!  ;D)

And it turns out that they have an insanely strong BlazBlue community, with quite a turnout for the tournament! So I'm creating this thread to see whether there's a hidden BlazBlue community in Wellington, or whether there's anyone who's interested in checking the game out and or roping friends along to try it out!

I've got a few buddies who are fans of Guilty Gear / BlazBlue, so maybe we can start something down here. Gotta give Auckland some proper competition now, eh?

TL;DR: Wellington - Any BlazBlue / Guilty Gear players keen for matches?
j.C x N

originaljulz

Quote from: Mr. Justice on December 19, 2010, 07:39:16 AM
And I paid rent in the end, win win!  ;D

What'd you have to do for your landlord in order to pay that off. Eh? ;D
Dirty old men these days.

But srsly, good to see you trying to start up a Wellington scene. Next BB tourney, come up and give us a challenge, eh? :D
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Sdj

Quote from: Mr. Justice on December 19, 2010, 07:39:16 AM
Hey guys, name's Shaun!

And it turns out that they have an insanely strong BlazBlue community, with quite a turnout for the tournament! So I'm creating this thread to see whether there's a hidden BlazBlue community in Wellington, or whether there's anyone who's interested in checking the game out and or roping friends along to try it out!

I've got a few buddies who are fans of Guilty Gear / BlazBlue, so maybe we can start something down here. Gotta give Auckland some proper competition now, eh?

TL;DR: Wellington - Any BlazBlue / Guilty Gear players keen for matches?

i know a few people also. names are on these forums. Moose, Chuckk, B BOY DRAW2, Orochi.

also i know what you mean with the scene in auckland compared to here. to put it bluntly people here like being noobs for some reason  :-\ don't why but their attitude towards the 'different'' mechanics of a newer game seems to put them off.

i'm keen for blazeblue when i get back to new zealand after new years.
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

originaljulz

Quote from: Sdj on December 20, 2010, 07:15:37 PM
also i know what you mean with the scene in auckland compared to here.

It might just be because we have more Asians.

I'm Asian myself, (albeit a whiteified one) so that didn't count as racist.

geneterror

KOW 2011

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

originaljulz

Lol I don't need to point out how the two winners of the BB tournament were azn to the core?

Lennysaurus

Stop polluting this guys thread with your guys meaningless drivel.  Thats my job damnit!

I know that the Wellington guys were wanting to make an effort to revitalise the Wellington scene a bit mate, so it might be worth chatting to them.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

ErlKing2

Quote from: originaljulz on December 21, 2010, 04:04:23 PM
Lol I don't need to point out how the two winners of the BB tournament were azn to the core?

hmm..
I dont think being an Asian is the reason that lead me to win.
I have played few hundreds games with my friends since the leaked pc version was  out.
and also I have like 500 hundreds games with Shin on psn since July, 100 matches with Kevin(is he called Kevin? he got third in the tournament and he use noel) in Timezone and psn.

Im pretty sure that the gap between me and the other BB players I met in the tournament is only the numbers of matches.
Or might be the combo choices and stability? well, these all can be trained up during matches.
In fact I was new to fighting games. and I took 1 month to get used to the JCx5 and another 1 month for Jyayoku lol~
I was a light user and I only played around 3hours each weekends at the beginning I touched this game~

originaljulz

Quote from: ErlKing2 on December 21, 2010, 05:28:30 PM
hmm..
I dont think being an Asian is the reason that lead me to win.
I have played few hundreds games with my friends since the leaked pc version was  out.
and also I have like 500 hundreds games with Shin on psn since July, 100 matches with Kevin(is he called Kevin? he got third in the tournament and he use noel) in Timezone and psn.

Im pretty sure that the gap between me and the other BB players I met in the tournament is only the numbers of matches.
Or might be the combo choices and stability? well, these all can be trained up during matches.
In fact I was new to fighting games. and I took 1 month to get used to the JCx5 and another 1 month for Jyayoku lol~
I was a light user and I only played around 3hours each weekends at the beginning I touched this game~

Don't fool yourself, its the azn blood.

+10 to math skill
+10 to fighting game skill
+10 to DoTA skill

Lennysaurus

Please don't start along this line of posting.  Even if you are only joking, the only outcome from this stuff is bad.

Furthermore, take this stuff to the general BB thread in FGD, so that this dude can get worthwhile feedback for what he originally asked about.  Will flex my modding powers in this thread about anything that isn't to do with playing Blazblue in Wellington.

The Wellington guys started talking about revitalizing the scene there a little in the following thread:
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1625.0.html

They talked about not being lazy etc etc, and kick starting the FG scene in Wellington.  Don't know how much further they got, but it would be a good place for you to start.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Sdj

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 21, 2010, 06:01:44 PM
Please don't start along this line of posting.  Even if you are only joking, the only outcome from this stuff is bad.

Furthermore, take this stuff to the general BB thread in FGD, so that this dude can get worthwhile feedback for what he originally asked about.  Will flex my modding powers in this thread about anything that isn't to do with playing Blazblue in Wellington.

The Wellington guys started talking about revitalizing the scene there a little in the following thread:
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1625.0.html

They talked about not being lazy etc etc, and kick starting the FG scene in Wellington.  Don't know how much further they got, but it would be a good place for you to start.

lol that thread is so dead. the thing about wellington is.. that everyone goes clubbing on the weekends, no timezone (and if it was it costs a ripoff and maintenance sucks plus they don't have the games anyway!)

we all live in different directions so basically, we have no convenience of a meeting up place whICH we can goto whenever we are in town or bored. a.k.a 24/7 gaming area.

seeing how all the guys that play FG's are 20+ yrs old. clubbing on fridays and saturdays then chill with Nuthing Much (L&P!) on Sundays and 5-6wqeekdays of work 6am-6pm. you can pretty much see we gotz the reason to be a laze about "moving outta our way" to goto someone house then arrange transport and food plus time management.

anyone out there from wellingtion thats see this will be like "yeah..." of course same can be said about auckland and christchurch, but they still got gamers there? which puts it down to "we are just fucken lazy"

p.s Not Enough azn POWER!
i'm cambodia yeah boi
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Mr. Justice

I think Sdj hit the nail on the head with the lack of a consolidated meeting place, our arcade is pretty lackluster (in my opinion). Thanks for that forum link Ngati, I'll see whether anyone has a suitable venue for a meet'n'greet.

As for Julz... oh u  ::)

j.C x N

Chuckk

Moose and I have no problem with games with different mechanics, I wouldn't mind playing BB but Sdj you told me yourself it's kindof shit. I personally don't want to pay $70 for a game I'll only training mode and very rarely play against anyone else in, and moose doesn't even have a console currently. As for a venue, I can only think of oldboy or iplay though the latter I don't think has anywhere for console setups or would be very accomodating. I don't know anyone at oldboy or know how it works, but it could be a possibility.

And yeah, timezone was pretty lackluster but it was a place, even if it was only a place for Tekken, and 3s, and even then the 3s buttons/stick weren't good but those of us who played it kept playing regardless because there was competition.

I'm sure we can sus something out though, it will just have to be in the new year.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Mr. Justice

Excellent, after new year sounds like a good time for everyone, I'll be busy up in Hawke's Bay for a few weeks, so will be quiet for a bit. Cheers for all the responses though! Oldboy is noted, and I have an old PS2 I don't use, if anyone happens to have a copy of Melty Blood or Accent Core I'd be keen to donate it to them, if it'd mean a fortnightly game or so...  :P
j.C x N