• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wellington BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Mr. Justice, December 19, 2010, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sdj

Quote from: Chuckk on December 23, 2010, 05:24:51 PM
Moose and I have no problem with games with different mechanics, I wouldn't mind playing BB but Sdj you told me yourself it's kindof shit. I personally don't want to pay $70 for a game I'll only training mode and very rarely play against anyone else in, and moose doesn't even have a console currently. As for a venue, I can only think of oldboy or iplay though the latter I don't think has anywhere for console setups or would be very accomodating. I don't know anyone at oldboy or know how it works, but it could be a possibility.

And yeah, timezone was pretty lackluster but it was a place, even if it was only a place for Tekken, and 3s, and even then the 3s buttons/stick weren't good but those of us who played it kept playing regardless because there was competition.

I'm sure we can sus something out though, it will just have to be in the new year.

i called it shit cuz i'm a mvc2 type of person lol. so faster the better and blazeblue took concepts of meltyblood and guilty gear plus a few other fg's and in theory should BE a faster pace, but it ain't. Comment and opinion made of it was just from disappointment soz.

Blazeblue playstyle is more like KoF where you have to jump in if you wanna get anywhere.

yeah i hated the 3s machine too lol, but it's still a 3s machine in the end, glad i was into tekken way more though lol.

the old original owners of oldboy have made a new icafe called SkyNet. so that might be a place to hit up. current owners of old boy are stiff neck china men xP!!!!

as for practice mode. lol seems i'm the only person in the world that uses training mode 100% of the time cept when there are challenges. i do this for every FG too lol.
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Chuckk

Quote from: Sdj on December 24, 2010, 06:23:39 PM
i called it shit cuz i'm a mvc2 type of person lol. so faster the better and blazeblue took concepts of meltyblood and guilty gear plus a few other fg's and in theory should BE a faster pace, but it ain't. Comment and opinion made of it was just from disappointment soz.

Blazeblue playstyle is more like KoF where you have to jump in if you wanna get anywhere.

yeah i hated the 3s machine too lol, but it's still a 3s machine in the end, glad i was into tekken way more though lol.

the old original owners of oldboy have made a new icafe called SkyNet. so that might be a place to hit up. current owners of old boy are stiff neck china men xP!!!!

as for practice mode. lol seems i'm the only person in the world that uses training mode 100% of the time cept when there are challenges. i do this for every FG too lol.

Yeah thats cool. I bought BB today for like $26 so I'm hitting up training mode etc atm. Can't really do anything yet so I'm horrible, but it seems kind of fun.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Sdj

haha good stuff. ill be sure to get around and game on with ya when i get back. Fang/orochi knows the game okayish. hopefully he's keep his word on getting more into when Blazeblue: cs is out. which it is xP

btw i reckon the voices in BB:cs are annoying. first time ever in a FG ever since Jap voices in dbz!
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Chuckk

yep the voices are driving me mental, I hate it.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

originaljulz

The announcer for CSII is even worse. It's SO bad.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Sdj

Quote from: originaljulz on December 27, 2010, 05:47:53 PM
The announcer for CSII is even worse. It's SO bad.

WTF to that dude? especially hate the amount of voice used on Rachel. those lil minions don't stfu!

best in-game announcer iMHO goes to the capcom vs SNK chaos!

WWWWINNER!!!  :o
YYYYOU CCCONTIINUEEE????  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-nlAQGV9w&feature=player_detailpage#t=22s
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

originaljulz

Quote from: Sdj on December 28, 2010, 01:58:45 PM
WTF to that dude? especially hate the amount of voice used on Rachel. those lil minions don't stfu!

best in-game announcer iMHO goes to the capcom vs SNK chaos!

WWWWINNER!!!  :o
YYYYOU CCCONTIINUEEE????  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-nlAQGV9w&feature=player_detailpage#t=22s

Nothing gets me more pumped up that GGXX reload though.

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE! LETS ROCK!
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

I kinda don't like the constant banter. Gets annoying.  I actually turn the sound effects and music off when I play BB.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

LN

I only hate Bang really. Makes so much annoying noise. Hate it when he beats you, hate it when you're beating him.

Otherwise I actually quite like the banter, but I zone it out when I'm actually playing.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Sdj

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 28, 2010, 05:50:14 PM
I kinda don't like the constant banter. Gets annoying.  I actually turn the sound effects and music off when I play BB.

exactly our point on the matter.

BB's imo is hands down the most irritating outta of the 2D fighting games. most of them aren't that bad and are bearable you know?

Quote from: LN on December 28, 2010, 07:05:29 PM
I only hate Bang really. Makes so much annoying noise. Hate it when he beats you, hate it when you're beating him.

Otherwise I actually quite like the banter, but I zone it out when I'm actually playing.
Bang's funny to me cuz his a walking, talking Shonen Jump cliche main character

Quote from: originaljulz on December 28, 2010, 05:28:15 PM

Nothing gets me more pumped up that GGXX reload though.

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE! LETS ROCK!

GGXX round starts are pretty mean. a top one in my books.
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Lennysaurus

I don't really like the GG start to be honest.  It's just pointless.  Like heaven or hell?  WTF?

Sdj

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 28, 2010, 07:22:46 PM
I don't really like the GG start to be honest.  It's just pointless.  Like heaven or hell?  WTF?

games are pointless too. so why not skip all the unnecessary graphics
and turn off your t.v?
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Sdj on December 28, 2010, 07:36:53 PM
games are pointless too. so why not skip all the unnecessary graphics
and turn off your t.v?

Depends on the game.  Sometimes I do.

Just realized that this is the Wellington BB thread, so I'll stop polluting it.  Sorry guys.

Sdj

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 28, 2010, 07:41:00 PM
Depends on the game.  Sometimes I do.

Just realized that this is the Wellington BB thread, so I'll stop polluting it.  Sorry guys.

lolz. your the moderator. you can do whatever you want anyway haha.
a lil blah blah on the side is good too so long as it's related to the topic in some manner.
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The prospect of a Blazblue scene in Wellington excites me greatly.  I would be very interested in hearing more about the possible success of Blazblue in Wellington, and would love to contribute to this in any way possible.

Also, I suspect that Lenny is the smartest, and most handsome guy I have ever had the pleasure to meet.  I think I might be gay for him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.