• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Wellington BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Mr. Justice, December 19, 2010, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckk

haha bill don't get too excited yet.

hey sdj, if i've already visited dustloop and found the info on Valk quite lacking, know of anywhere else good to look or any jap players you reccomend youtubing? he's the only character I really want to play atm but i've only really sat down to play it twice so far and just gone through the tutorials and finishing up his challenges now. Still really bad but maybe after new year i'll look more in depth.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Sdj

Quote from: Chuckk on December 29, 2010, 08:25:09 PM
haha bill don't get too excited yet.

hey sdj, if i've already visited dustloop and found the info on Valk quite lacking, know of anywhere else good to look or any jap players you reccomend youtubing? he's the only character I really want to play atm but i've only really sat down to play it twice so far and just gone through the tutorials and finishing up his challenges now. Still really bad but maybe after new year i'll look more in depth.

yah i only youtube stuff. i havn't gone into bb:cs just yet but will cuz i got the game now for xbox. just need to get back to the country ;)

youtube accounts for jap players are...
GameChariot
GameACHO
geesendou

these do a lot of different Jap FG's. you can seep in deeper like myself and find game specific channels, but i only have Meltyblood, tekken, mvc2 and dissidia ones i know of.

btw the way i learn a game is that i just watch vids (as above) and search for the most ownage player around then watch his battles and sooner or later you'll find him face the or A character you like then it's most likely that, that guy will also be high level player.

also helps you discover the type of 'style' suited for each character, set ups, combo's, character vS strats.. etc

youtube + training mode

as for players i've only watched a few vids, but not any of Valk.
Rachel (Matsu), Ragna (Kaqn), R-1 (Noel), Jin (Dennou)
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

madaxe munkee

Dustloop was lacking? I dunno, really all you need is a good combo list, and then to clock up some hours on practice mode + challenge mode + playing other people. We should play online some time, us guys.

Reading is alot of help, but I guess I learn more from doing. Oh and watch lots of those online matches on youtube, to see how other people use Valk + vs against him. Yeah. Not only is it enjoyable, it's educational lol.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Sdj

Quote from: madaxe munkee on December 31, 2010, 07:59:33 PM
Dustloop was lacking? I dunno, really all you need is a good combo list, and then to clock up some hours on practice mode + challenge mode + playing other people. We should play online some time, us guys.

Reading is alot of help, but I guess I learn more from doing. Oh and watch lots of those online matches on youtube, to see how other people use Valk + vs against him. Yeah. Not only is it enjoyable, it's educational lol.

see.... you whimps this guy knows you don't need an opposite JUST to learn the game and how to adjust your playstyle.

love ta give you a game on console. (i ain't got access to xbox live LOL )
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

madaxe munkee

Oh and I'm not actually from Wellington. I'm from Auckland, but just thought I'd drop by. I play Noel, which you may have guessed lol.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Chuckk

I was just looking for combos really, yeah.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Sdj

Quote from: Chuckk on January 02, 2011, 12:26:15 AM

lol soz, but that's how i get combo's. i don't list or write down notations and im guessing that's what you were looking for. Nor do i know where to hit them up. you could try Shoryuken?? for some.

@madaxe munkee: i didn't know that lil chibi was noel till now lmao!. kewl avatar man. i used Rachael when i was playing it. she ain't got instant jump after standing B no more, but i don't care haha kinda like how i don't care about using Makoto in SFT4
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

geneterror

Quote from: Chuckk on January 02, 2011, 12:26:15 AM
I found all the Bang and Tsubaki combos I needed on Dustloop, copied and pasted them into a text doc. I have them printed out and sitting next to my controller ;D
Valk is one of the only chars to not have a combo thread on dustloop :-\. It's because Valk is so new I guess, some people have only just been able to purchase him...like someone said vids are gonna be your main source at the moment but I feel your pain, it can be hard when you don't much about a character to learn from vids.

Here is your main BnB's though and notations to show you the inputs.

Most of the good Valk combos start with and or modify any of the combos in those vids.

Then just go to this thread and watch heaps of vids to see whats practical and whats not. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10055-CS-Valkenhayn-Video-Posting
KOW 2011

LN

There's this too
http://bb.mizuumi.net/wiki/Valkenhayn

although all of this should really be in strat not wellington forum...
There is no knowledge that is not power

Sdj

Quote from: LN on January 04, 2011, 01:58:12 PM
There's this too
http://bb.mizuumi.net/wiki/Valkenhayn

although all of this should really be in strat not wellington forum...

wellington people+Blazblue...

whats wrong with that?
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

originaljulz

Yeah we're just...

Helping their scene grow? Lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

madaxe munkee

Lol such helpful Aucklanders. I know that for me, what I did for combos is learn the good ones from challenge mode, and then once I get the gist of them, you use the ideas to make new better combos or maybe combos that will get you into your bnb from a different starter and so forth, because those are all important.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Sdj

Quote from: madaxe munkee on January 09, 2011, 01:49:20 AM
Lol such helpful Aucklanders. I know that for me, what I did for combos is learn the good ones from challenge mode, and then once I get the gist of them, you use the ideas to make new better combos or maybe combos that will get you into your bnb from a different starter and so forth, because those are all important.

:) agreed.
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

originaljulz

Mr Fantastic, you gotta get on your shit and add me already lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!