• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Fighting games are getting worse

Started by Lennysaurus, May 04, 2011, 07:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

Cap(NUBZ)com. Dudley does punch ultra at the same time as hakan is already oilsliding well beneath dudleys flower picking mitts.. hakan slide is well below dudleys ultra punch startup yet hakan suffers dud's ultra. This needs balancing. Same too with ultra vs ultra ie guile ultra 2.. should shorten the time frame by 75% where an opponent can counter with there ultra. Might as well roll out the red carpet to this no skill needed ultra counter.
-work to live not live to work-><>

HoneyBadger

I will comment that it seems as if some players don't quite understand why some of these things are bad... The majority of us aren't playing on top level. When dudes get angry at things like mash dp it's not always because of the mechanic, it's because we want the scene to get better and we want to level up. You got dp mashed through your string or combo? Obviously it wasn't good enough, go back to training mode. What are you learning from mashing ultra at 10%? You're already living on borrowed time and you've just gone all in. People get angry because you get such a high reward for little effort, it teaches you when in doubt, mash it out rather than learning to deal with pressure which is a mindset that is really important in every fighting game.

As for being able to punish mistakes making a game scrub friendly, who is going to fuck up more; you or Daigo? Who is going to win, the guy who picks a pattern associated with being a scrub, or the dude who can adapt to a situation and play it to his advantage? Niggas gotta learn, at top level a lot of players just don't make mistakes, the mistakes are forced out of them. A lot of the problem with the AE pressure is that it's stupid safe and dumb. SF4 had offense, the problem was people felt you got rewarded a whole lot more for being defensive and offense wasn't rewarded enough. If I want to get in when I'm playing AE OHOHOHOHO EX CHICKEN WINGGGGGGG then I smash you with my awesome normals and my 1 combo that takes you to the corner or YEEEEEEEAAAAH ROUNDHOUSE DIVEKICK LATERS CUNT awesome normal you or get my 1 combo to take you to the corner.

I think you should all read Dave's post if you haven't. LEVEL UP SCRUBS
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Quote from: [NIUE] Optimus DAVE on May 05, 2011, 03:21:26 AM
niggaz hav always been complaining like bitchez.....just now they have a way to tell the whole world as opposed to their own little community

Dave wins

nztauranga

5cents *flick* cheers for the window wipe wiper boy.
-work to live not live to work-><>

gl3nnium

This is a hard one. Some games get better then worse then better again.
I dont know why but i cant get into SFIV, It's irritating to me cause it doesnt feel like it flows. Some SF games just have crap controls where 8 times out of ten ryu does a shuriuken when all you wanted was a super combo.

SF 2 turbo --classic but unforgiving
SF Alpha 1 2 & 3 ..awesome..they got it right
MVC 1 2 & 3 ... they got it right (also Sf v xm)
SF 3 TS ...perfect
SF 4 ---irritating but looks pretty (so frustrating that i just switched to Soul Calibur 4 for a long time)
SSF4 --improvement.

But dont listen to me...Ive just started playing MK 1,2 and 3 again and im enjoying it more now than ever.
old school rules.

CrazyMobius

I think your rundown seems pretty accurate. Goes without saying that different people feel games differently.

The thing about the new generation of games that is jarring is the visual confirmation of when a move hits. In 2d animated games the hit animation was a certain pose or series of poses, whereas in 3d animated games the active hit frames are in an actual fluid animation. So rather than a purely visual cue the brain has to first learn which part of the move hits and for how long. It's not as intuitive.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey quick question!?!?!

what do you's think is NZ's biggest fighting game right now?

I'm guessing it's between SF4 and Tekken6.

Sorry i didn't read any of these posts, just impulse posted.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

gl3nnium

Thats a really good question and I dont think theres a simple answer. I'm all over the place so im not a good example. I get a kick out of discovering fighters that nobody else plays. All the people who are into KOF like me seem to be in Japan.

In NZ the biggest just seems to be the newest. when the hype fades its the true fans that remain. So to put it that way, anything streetfighter seems to have the largest number of true fans. Maybe Teken and dead or alive next because the xbl and psn networks are always full and active. virtua fighter is big in japan. Soul Calibur series isnt big but should be in my opinion.

CrazyMobius

Does Xbox live have Tekken? For some reason I got it in my head it's Sony only. And Xbox has DOA series right?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gl3nnium

Yeah Teken made it to XBOX. When I had a PSP teken 5 (i think it was 5) was the best looking game on a hand held ever...I used to carry teken 5 and street fighter Alpha 3 with me everywhere i went in the world.....I got stranded in London Heathrow for a whole day once and I played Teken 5 the whole time.
If you ask me..over time the teken games have gotten consistanly better, King of Fighters didnt (i still play 2000 most days) Dead or alive was always great, same with soul calibur.

silver_spoon

Quote from: HoneyBadger on May 05, 2011, 09:56:15 AM
A lot of the problem with the AE pressure is that it's stupid safe and dumb. SF4 had offense, the problem was people felt you got rewarded a whole lot more for being defensive and offense wasn't rewarded enough.

^ This.

Ohh it just reminds me the horror of S tier Eddy/Ky Kiske in Guilty Gear (Reload?). Once they throw an attack and you blocked it, you are basically stuck in the defensive for a very very long time. Get hit, and the same nonpunishable pressure is going to be repeated over and over again. Thank god for Accent Core.

SF4 actually reminds me of old time SF titles.

I am terrible.