• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Im going in on Monday to test this. To me I find his other stuff could make up for that tortilla. 3 frame jab, linking cr.lp and this supposedly easier RSF.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

http://shoryuken.com/f257/el-fuerte-ssf4-ae-updates-videos-discussion-thread-260282/

Read the first post Josh. Sounds like TKD needs to harden the fuck up.

And watch the vids Spab posted. Fuerte looks hell fast now.

Honestly the tortilla nerf means absolute fuck all. The hype about it is totally undeserved.

Only MAJOR difference is the triumphant return of U1. And the guac recovery to a lesser extent.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

guess it means you can be jabbed out of it as he comes out of the run animation into the tortilla
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on December 25, 2010, 11:40:48 PM
guess it means you can be jabbed out of it as he comes out of the run animation into the tortilla

That would make a lot of sense, but he would have to be doing it at point blank range vs a character that wasn't knocked down. I guess that could be a problem, but even so, its really not that bad. Plus, in that scenario, he's been vulnerable to SRK's etc since vanilla. He would've evaded jabs though. Id rather eat a jab punish than an SRK at any rate. But id rather land the tortilla than eat the jab. Its a nerf, but i dont think it should concern anyone that much. Especially with all the range and speed increases it looks like he got.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

But couldn't you just switch the tortilla for a slide for a mix up game?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on December 25, 2010, 08:53:04 PM
NJ, Poke and FA all lose to c.lk xxscissors ~ c.lk xxscissors if your execution is on point (char specific stuff may apply)
All the stuff i said was situational. If i throw out two sk in a row and i throw out another one other than HK people will nj out and punish. Poke can jab me outta sk. Sagat Mk, Chun sweep, Ryu Mp , Boxer jab, Bison mk AND hk etc etc.  FA the tip of sk, might not get krumple but dmg is dmg.

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on December 25, 2010, 08:53:04 PM
If you mix it up with c.lk xx scissors ~ scissors or c.lk xx scissors ~ s.hk then you will start getting beaten by stuff like NJ poke and fa. BD in the corner gets you know where and dps are risky or require you to burn meter.
Your wayyyy wrong on this part. When i throw out s HK,  i will never get beaten by nj, that's the nj killer. The reason i throw that out is if i think they gone nj. Low pokes such as Ryu c mk and peoples sweeps/c mk's will beat this out.

Also BD in the corner always gonna get you nowhere. You in the corner, somewhere in match you fucked up and now your in corner. Being in corner is pain against all chars.

DP's are pretty risky. Usually gets people outta my pressure if you use it sparingly as i will never be looking for it unless someone's abusing it like Hue does. Sometimes good idea depending on situation. Quite hard to explain all this stuff really. I need to make a video or something.

Come to think about it. Your first post is right. It is pretty brain dead. He's not the hardest char to pick up. But he aint scrub friendly Boxer either.

Anyway, Boxer's HB nerf is pretty good. He could get outta Bisons ambiguous mk crossup for free. Had to start using obvious as hk crossups. And sometimes that would get hit out by HB. I don't think even os slide could catch his HB rec too quick.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Go to Timezone, talk to management, play yang 1 game play yun 1 game, earthquake, timezone shut down by cops. Total: 10 mins of AE. Loltimes
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

massi4h

Today was awesome at TZ, except for the fact that we couldn't really play eachother cause 1 side didn't have a working hk and we waited like 2 hours to only get sanwas in the second one :(

But Yun and Yang are awesome. Managed to carry out a full Genei Jin, though a shit one with lots of jabs lol. lp, lk, mp xx ex lunge, U1 is real easy once you get the timing down. Damage isn't super good though. And I got one game of Yang near the end and he had some fun stuff. HP rekka is at least -3 on block cause I got punished by CPU Ryu's EX shoryuken, but that was right in front of him. EX rekkas is not a true block string, Dudley did an ultra before my last hit on block. Rekka x2 fadc gives massive frame advantage. I was able to go into st.mk and then jump cancel whiff dive U2. Akuma and Sakura feel pretty much the same though only got a small go with them. Gonna play lots of Yun for a while and I'm sure most will be. YUN MIRRORS FOR DAYS.

Skullator

Weazzy don't worry about me talking shit on Bison man, I agree what would I know lol.

But really all our talks don't mean shit, the char has been changed and I'd love to see you keep rocking him.
Apologies for being a dick, not cool.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Chuckk on December 25, 2010, 01:06:46 AM
If you get a chance to jump in with MK try cancel it in the air into mk dive kick like in 3s. Also how shit is his kick chain? Can anything be done after target combo palm in corner or anything? Can he palm into slashes in corner? Can he aa cl.mk into more than one slash in the corner? (seen j wong do one slash curious if more can be done), either slash1 slash2 or slash1 wait slash1 or slash1 s fierce or any ex, more likely knowing how sf4 works.

Also in general does he appear to stun the opponent quickly?

j.mk -> divekicks confirmed

Kick chain being shit confirmed. (Cant cancel it. Does low damage. He has a myriad of better options.)

TC palm in corner you can possibly get Seiei Enbu or juggle an EX slash. Will look into this today/tomorrow.

Palm/aa cl.mk in corner only looks like it can be juggled with one EX slash. POSSIBLY with an Ultra but i wouldn't get my hopes up. Also something im gonna test further.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Skullator on December 27, 2010, 09:33:55 AM
Weazzy don't worry about me talking shit on Bison man, I agree what would I know lol.

But really all our talks don't mean shit, the char has been changed and I'd love to see you keep rocking him.
Apologies for being a dick, not cool.

Yer true. It's allgood bro. Healthy argument i say.

It just sucks when stuff get's taken out of a game that you love. If i played Guile i would be pretty fucking happy, but i don't so yeah lol.

I can't think of a char to change to. If only Rufus was that cool black guy in the concept art. Ken's looking pretty mint.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Oh yeah also you can juggle off ex slash in the corner if that hasn't been said. DP gets 1 hit, but I managed to do it with a few normals. So you can probably do some nice mixups with a normal reset to teleport. I assume U2 would juggle off it since when it's in front it starts up so fast.

DVS

Quote from: CptMunta on December 26, 2010, 01:25:40 PM
Go to Timezone, talk to management, play yang 1 game play yun 1 game, earthquake, timezone shut down by cops. Total: 10 mins of AE. Loltimes

almost like hitting a TILT while playing pinball huh.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yangs DP has FUCK ALL invincibility if any. I did an AA DP to guile today and ate an airthrow.

Im aware that airthrows beat things in some situations, but im pretty familiar with how they work, and this was weird. My DP was on reaction to guiles jump. If you reaction DP it with ryu/any other character with a dp, the dp wins.

Quote from: massi4h on December 27, 2010, 12:21:47 PM
Oh yeah also you can juggle off ex slash in the corner if that hasn't been said. DP gets 1 hit, but I managed to do it with a few normals. So you can probably do some nice mixups with a normal reset to teleport. I assume U2 would juggle off it since when it's in front it starts up so fast.

Im gonna have to play with this. I wonder if he can get a launcher cl.mk off of it somehow.

Still having trouble trying to find a use for his TC's.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Chuckk

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."