• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckk

Quote from: Nick4now on December 30, 2010, 11:24:43 PM
Yes Weazzy, TC = Tiger Cunt lol

But seriously, TC = Target Combo. Yun and Yang have st.mp, st.hp, b.hp as a TC. I don't know any others though for Yang.

Yang has s lk, mk, hk
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Nick4now

Went out to TZ today and had a few more jams Yun and managed to score myself a pretty good win streak AND also was able to finally land my first "full bar" Genei-Jin  ;D

- cr.lk, cr.lp, st.lp st.mp hk upkicks doesn't fully connect against every character standing due to them reeling back too far. Also whiffs against some crouching characters (Blanka is the only one I've discovered so far).

- Don't know if it's already been said already but you can dash punch after EX Upkicks. You could probably do other attacks such as Upkicks in the corner, shoulder, st.mk HJC Dive kick in the corner for mixups etc... Will try next time.

- Managed to get U1 after EX dash punch 100% of the time. Realised the timing is instant lol You can also do a dash punch after U1 too. I tried to do a shoulder but kept whiffing. My timing could be off though lol

- Any dash punch works after st.lp, st.lk, st.mp. My Bad  :P

- His CVS2 combo works too (cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.lp, lp dash punch). You can go for cr.lk, 3x cr.lp, lp dash punch if you like but obviously you gotta be extremely close to pull if off.

- Chun is his rival but I didn't get a cutscene though. Was Vanilla like this too?

Genei Jin
Easiest way to combo into this is canceling a lp shoulder into Genei-Jin. I like to use either:
- TC into lp shoulder or
- cr.lk, cr.lp, st.lp, st.mp lp shouder.

His best launcher imo is st.hk (unlike 3s which was st.mp, f.hp). I can't exactly remember my full GJ combo but it was something like:

st.lp, st.lk, st.mp, lp shoulder xx GJ:
st.hk, f.mk, f.hp, f.mk, f.mk, f.hp, lp dash punch, f.mk, f.hp, hp dash punch, st.mk HJC dive kick mixup.

If you're trying to push your opponent to the corner with shoulders use mp shoulder; hp shoulder makes them crossup.

Next time I'll see if you can kara palm and of course figure out more GJ shit. Also use shitloads of palms to build meter; You'll get super in no time hahaha

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

Oh yeah I was testing out kara palm the other day. I don't know what he used in 3s, but I did it with mk and it seemed to give quite a bit more range. Only problem is is that you can't have any forward input or else you'll get a command throw so you have to go straight from down, down/back, back + mk~hp. Is it meant to be used in a GJ combo or something? Or is it just a cool move lol?

I never managed to get a dash after comboed ex upkicks though it could be my timing. Also you can juggle almost anything after raw U1, EX dash seems to do quite decent damage, but it doesn't allow juggles off a juggled U1 (ie lp, lk, mp xx ex dash, U1) unless maybe something like EX palm or one of the kicks of EX up kicks has an extra juggle potential.

Nick4now

You kara with st.mp iirc. I couldn't pull it off consistantly in 3s so I stopped trying since I don't really play it anyways lol But when I think about it his st.mp doesn't seem to move forward as much as his 3s counterpart. Will have to check that out too next time lol But yeah it's basically for GJ combos.

As for getting a dash punch after EX Upkicks I think you can only land either lp or mp dash punch. lp is pretty short ranged so only works near the corner but easier to time but mp works anywhere and gives more damage but timing is strict.

I swear I landed a dash punch after a st.lp, st.lk, st.mp EX dash punch U1 though. But I'm most probably remembering wrong hahaha

HoneyBadger

Dash punch after U1 is possible lol
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Yeah smoof we already said that. Dash punch doesn't juggle after a juggled U1 though. Kinda like you can do less juggles with Mak after juggled U2 or something.

I remember one of the first things I tried with Yun was which was his best kara throw, which seemed to be mk for me. But what was the motion for kara palm in 3s? Was it d, db, n+mp~b+hp or was it karaing the mp palm into hp palm ie d, db, b+mp~hp? Second motion would kara into EX palm in ssf4 (dunno about 3s).

HoneyBadger

Kara the strong into the palmmmm
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Nick4now

Kara palm is something like: mp, qcb lk~mp. I remember reading somewhere a while back that there's numerous techniques though.

Nick4now

Mason is right about Dash punch after U1. You can do it after a raw U1 but if it's from a juggled U1 (st.lp, st.lk, st.mp EX Dash Punch) however it will whiff completely. But in the corner you can get 1 hit of the EX Up kicks. Not worth the meter imo unless it guarantees you the round/match.

I think the best GJ starter from a crumple is a hp palm xx GJ then into your GJ combo. Also, after a hp palm in the corner you can juggle with basically anything. Upkicks and st.mk into DK reset works. You can also follow up with two EX Upkicks and it'll hit clean.

I don't know if I'm doing it right but when I land a command throw and go into a combo it doesn't count the command throw as a hit? Either that or the cpu is letting me hit him  :D

massi4h

Pretty sure none of the combo command throws count as hits. The only way I've found to check it is to crumple them first and then count the hits to see if you get the extra.

Chuckk

Quote from: massi4h on December 31, 2010, 10:53:52 PM
Oh yeah I was testing out kara palm the other day. I don't know what he used in 3s, but I did it with mk and it seemed to give quite a bit more range. Only problem is is that you can't have any forward input or else you'll get a command throw so you have to go straight from down, down/back, back + mk~hp. Is it meant to be used in a GJ combo or something? Or is it just a cool move lol?

I never managed to get a dash after comboed ex upkicks though it could be my timing. Also you can juggle almost anything after raw U1, EX dash seems to do quite decent damage, but it doesn't allow juggles off a juggled U1 (ie lp, lk, mp xx ex dash, U1) unless maybe something like EX palm or one of the kicks of EX up kicks has an extra juggle potential.

Kara palm is basically the optimal damage in Genei Jin. GJ in 3s just like other combos scales by hits done, and palm does a huge amount of damage with 1 hit. The more palms you get in one combo the better, thats why it's a lot better to do a 2 palm bnb GJ then to use s. fierce in its place.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

jpb123

"I'll annouce about Nintendo 3DS, SSFIV DLC new future, and SF x TK in 2011!! Could be wait it's news for the near future. ;D"

http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/22509582404296704#

woot?

jpb123

If your into the story then

Its in Japanese. So just enjoy the animation.

Also <3 the voice actor eekkk! >_<

Lennysaurus

Who's changing thier main here after playing AE?

I have had a muck around with the 3 characters that I enjoy playing (Sim, Guy, Ibuki) and I have come to the following conclusions:

Sim feels bad to me.  Damage nerf is felt, and changes to the priority on his normals hurts too.  Also the 2 new characters being terrible matchups for him make him alot less viable across the board.  I think with his changes he will be up against even more bad matchups.  Ken is a good example of this I think.  Definitely think that I'll be dropping him in AE.  Feels lilke waaaaaaaaay to much work now.

Guy feels nice.  His damage is still massive, although you end up doing alot of work for it, when you get it it hurts, and I noticed this particularly against the twins, but just moreso across the board.  Changes to jab shoulder, cr.strong and cr.short are niiiiiice.  His pressure is alot better now, and I find myself stringing together long pressure strings alot easier.  Target combo change is definitely the biggest most positive change I have noticed with him.  Very easy to tring together damage, and loads of sick pressure with that change.

At the moment, I am heavily leaning towards Ibuki.  I think her changes to her walk speed and her st.forward are huuuuuuuuuuuuge.  Coupled with the fact that she can string a shit ton of damage together from a bunch of knockdowns and whatnot.  I'm liking her alot in this version.

Any of you guys have any thoughts on it?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Nick4now

After AE I'm definitely dropping everyone and just gonna main Yun. From the little experience I've had the only bad thing about him so far is low health/stun; And somewhat troublesome times to get in against chars like Guile and Sagat. But if too many NZ players decide to drop their mains for Yun too then I'll probably reconsider lol