• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

US$14.99 so I'm guessing at least $30-$35 NZ, wonder how mcuh the boxed version will be in NZ. Now that I have both platforms that's $70 if I want access to 4 new chars on both consoles. If the balance patch is seperate I'll just download that as I have no interest in actually playing any of those characters. If it's not seperate I'll probably just get it for PS3 as all the existing DLC I have paid for is on my PS3.

It kinda sux if this is the last update, if the amount of people complaining about Yun/Yang aren't just complaining for no reason then we get left with the last version of this game having four overpowered characters. I can't comment as I haven't bother to play A.E yet.
KOW 2011

Rorooze

Exchange rate for NZD -> US is quite good at the moment so probably more like $20 or $25. $5-6 dollars a character doesn't seem too bad.

massi4h

2 overpowered characters :D ER and Oni aren't that good. But yeah definitely better to have the same as arcade so both fields are the same.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on April 13, 2011, 11:31:16 AM
US$14.99 so I'm guessing at least $30-$35 NZ, wonder how mcuh the boxed version will be in NZ. Now that I have both platforms that's $70 if I want access to 4 new chars on both consoles. If the balance patch is seperate I'll just download that as I have no interest in actually playing any of those characters. If it's not seperate I'll probably just get it for PS3 as all the existing DLC I have paid for is on my PS3.

It kinda sux if this is the last update, if the amount of people complaining about Yun/Yang aren't just complaining for no reason then we get left with the last version of this game having four overpowered characters. I can't comment as I haven't bother to play A.E yet.

Balance patch won't be separated from Yun and or Yang.

K123_iy

sounds like super will get overwritten by a.e patch, would still like to have super version though, so may wait till disk release for a.e

CptMunta

PC version in July woot!  ;D Gonna get it for pc, wouldn't mind the disc version for collection purposes. If it was the whole game not just dlc I could sell super.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

massi4h

Guess I'll wait for steam sales or if lots of people get it on pc.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 13, 2011, 12:59:17 PM
Balance patch won't be separated from Yun and or Yang.

"Versus battle against regular SSFIV players also supported" - in my mind, this means the balance patch will definitely be separated from the actual AE DLC (Yun and or Yang)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Nah that just means you can play people who don't want to pay for the patch.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 13, 2011, 04:31:06 PM
Nah that just means you can play people who don't want to pay for the patch.

So people who don't get the patch have to use the old versions of the character ? This makes very little sense IMO - what's the point of releasing a balance patch if they're still allowing imbalance ?

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on April 13, 2011, 04:32:38 PM
So people who don't get the patch have to use the old versions of the character ? This makes very little sense IMO - what's the point of releasing a balance patch if they're still allowing imbalance ?

$$$

massi4h

Yeah there's a few ways to interpret that quote, but none of them make any sense.

CrazyMobius

Well that's how I knew you would end up paying for the patch. If you didn't pay for it then it would be a mandatory software upgrade you would have to do when you next logged in.

It makes sense for AE to be with Yun and Yang Oni and E.Ryu and with the character changes because this is what it is. There is only one version of AE.

In order to play this one version you have to pay for it. They can't force everyone to pay so that would mean there is two versions that players will be playing. Capcom could either decided to separate these two player groups or let them play each other. It makes more sense to me that Capcom would let them play against each other and so that brings us to the quote:

"Versus battle against regular SSFIV players also supported"

Can't see how people can be confused over that.

electric

"Regular SSFIV players" doesn't mean regular SSFIV characters - balance patch without the extra characters will still make sense in this instance - if you don't pay for the patch, you get mandatory changes to your character, similar to the patch that nerfed Sentinel released the other week for MvC3 - if you do buy the update, you get the new characters and the replay channel enhancements.

Again, this is all speculation, but this makes more sense IMO because the balance is preserved, regardless of whether you have the new version or the not so new version.

This theory still holds true once the disc based release comes out too - people with the AE disc should be able to play people with the old disc with the mandatory balance patch.

It's not that people are confused, it's just that there is still plenty of ambiguity from the simple phrase given in the trailer.