• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Quote from: massi4h on April 13, 2011, 12:30:57 PM
2 overpowered characters :D ER and Oni aren't that good. But yeah definitely better to have the same as arcade so both fields are the same.

Hahaha yeah I agree. It seriously makes me laugh how scrubs on EH who have never played AE complain how broken ER and Oni are when I think the other shotos are probably better.

I'm looking forward to the update now since we can't get our AE fix because of the damn EQ... But I doubt that it'll be enough to pull me away from Marvel anyways  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on April 13, 2011, 08:24:31 PM
"Regular SSFIV players" doesn't mean regular SSFIV characters - balance patch without the extra characters will still make sense in this instance - if you don't pay for the patch, you get mandatory changes to your character, similar to the patch that nerfed Sentinel released the other week for MvC3 - if you do buy the update, you get the new characters and the replay channel enhancements.

Again, this is all speculation, but this makes more sense IMO because the balance is preserved, regardless of whether you have the new version or the not so new version.

This theory still holds true once the disc based release comes out too - people with the AE disc should be able to play people with the old disc with the mandatory balance patch.

It's not that people are confused, it's just that there is still plenty of ambiguity from the simple phrase given in the trailer.

Why bother saying AE players who downloaded the patch would still be able to play against players who didn't if the players who didn't are playing the same balanced characters? They may as well say Yun, Yang and Oni can still play against the rest of the cast. That doesn't make sense.

There's no ambiguity. Capcom has already stated that AE is a patch that you pay for and is released on June 7. AE IS THE BALANCES. There has never been any mention of the balances being released separately from AE. It is a package. You either pay for the package or you don't. This is the disctinction between AE players and "regular SSF4 players".

electric

Let's just agree to disagree - supporting two different versions of a character in one game, IMO, is pretty stupid - especially with a roster the size of SF4's. We'll see what happens come June 7th
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on April 13, 2011, 10:03:58 PM
Let's just agree to disagree - supporting two different versions of a character in one game, IMO, is pretty stupid - especially with a roster the size of SF4's. We'll see what happens come June 7th

As long as the winner blatantly laughs at the loser and rubs his loserness in his face.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

But yeah Simon, still doesn't make sense. How can outdated SSF4 play with the new one. There's all new move properties and shit. Wtf happens if Hakan does slide to oil shower.

Unless if you patch it keeps both games available in a way so you can play old SSF4 vs SSF4 players and AE against AE players.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on April 13, 2011, 10:59:27 PM
But yeah Simon, still doesn't make sense. How can outdated SSF4 play with the new one. There's all new move properties and shit. Wtf happens if Hakan does slide to oil shower.

I've never stated that this would be the case.

Quote from: massi4h on April 13, 2011, 10:59:27 PM
Unless if you patch it keeps both games available in a way so you can play old SSF4 vs SSF4 players and AE against AE players.

This is the most likely scenario. Otherwise it would be three versions. SSF4. SSF4 AE. And some hybrid of the two which is neither SSF4 nor SSF4 AE.

LN

Here's how it works, apparently.

SSF4 people can play against AE people, but it disables the AE DLC and they are both playing SSF4. No new chars, no AE changes.
There is no knowledge that is not power

samurai black

so basically if you get the DLC, avoid everyone else without it like the plague.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: LN on April 14, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

SSF4 people can play against AE people, but it disables the AE DLC and they are both playing SSF4. No new chars, no AE changes.

Exactly. Cheers for that.

Pinolicious

Quote from: LN on April 14, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

Booo yuck
<PSN> Kriselda

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

I thought that made perfect sense. You get to update to AE but you can still play SSF4 if you want. That's the best of both tbh. I hate completely removing games for newer ones. All the incarnations of SF2 are fun to play as. I'm sure one day we'll all go and play Vanilla for some fun and more fast paced action.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck I hate how they nerf heaps of shit in all the versions. Fucked up Sagat, Fucked up Bison, fucked up Cammy. They should just buff and make more rushdown.

hope this aint random. Didn't read all your comments lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: massi4h on April 14, 2011, 08:42:28 PM
I'm sure one day we'll all go and play Vanilla for some fun and more fast paced action.

massi4h

Looking back on it now, I really think vanilla's the most fun.