• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Vinilla - Sagat, Ryu and Akuma over powered, people cried.

SSF4 - Nerfs down 99% of the cast, change some moves and added more characters - people still cried

SSF4 AE - further nerfs and balances to characters, added some more characters... more crying and now Vinilla is better?

hmmmmmmm... anyways, not an arguement, just a thought :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Yeah new games are too defensive. Vanilla games go much faster.

[8-----D] Toots

you reckon mason?

I think in vanilla you had to play smarter/less reckless because of the damage output. Now in AE and super everyone just mashes away (plays riskier). Vanilla games only go faster with the super/ae mindset if you go back and watch some jp vanilla matches it was mainly zoning because taking the risk to jump in just wasn't worth it.

Vanilla wasn't a great game but the high damage and the top tier characters at the time encouraged smarter play imo. Now too many characters have easy escape options, easy get in moves, retarded knockdown mixups...so on. AE is probably going to be the low light in sf4s life. They ruined all the work they had put into super to make a well balanced fighting game and now its just a game heavily focused on dumb rushdown like yun and yang.

zos'la

I actually like teh AE changes/ balance... Im not fond of teh 2 brothers nor ER and Oni... but apart from that I have nothing against it.
Even if they nerf my Ryu down to the ground, which is pretty much lol. I still love how it balances out with the other class changes.. not THAT bad, it makes me play more fundamental and learn to handle teh corner pressure.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

AE is WAAAAAAAY less defensive than vanilla. Yun/Yang/Feilong are a head above the rest of the cast just because their pressure is so easily applicable. Yea its beatable, but its just a little bit dumb. They should at least be required to put in SOME effort to win the game instead of just divekick and do combo, or just rekka you on block all day. I like that the game is more aggressive now, but I think the way they have done it with those 3 characters is pretty dumb.

What don't you like about ER and Oni Andy? Just the design? Because theyre pretty shit characters imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

they look okay as a character design, not opt. I just think they are not necessarily??? they should of atleast put in other characters instead of 2 more shoto wanabe lol.

massi4h

Outside of Yun/Yang I feel it's alot more defensive I guess. Maybe it's just the marvel. But when ssf4 came out I'm sure it was much more defensive that vanilla. Charge characters became top tier and not cause of their rushdown skills. Maybe it's also cause akuma dropped when his mixup was fast and damaging.

K123_iy

They had the spring fighter tournament at our time this morning which arturo won, and they had a.e edition there on console. apparently on start up you choose whether you wanna play a.e or super.. phew, glad they didn't overwrite super

massi4h

Mean, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

zos'la

wow thats interesting.... u can CHOOSE @@

Nick4now

I don't like that tbh. The balance changes should be mandatory (and free) while getting the new characters should cost extra. Sucks if people are only gonna play super just because their character got nerfed or don't wanna deal with the twins.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

electric

Quote from: Nick4now on April 18, 2011, 10:39:41 AM
I don't like that tbh. The balance changes should be mandatory (and free) while getting the new characters should cost extra. Sucks if people are only gonna play super just because their character got nerfed or don't wanna deal with the twins.

Someone give this man a high five for the superior logic his brain displays - I agree 100% with this.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: Nick4now on April 18, 2011, 10:39:41 AM
Sucks if people are only gonna play super just because their character got nerfed or don't wanna deal with the twins.
That will only be online warriors though. Anyone that attends a local ranbats or tournaments will have to practice on AE otherwise they're just punishing themselves by not lreaning to deal with the changes/matchup, surely most of the people you play online will be on this situation.
KOW 2011

Pinolicious

Quote from: electric on April 18, 2011, 11:26:04 AM
Someone give this man a high five for the superior logic his brain displays - I agree 100% with this.

Agreed
<PSN> Kriselda

electric

Quote from: geneterror on April 18, 2011, 11:53:24 AM
That will only be online warriors though. Anyone that attends a local ranbats or tournaments will have to practice on AE otherwise they're just punishing themselves by not lreaning to deal with the changes/matchup, surely most of the people you play online will be on this situation.

Maybe, but splintering a community by forcing them to pay for balance changes seems like a weird choice to me - especially if there was a solution which also provided a monetary avenue, like what Nick4Now suggested.

I guess it makes sense from their point of view - there is, without a doubt, more money to be had from their current approach.

Oh well
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla