• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Can you buy a hard copy of this game?

Cos i want my costumes that i bought to work on it. Fuck. I got the US version cos i couldn't wait one week. i didn't even play it for a week. I know, i'm stupid.

Yer it's obvious everyone is gonna play AE. Almost as obvious as everyone is gonna play one of the twins.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 18, 2011, 12:26:45 PM
Can you buy a hard copy of this game?
Yes but you will have to wait like an extra 3 weeks or so to buy the disc copy by the sounds of it.
KOW 2011

electric

Quote from: geneterror on April 18, 2011, 12:33:21 PM
Yes but you will have to wait like an extra 3 weeks or so to buy the disc copy by the sounds of it.

And it'll cost more than the DLC (confirmed somewhere... I think I heard it on the latest CrossCounter)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

massi4h

Yeah, but Eru that's like saying when SSF4 came out it didn't replace vanilla. It's just a new game and I don't know anyone who stuck to vanilla after super came out.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on April 18, 2011, 01:24:34 PM
Yeah, but Eru that's like saying when SSF4 came out it didn't replace vanilla. It's just a new game and I don't know anyone who stuck to vanilla after super came out.

I understand that, I just don't really get why they're doing this hybrid approach - either turn SSF4 into AE or release a brand new game - it's weird having both games in one "game"... I think :/

Who knows - I'll just shut up now lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Because

a) cunts complain all the time about wah wah gotta buy a new game for $30 wah wah wah

b) Super is considered more balanced than AE (I'm not talking about fun or good or w/e, just balance)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on April 18, 2011, 12:13:57 PM
Maybe, but splintering a community by forcing them to pay for balance changes seems like a weird choice to me - especially if there was a solution which also provided a monetary avenue, like what Nick4Now suggested.

I guess it makes sense from their point of view - there is, without a doubt, more money to be had from their current approach.

Oh well

Yeah if the balance changes were free I wouldn't pay for any of the new characters.
But when you think about it,  people spent long hours testing and making the balance adjustments and were paid a wage or salary doing so. It costs Capcom money to release balance patches. Why should anyone get them for free?

Nick4now

Quote from: geneterror on April 18, 2011, 11:53:24 AM
That will only be online warriors though. Anyone that attends a local ranbats or tournaments will have to practice on AE otherwise they're just punishing themselves by not lreaning to deal with the changes/matchup, surely most of the people you play online will be on this situation.

Yeah you're right Graeme but I think it's gonna make it hard for our scene grow. The online warriors who we're trying to attract for tourneys/ranbats could be like "Oh you guys play AE? No thanks, I'll stick to Super at home". Sorry if I'm being a dick, I'm probably just salty over this matter  ;D

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 18, 2011, 12:26:45 PM
Yer it's obvious everyone is gonna play AE. Almost as obvious as everyone is gonna play one of the twins.

I bet you that in the long run most of those people will drop them and go back to a shoto. Even though they're clearly two of the strongest characters in the game it doesn't mean they're "scrub" friendly... Like Bison  :o :o :o :o

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 18, 2011, 06:15:03 PM
Yeah if the balance changes were free I wouldn't pay for any of the new characters.
But when you think about it,  people spent long hours testing and making the balance adjustments and were paid a wage or salary doing so. It costs Capcom money to release balance patches. Why should anyone get them for free?

We're constantly getting balance changes for MVC3 for free aren't we?  :P Electric knows where I'm coming from  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Rorooze

Ugh. Based on having SSF4 and SSF4AE modes selectable I would suggest this is how it will work:

If you don't get the patch the only people you will get to play against are people that 1) don't have the patch or 2) have the patch but are in normal SSF4 mode.

Also, from another site:

QuoteThe Arcade Edition will also include some balance tweaks - although Capcom may roll those out as a patch for everyone, regardless of whether they buy the Arcade Edition or not - and new options for watching and following replays.

So basically, by the sounds of it, until CAPCOM formally announce exactly how it's going to work, we're all just speculating.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yay is it gona have balance tweaks !? I fuckin hope so. Then again. It prob gona be more nerfs. Shit.

Oh and Nick bro. Shoto's are not scrub friendly. I think shoto's are actually pretty technical to play. They come after piano chars imo.

Boxer is scrub best fuckin friend.

I thought Bison was easy, but so many people suck with him it pains me. And they're people who are good with other chars too. Spam sissor kick is easy of course. And this what people think of when they think Bison. But hard to use all his tools for some people i reckon. = a scrub Bison.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 18, 2011, 07:19:42 PM
Oh and Nick bro. Shoto's are not scrub friendly. I think shoto's are actually pretty technical to play. They come after piano chars imo.

Oh I definitely agree that they're technical to play... On a high level. But scrubs flowchart all day and think they're pro. The twins don't have something as abusable and adding that they have low health I guarantee that they'll go back to shotos.

I have to disagree about the piano chars though  :P

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Nick4now on April 18, 2011, 07:28:17 PM
Oh I definitely agree that they're technical to play... On a high level. But scrubs flowchart all day and think they're pro. The twins don't have something as abusable and adding that they have low health I guarantee that they'll go back to shotos.

I have to disagree about the piano chars though  :P

$10 says scrubs find divekick on day one and it sticks for a loooooong time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha.

Bro Mike Ross was asked why he picked Honda to main. He replied 'I wanted somebody who was easy to play' - Mike FUCKING Ross people!!!

Then he fuckin sucked big time come the later stages, boooooooo.

I get sore fingers after playing with piano chars a few times. I fuckin respect people who play them at high level. Gen players especially.

Some people might find them easy though ay. The most dropped chars are usually ones that depend on stupidly hard inconsistent BnB's. They have the biggest right to moan about set ups being different to theirs hahaha.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 18, 2011, 07:39:40 PM
Some people might find them easy though ay. The most dropped chars are usually ones that depend on stupidly hard inconsistent BnB's. They have the biggest right to moan about set ups being different to theirs hahaha.

Must be why TKD picked up Balrog.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

The twins will only be hard for people that have a problem with execution. The dive kick is really abusive and the twins have very good normals for the kind of characters they are. An average yun or yang player will be able to give any good player a hard time imo. They have some difficult to play matchups but any other match up is fairly straight foward..get into to range of your awesome normals (omg yuns s.mp) and threaten with divekicks. When your in proceed to rape them with mixups. I was playing yun while I was playing ae so im not just hating lol