• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter IV A.E.

Started by acewingz, December 22, 2010, 10:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yes and we were recently told that we could pick which game to play when we started AE. Kinda like those SF Anniversary games. So it just seems logical that when you pick SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION instead of SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4, when you go into the completely different online interface you will be matching up with other people playing SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4.

Didn't write the caps to try and be a dick, just trying to make it stand out. We're getting a disc update, but we're also getting it in the menu having the option to pick between the two. This is a new SF4 game.

Nick4now

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on April 18, 2011, 09:54:23 PM
The twins will only be hard for people that have a problem with execution. The dive kick is really abusive and the twins have very good normals for the kind of characters they are. An average yun or yang player will be able to give any good player a hard time imo. They have some difficult to play matchups but any other match up is fairly straight foward..get into to range of your awesome normals (omg yuns s.mp) and threaten with divekicks. When your in proceed to rape them with mixups. I was playing yun while I was playing ae so im not just hating lol

Those are scrubs aren't they?  ;D

Although DK is abusive, it's not the type of move that scrubs would realise that can be spamed imo. Well that's just coming from my experience online and rarely seeing a Rufus player lol I'm thinking  it's because:

- you can't just mash "jump df.k" like you can mash out a dp
- you can't use it on wakeup as a "get out of jail"
- Scrubs usually can't combo so DK won't lead them to a knockdown

Yun doesn't exactly require great execution, but I just don't see him being popular among Flowchart-like players lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

Yun's upkicks on wakeup are awfully gay. Luckily only Yang can focus cancel his upkicks.

massi4h

"Team Sp00ky is streaming the 2nd annual Spring Fighter Tournament in New York, which Capcom's Seth Killian is attending. The console version of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is at the event as well.

Arturo Sanchez and Sp00ky mentioned that the console version of Arcade Edition has the same balance changes as the version in arcades right now. There were some suggested balance changes, but they were held back. Also, you can select between Super Street Fighter 4 or Arcade Edition when starting the game."

From the writeup of that link on EventHubs when they had that console AE tournament on the weekend. I thought everyone saw that.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Nick4now on April 18, 2011, 10:38:28 PM
Those are scrubs aren't they?  ;D

Although DK is abusive, it's not the type of move that scrubs would realise that can be spamed imo. Well that's just coming from my experience online and rarely seeing a Rufus player lol I'm thinking  it's because:

- you can't just mash "jump df.k" like you can mash out a dp
- you can't use it on wakeup as a "get out of jail"
- Scrubs usually can't combo so DK won't lead them to a knockdown

Yun doesn't exactly require great execution, but I just don't see him being popular among Flowchart-like players lol

I think you are confusing scrubs with someone who is new to the game, or just isn't competitive.

A scrub is someone that learns nothing, and generally plays the same way regardless of the situation presented to them, and has no interest in improving the way they play. I generally wouldn't consider a flowcharter a scrub, just someone who is new or having some lols online.

A big trend I notice a lot lately with NZism, is when someone thinks that a character being hard to execute makes them a difficult character, or a character being easy to execute making them an easy character.  I think everyone needs to remember that regardless of how hard it is to "use" the character, that people should be evaluating them by their moveset and it's effectiveness as if played to it's full potential.

The other thing is that Street Fighter IV in general is pretty linear, and anyone who imagines it to be some massively deep Street Fighter game is pretty much tripping.  This doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game from time to time, but I definitely accept it for what it is.  So my opinion is that except for maybe 2 characters, anyone could pick up any character in Street Fighter IV, and put a few weeks in and be able to access the metagame in very little time.  And TBH even the 2 characters that I see as having big execution barriers (Viper and Elf) aren't that bad at all.

It's weird though.  I think as Street Fighter IV has evolved through the 3 iterations now, that I prefer Vanilla to the rest.  As mentioned above, I feel that in the current state of the games, that people are encouraged to play a very risky style, and that it can be a frustrating game to play when you are actually trying to play the game at a deeper psychological level.  The low damage that has carried over to super, coupled with the easy input system has skewed the risk/reward ratio in an odd way.  Furthermore, Rush characters that are effective tend to have a "get in for free card", and almost every character has some form of reversal for very little meter, or with little or no risk.

I generally feel that you have a far greater chance of losing a game against an opponent that isn't as mentally strong as you in Street Fighter IV than in most other Street Fighter games.  And this has generally compounded itself with each iteration of the game.

Wasn't singling you out Nick, Just an observation I have made over the last few months.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 18, 2011, 07:44:15 PM
Must be why TKD picked up Balrog.

Wholly sheeitt hahahaha. Fuckin shame.

And i can't believe Lenny think Viper is easier then Gen. Wolfkron is rapin her with pad. W....T......F...

The game probably not hard to pick up for someone like you Lenny who's played every street fighter known to man at a somewhat competitive level. I play my mates that used to play VS series, SF2, Alpha's (why has nobody heard of 3S?) at a casual level. They come into SF4 and maybe cos i'm beast, but they seem to not get wtf is going on hahaha.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Keep this thread civil and clean or I'll have to start throwing around infractions.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yep, yep. I think it was just some misreading from all of us tbh. My last few posts about it were after reading the thing I quoted from EH. I kinda assumed everybody had already saw that as that was a few days ago. Shoulda posted it sooner.

HoneyBadger

I think it's pretty safe to say check your sources before you enter into an argument. Especially when they're as obvious as srk/eventhubs
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 19, 2011, 05:17:27 PM
Well, well, well. That is all.

Thats what I was thinking.  I'm actually confused now. PM me what part of this confirms what you were saying before it got deleted. I'm pretty curious to see where shit went wrong. Would discuss it here but its derailing shit. Obviously.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

massi4h

Yeah this quote is once again a little misleading:
"• SSF4 users who don't upgrade to AE can't play against the new characters, but they get the increased search functionality of the replay system. They can also watch Arcade Edition matches."

It's like CAPCOM are trying to make people happy no matter how they read it. To me, this says that SSF4 players will get a free patch to their online interface and get all the new replay features, meaning they can find AE replays if they want. This is kinda weird I guess as the engine won't have those moves/characters, but what I've noticed with replays as they aren't based on the current engine. What I did when super first came out was save a replay of me doing the fei long infinite online. If I now watch the replay it still shows the infinite, so the game isn't directly reading those inputs and outputting them.

Even this quote is stupid and seems like another way to make people interested or something:
"also they weren't sure how the old characters would stack up against the new fighters, Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni, without the balance changes they received in the new title."

samurai black