• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

NEOGEO Station PSN list

Started by ROCOABC, December 24, 2010, 10:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

Hey guys.  Yesterday SNK launched a selection of NEOGEO titles under the NEOGEO Station banner.  If anyone downloaded any of these games and would like to try out the online side of things lets make a PSN list.

I've personally downloaded the following -
KoF94 - Online vs
Samurai Shodown - Online vs
Art of Fighting - Online vs
Fatal Fury - Online co-op/vs
Magician Lord - Online co-op
Metal Slug - Online co-op

The other available titles are - Alpha Mission 2, Super Sidekicks, Baseball Stars and League Bowling.  Could care less out these.

Yes, I am a sucker for nostalgia.  I love my SNK/NEOGEO era stuff and can't wait for the next batch NEOGEO classic releases.

PSN - ROCOABC

geneterror

I just wish one of them was KOF98 :-[
KOW 2011

ROCOABC

I would assume KoF98 will eventually make it to the list.

Lennysaurus

Why dont you just get KOF98UM that was released earlier this year?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Yeah I have it on PS2, it's awesome but would prefer to play on TE sticks and of course I can't play the PS2 version online :(

I need to con Richard into coming round to my place for some KOF, he's the only other one I know apart from Ben Gunsmoke that might be keen :'(
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Hmm... I wonder if there is some other console.  One that is able to  play online, that has KOF98UM.  Wouldn't it be great if such a thing existed, and you owned it.  hurhur

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: geneterror on December 24, 2010, 11:18:46 AM
Yeah I have it on PS2, it's awesome but would prefer to play on TE sticks and of course I can't play the PS2 version online :(

I need to con Richard into coming round to my place for some KOF, he's the only other one I know apart from Ben Gunsmoke that might be keen :'(

*cough*
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Most of these games were on the PS2 SNK arcade collection. So I'll probably wait til they release some different games.

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on December 24, 2010, 11:18:46 AM

oh bro, TEAM NIUE is always keen for KoF.

ROCOABC

Oh well, I guess I am alone with this NeoGeo thing.

Elixir

How is the netcode? I haven't been able to find any games for Magician Lord or Metal Slug at all.

geneterror

In all honesty if I got them I wouldn't play them. If/when they release KOF97, KOF98, KOF2K2, Real Bout: Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown 2 or 5 then I'm interested. The games that are out at the moment are good for nostalgia but fairly simple/primitive. I can play them on an emulator for nostalgia, give me any of the game I listed with added netcode/ training mode/artwork etc  though and I'm keen.
KOW 2011

Elixir

It's  worth buying for Metal Slug, at least. Good luck finding a physical version!

Anyway, I managed to get all of these games, although I'm mostly interested in only Metal Slug or Magician Lord. PSN iselixir68k if you want to add me.

geneterror

That's what I mean by simple though. In all honestly Metal Slug was fun at the fish 'n chip shop when I was younger but would keep me occupied for about 5 mins these days. If I'm not playing fighters or GT5 I'm usually playing startegy/rpgs. I don't really by into the nostalgia thing. I want the games I listed because I would still buy them if they were released now as new games because the mechanics have a lot of depth.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

I like metal slug.  I used to play that heaps on my PSP.  Metal Slug 2 was my favorite.  I liked killing zombies and driving the tanks.