• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Anyone here got an Xbox 360 as well?

Started by Chocobuny, December 25, 2010, 07:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobuny

First off, Merry Xmas guys!

So ended up getting an Xbox 360 on Christmas and now I'm kind of wondering to myself, should I pick up SSF4 for Xbox so I can play with other people? How is the player base there compared to PS3? Is the lag difference really that different?

Also I have a stick that has a short circuit, made for PS3. Is there any way I can mod this to get it work on Xbox360? Don't really want to buy ANOTHER stick lol.

CrazyMobius

Yes get it I say. If I got an Xbox this would be the only reason I got one. Just waiting for the price to drop low enough.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Chocobuny on December 25, 2010, 07:09:10 PM
First off, Merry Xmas guys!

So ended up getting an Xbox 360 on Christmas and now I'm kind of wondering to myself, should I pick up SSF4 for Xbox so I can play with other people? How is the player base there compared to PS3? Is the lag difference really that different?

Also I have a stick that has a short circuit, made for PS3. Is there any way I can mod this to get it work on Xbox360? Don't really want to buy ANOTHER stick lol.

If you're keen to play SSFIV, then you'll always be able to get games, that's for sure.  THere are more XBOX360 players than there are on PSN apparently.  Its also on special through firstgames atm for $35:
http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/xbox_360/super-street-fighter-iv
I can't tell you if the lag is better or worse tbh.  Skullator or Scribble could tell you cause they have both consoles.

Um, if you want you can get one of those Tekken sticks on Trademe for $99.  They're not sanwa quality, but if you don't wanna spend too much then that might be the go.  Dual modding your current stick will prolly cost about the same but you get the advantage of having your sanwa etc parts already in it.  Look at ordering a PS360 board maybe, or a cthulu?  Need a bit of modding XP to do it though.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Chocobuny

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 25, 2010, 10:22:15 PM
If you're keen to play SSFIV, then you'll always be able to get games, that's for sure.  THere are more XBOX360 players than there are on PSN apparently.  Its also on special through firstgames atm for $35:
http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/xbox_360/super-street-fighter-iv
I can't tell you if the lag is better or worse tbh.  Skullator or Scribble could tell you cause they have both consoles.

Um, if you want you can get one of those Tekken sticks on Trademe for $99.  They're not sanwa quality, but if you don't wanna spend too much then that might be the go.  Dual modding your current stick will prolly cost about the same but you get the advantage of having your sanwa etc parts already in it.  Look at ordering a PS360 board maybe, or a cthulu?  Need a bit of modding XP to do it though.

Yay at xmas sale! But argh what to do what to do..... might look around for some stick deals, hopefully some boxing day sales or something (fingers crossed). I'll pick up SSF4 though, thanks for the heads up.

So this short circuited stick, should I pretty much just write it off and take out the parts?

Nick4now

You should come to TZ sometime and get beasted by my awesome Yun  :P

Anyways Merry Boxing Day everyone!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

HoneyBadger

... The lag is significantly better on the 360.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Both internet lag and the game overall run better on Xbox 360.
I bought a 360 for fighting games.

Playstation 3 is the better console, outside of this (Talking media device)

Chocobuny

The real deciding factor for me at the moment is players. I just want more people to play with :P.

@Nick, rofl I do plan to get to TZ at some point to try out AE, fuck if I know when I'll have some free time though : (. QQ Poor Cammy

HoneyBadger

Heaps more players on xbl. If no one is on in NZ you can just change your flag and playing the Australians is heaps better because of the improved lag on 360.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Chocobuny

Quote from: HoneyBadger on December 26, 2010, 01:32:28 PM
Heaps more players on xbl. If no one is on in NZ you can just change your flag and playing the Australians is heaps better because of the improved lag on 360.

Okay I'm pretty pumped. When Capcom store fixes their shit going to buy an Xbox 360 stick, because they are $50 off at the moment :D