• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Happy New Year!

Started by fluxcore, January 01, 2011, 11:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Happy new year everyone!

2010 was a tremendously successful year for NZism, where we put on the biggest and best events yet, started a regular ranbats system and just generally played a lot of games. I'd like to thank the events admin crew, and especially Rory, for making it all possible - you guys all did great work.

And of course big thanks to everyone that took the time and made the effort to come along to the events! Especially the people from farther afield - it was awesome to see the Christchurch scene power up so hard recently. It just goes to show that anywhere can get a good turnout if there's enough incentive and effort put in.

2011 is going to be an amazing year for fighting games, with many big name titles coming out, and we'll certainly be looking to support as many of them as people are wanting to play. So get out there and make a racket, play the games you love and try to get as many other people doing the same!

And of course if you have any suggestions or comments on what you want to see happen in 2011, please leave some feedback in the Support/Feedback forum!

Thanks for everything!

P.S. here's a little bonus set of images that I found while tidying my room - a SF2/SF2CE calendar from 1993 :)

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Lol nice one Alan. Happy New Year to all. And may I play many more fighting games and fail many more courses because of it.

madaxe munkee

Amen!

Happy New Year guys.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Nick4now

Happy New Year everyone! 2010 was my first year as an NZism and I gotta say I had fun at all the events I participated not only because of playing some awesome offline games but also meeting you bunch of Good Kungs.

Thanks boys for the goodtimes!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Happy New year. Farrk i spewed up more than i drunk that night. Think i need to get my stomach pumped or some shit.

Fucking started drinking at 10:00am. So by the time it was midnight i was stumbling into everything and everything.

Yay second year with NZism, i'm no longer a rookie first yearer hahah. Tripple OG status now niggggaa.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

Man got back from Whangamata today.  I go away for New Years every year, and I would have to say that this was my best trip away yet.

In other news.  Happy New Years Everyone!!!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

nztauranga

Shot bro. WHANGAMATA PumPs! Love that place for longboard surfing. If u ever go there again and the eastly swell is pumping ground swells, take u a surfboard if not a boogieboard n flippers wil reveal whangamata's amazing surf. Barrels out there on the perfect day. New years resolution, got to get another roger Hall long board.
-work to live not live to work-><>

CrazyMobius

I've got a good feeling 2011 will be better than 2010.

Goukiro

Happy new year everybody !!!! Love and peace for this new year and much SSF4 versus (may be the same then arcade edition in the next few month!!!!!  :D ). See yaa on line, or in NZ.
Perfection get by repetition

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Some of my friends set fire to Piha this new years, and another one had phone sex with Josh Groban.

I was at work. FML
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.