• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

2011 SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 23rd April

Started by Rorooze, January 10, 2011, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Feb 11. That's just before the HF tourney. Can we have a Hyper Fight set up? I can bring the game on ps2 if someone can bring a PS2.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill grab the rom, but we will need some PS3 sticks, since the giga computers are lame and dont let you download the drivers for 360 TE's.

If i see a pie graph im going to bitch slap the person that posts it. Dont think I wont.

Seriously, dont think i wont.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

As usual, if the demand is there we will accommodate it. We'll just use an xbox for it, easier than bringing in a PS2 + CRT.

BTW if we get the same turnout as we did last time we'll probably try get another setup going anyway.

massi4h

Yeah but what's more similar to the arcade? I can bring my laptop and we can play on that if you guys want. Though doubt we could practice on MCA sticks lol. But yeah I really wanna take this tourney seriously though I pretty much have no chance of winning.

massi4h

Yeah that's why man. Gotta find a way around those cheap blankas and lenny's sim (and everything in this game is so cheap to me lol). Better learn those throw loops.

cha

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 03, 2011, 10:55:17 PM
Ill grab the rom, but we will need some PS3 sticks, since the giga computers are lame and dont let you download the drivers for 360 TE's.

If i see a pie graph im going to bitch slap the person that posts it. Dont think I wont.

Seriously, dont think i wont.

coz you gotta hide your ass!
try www.hidemyass.com and choose SSL encryption for your link
and you gotta do some privilege escalation to edit the registry so you can remove the write protection of your damn hard drive

i boycotted giga coz of these stupid rules

CaptainHook

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 03, 2011, 11:33:32 PM
$2000 pot so far. That should be your motivation.

Have a hundred people entered already? Just for Hyper Fighter?

What are these guys doing right to get that many people that NZism isn't?
Especially for a tourney that's one game and a 20 year old one at that..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CaptainHook

Yeah, but how many people did we have playing HF at damager? Or ST at Nationals last year?
Seems like there's an awareness/perception of NZism missing maybe..

A guy on facebook runs a random comp and gets that many people interested?

At the very least i would think the organizers would be taking a hard look at that.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 04, 2011, 12:40:18 PM
Yeah, but how many people did we have playing HF at damager? Or ST at Nationals last year?
Seems like there's an awareness/perception of NZism missing maybe..

A guy on facebook runs a random comp and gets that many people interested?

At the very least i would think the organizers would be taking a hard look at that.

Relax. It's not under my radar by any means. If that many people are into HF, we need to get them on the site and start running HF events IMO.

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 04, 2011, 12:44:21 PM
I think it's just networking.

Bingo. Look at this dude. Hes a reasonably well-known DJ with a lot of connections. He has FOUR THOUSAND facebook friends. He invited all of them. Realistically, the numbers hes getting are great, but we would get that much if we got our promo on to 4000 people as well. And also, a lot of those guys will probably ust be spectating. It will still be an awesome turnout, and an awesome tourney.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Don't worry Birry, i think if i was any more relaxed in life i would be dead. :P

Saying it's "just networking" is as helpful as saying "getting better is just practice".
But there's "effective practice" versus "just practice", and Mobius you know that which is why you did your defense system thing.

Look just above these posts.. Mason is foaming at the mouth at the chance of $2000.
There are a lot of things different about this from what i can see..

Hope the chance to learn something isn't wasted is all.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

DJ Reminise has a massive amount of connections. If I even knew half as many people as him we would be pulling significantly higher numbers.

We are focussing heavily on promotions this year anyway.

And some of you guys need to give us some credit. We don't look at things like that like "OH LULZ LOOK AT THAT OH WELL NVM". We actually DO take notice of things like this. I've already put the idea out to support the HF community if it really is this big. I will also be having a good conversation with Blade on the 16th about spreading the HF love.

Yes. There are a lot of things different. The potential $2000 pot is one of them. But the bar they're using obviously isn't charging them to hire it out, presumably because DJ Reminise has connections with them, since he plays there quite a lot. As such, they can afford a pot like this. They already own the setups they are using, and the Bar's TV's and sound system will be used.

Currently the stuff that will be provided at this tourney is costing us quite a lot. And not only that, since our tournaments are a lot more regular, we try to charge you guys less so that things across the year are more affordable.

Furthermore, its winner take all. We generally split our pots for the top 3. This is a move i stand by as well. I prefer the idea of having more prizes, but i definitely see having one amazing prize like that as something worth considering and i have suggested it on numerous occasions before, but its just not something we can afford to do, unless we start charging a hell of a lot more.

I get your concerns, but we have been through all of our options in terms of running our events, and what we are doing now, based on the size of the community is best for us at the moment. When the site gets 4000 members, you might start seeing a couple of hundred people at events. We might even start charging more so that we can have sick cash prizes. But its a little way down the NZism road yet.

And can we end this conversation here please. PM me anymore you want to discuss. I want to keep the ranbats thread tidy from this point. I derail a lot of threads myself, but in threads like this, it needs to stop.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

BRO STRAIGHT UP NZISM ADMIN IS WORKING IT MADNESS AND CAPTAIN HOOK G, NO BEEF BUT DONT KNOCK THE NZISM ADMIN THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.
The New Generation Clockw0rk

CaptainHook

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

also.....put the points up i wanna see my have points for being 2nd
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Rorooze

No points this ranbats dave! But you are top tier now -_-