• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Just an idea , maybe the paint fumes are getting to me but .....

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, January 14, 2011, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

i know for tournaments etc with the left over money its goes towards prizes , prize money etc , but seeing as japanese players are turning up to tournaments all over the place , how bout we try something different and try and get someone like alex valle to come down to the nationals etc .

obviously it would cost shitloads , but this could be a good thing for our scene and drum up abit more interest ?
maybe run some tourneys during the year with a larger entrance fee with money going towards plane tickets to get him or someone else here , maybe even for next year ?

pretty much i think valle is the man , and itd be something different and could intice alot of the aussie guys to come over for a chance to play him also . showing sponsors etc whos coming , what hes done etc could maybe also drum up some money that way to get him or someone else here

anyways been painting my house all week , and the fumes may have shrunk my brain but i still think this'd be a awesome vent to maybe think about

peace .  8)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

Its definitely a good Idea mate, I actually told them to increase the entry fee and save that up for our own equipments, prize money for national (item) or something like what u mentioned. But had been reject since they want to keep the entry fee to the lowest possible.
Anyways, its really up to what the other thinks about it, jus tmy 2 cents hoho.

But If we are to do this, we can try and team up with teh autralians, say for example.
They have teh OH9 or OH10 can't remember during Jury 19-21 (example) we can do it the following week, hence when they invite say the likes of Valle or Daigo, Tokido or whoever, we can get them to make around trip over here, hence saving cost :)

just an idea lol....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

I'd be all for that, even if it was an Aussie like Humanbomb or Toxy.

I've been thinking about something like this to, I would even be happy to volunteer my skills to design shirts/hoodies that we could sell to raise money. Of course I would need to finish the NZism logo Alan asked me to look at ages ago but I have actually been working on it and I'm nearly ready to send Alan some stuff.
KOW 2011

LN

What the AU people did was keep a low entrance fee and have people that wanted to contribute to the 'international player fund' do donations.

In the end it works out the same without screwing over newer/lesser skilled people. If you care about not doing that.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

a donation fund would be sweet , id happy chuck in $100 to go towards getting someone here .

geneterror

Would donate!

Also combining it with or timing it around an Aussie event is a good idea. This is how some of my friends manage to get smaller punk/hardcore/metal bands that would never get NZ to come over here by adding a NZ date onto the tour.
KOW 2011

LN

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on January 14, 2011, 03:00:17 PM
a donation fund would be sweet , id happy chuck in $100 to go towards getting someone here .

lol considering you were planning to spend ~$1200 just to see daigo in AU, I should hope so! :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

massi4h

I'd instead just money match Alex Valle so he can make $100 that way.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: massi4h on January 14, 2011, 03:17:27 PM
I'd instead just money match Alex Valle so he can make $100 that way.

how you gunna money match him , if we cant afford to get him here first????
:D

jpb123

You have to remember Valle mite say no because of many reasons.

massi4h

lol I dunno but if 20 people wanna MM him for $100 there's 2 grand already lol.

jpb123

Quote from: massi4h on January 14, 2011, 03:25:30 PM
lol I dunno but if 20 people wanna MM him for $100 there's 2 grand already lol.

20 giving 100 each. That hard for a country and a hardcore scene so small.

And mvc3 coming soon also AE just came out. You think Valle will say in CAL to practice for tounrys and evo2011.

Flash

Awesome idea bro was thinking the same thing and valle would have been first choice for me also.

Quote from: jpb123 on January 14, 2011, 03:24:24 PM
You have to remember Valle mite say no because of many reasons.

You have to remember Valle might say yes because of many reasons

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Nick4now

Hahaha Valle would've been my first choice too. I'd love to get in a few games of ST against him just to get a hiding lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

samurai black

nah, i think we should send team NIUE over to whatever international event instead :P

we cant promise to win anything but everything we enter will be hype haha