• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Just an idea , maybe the paint fumes are getting to me but .....

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, January 14, 2011, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Jakkk g. Duno about the 5th Ryu in the world. Lets get Daigo!!!!! Sorry if i'm ruining the thread lol. I'd rather have any Japan other than USA tbh. If you want 'different' different Ryu lets get AIR!!!!

I will donate like 50 for sure.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Flash

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on January 14, 2011, 07:37:02 PM
Jakkk g. Duno about the 5th Ryu in the world. Lets get Daigo!!!!! Sorry if i'm ruining the thread lol. I'd rather have any Japan other than USA tbh. If you want 'different' different Ryu lets get AIR!!!!

I will donate like 50 for sure.

You just don't know bro, if we get daigo we'll just get beasted and he won't teach us much but if we get valle we'll get beasted but hopefully he'll can give us pointers (since he speaks english) in general but particularly for me would be footsies because my footsies are horrible. And i read in an interview with daigo ages ago that the most fun he had at a tournament in america was getting smashed with valle afterwards sounds like a plan for team [B 1 82].

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

scribble

This sounds like a cool idea. I'd be keen to donate $100 or so. Valle would be awesome.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Nick4now

Yeah what Flash said. I think he would have a more to offer than Daigo tbh. He'll beast us at SSFIV but we can show him that the Americans are lightweights when it comes to drinking hohoho

Quote from: samurai black on January 14, 2011, 07:10:01 PM
nah, i think we should send team NIUE over to whatever international event instead :P

we cant promise to win anything but everything we enter will be hype haha

You guys still owe us a Drinking match!  :P

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

amendonz

I'd buy a hoody for like 80  or 100, my vote would be for tokido.

Rorooze

I did have a wall of text but I wasn't getting my point across in the way which I intended. A bullet point summary will have to suffice. Happy to discuss it more in detail via PM or in person @ ranbats.

• It is something we have considered but is not currently at the top of our agenda
  • Cost is extremely prohibitive unless we piggy back off of Australian events and we get lots of donations
  • Do we really want to bring international players to GIGA? Personally I feel we need a better venue before going forward with this

Quote from: zos'la on January 14, 2011, 02:20:20 PM
I actually told them to increase the entry fee and save that up for our own equipments, prize money for national (item) or something like what u mentioned. But had been reject since they want to keep the entry fee to the lowest possible.

@zosla: please stop talking about stuff you have absolutely no idea about. Events aren't just about providing prizes for the top 10% of the community.

scribble

Agree with Rorooze's points. A better venue first would be good.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

JackSmash

I 100% completely agree with Rory here......................

Im not pissing on the idea, I personally think that it would be awesome to have a special international guest(s).
But at the moment we're such a small and undeveloped community, we have other things worry about first - which Rory has just stated.

Rorooze

BTW I should say I like the idea of getting someone big here, I don't think it's a stupid idea or anything. But unfortunately it's not as easy as it sounds :<

CaptainHook

Quote from: Rorooze on January 14, 2011, 11:24:55 PM
    • Do we really want to bring international players to GIGA? Personally I feel we need a better venue before going forward with this

That was the first thing i thought of. And also, there's a few other aspects i think we could get sorted first too.
    i.e streaming events (i've streamed 3 live cameras from my studio in hamilton DIRECT to over 100 viewers before, that's
    without using a service like ustream or justin.tv which actually takes your single feed and serves it to client computers so
    you don't have to -- just a preemptive point against any "our bandwidth in NZ is too crap"), sponsors, and a few other things
    that probably don't need to be discussed here.

Once the whole thing has tightened up, international guests will be awesome.

I just didn't want to say it first and be "that guy" like i always seem to..  ;D
    Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

originaljulz

Lol Rory's points are all valid. ESPECIALLY about GIGA being our venue. Lol'd.
    HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

LN

Quote from: CaptainHook on January 15, 2011, 01:14:56 AM

That was the first thing i thought of. And also, there's a few other aspects i think we could get sorted first too.
      i.e streaming events (i've streamed 3 live cameras from my studio in hamilton DIRECT to over 100 viewers before, that's
      without using a service like ustream or
    justin.tv which actually takes your single feed and serves it to client computers so
    you don't have to -- just a preemptive point against any "our bandwidth in NZ is too crap"), sponsors, and a few other things
    that probably don't need to be discussed here.

Once the whole thing has tightened up, international guests will be awesome.

I agree with what you're saying, although I hate the formatting you use to say it :) Were you streaming to only NZ, or also international?

This point in particular is important, because any sponsor*ED* players coming here will almost undoubtedly be attached to a 'event must be streamed' kind of  clause. Because otherwise there's no real promotional aspect to the player going somewhere.[/list]
    There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

Firstly Kudos to Euan for thinking outside the box and getting others to do so. We need more attitudes like this in the community!

It seems a lot of the community thinks that Giga is holding us back. At least for tournament venues. So now the obvious question seems to be:
    What would be a good venue to hold tournaments?
    Also if there is a perfect venue outside of Auckland I don't think we should rule it out as they may be less expensive.

The first one I think of would be Hotel conference rooms. (although they may not be cheap, also they may not want the rowdiness of a tournament.)The Crown PLaza is the first that comes to mind. Otherwise Aotea Centre or ASB Showgrounds. Not the whole bloody place but just a section big enough for the event.

Rorooze

^^ Incredibly expensive. The smallest room at the conference centre at sky city (33 square m) would be in the realm of $1k+. Outside of the CBD there are cheaper venues but the minimum outlay for something suitable is going to be $500+. We need to be hitting 100+ participants to even start looking at the places you've suggested (hotels in the CBD). Remember that as you start getting bigger events you have to start paying for more things up front, this puts more financial risk on the people signing their life away for things like a bond on the venue.

Honestly, all the ideas in this thread have been mentioned at some stage by the all of the people that organise NZism stuff. We have some big plans but to pull those off we have a bunch of smaller steps that we need to work on, these are slowly (but surely) coming into play.

Admittedly we don't say too much publicly about what we're planning, though I'd much rather NZism under-promise and over-deliver than hype shit up and then pop like a balloon. This year I think a lot of the things we've been discussing and planning over 2010 are going to fall into place in 2011 and hopefully (depending on the success of MVC3) we can start implementing some of it before the end of the year.

CaptainHook

Quote from: LN on January 15, 2011, 09:39:02 AM
    I agree with what you're saying, although I hate the formatting you use to say it :) Were you streaming to only NZ, or also international?

Lol, sorry Alan.
    90% of connections i monitored where in NZ yes.. but i guess my real point was that as i monitored bandwidth etc i got a fair idea that
    if i could have streamed my feed to a better server rather than have people connect direct to MY server i setup, i could have managed the
    stream easily. This was about 4-5 years ago and i couldn't find anything like ustream at the time (may have been around but i was more
    interested in learning the technical setup anyway as it was an experiment that proved to be a successful marketing venture for us).

Sorry again for the above formating. LOL.

Quote from: Rorooze on January 15, 2011, 11:35:25 AM
    ^^ Incredibly expensive. The smallest room at the conference centre at sky city (33 square m) would be in the realm of $1k+. Outside of the CBD there are cheaper venues but the minimum outlay for something suitable is going to be $500+. We need to be hitting 100+ participants to even start looking at the places you've suggested (hotels in the CBD). Remember that as you start getting bigger events you have to start paying for more things up front, this puts more financial risk on the people signing their life away for things like a bond on the venue.

Honestly, all the ideas in this thread have been mentioned at some stage by the all of the people that organise NZism stuff. We have some big plans but to pull those off we have a bunch of smaller steps that we need to work on, these are slowly (but surely) coming into play.

I'd rather say this in private but i've been doing a bit of looking into venues.
    A lot of the community "halls" in town are council subsidized, so you can get a room like Ellen Melville for like $16p/h
    depending on what time ("peak" is $30). Graeme should know this venue as it's often used for gigs/shows. :D
    Of course it means we need to take setups, and parking is a bitch, but i think even just that is a much better option.
    It's about the same size as giga.. but an empty room with (usually) a bunch of stackable seats in it.

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/council/services/venues/pioneer.asp

But i think there's a bunch of potentials here that we could go check out (yes i'm putting up my hand to help out :P):

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/council/services/venues/locations.asp
    Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K