• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZism presents First Blood 2011!

Started by Rorooze, January 19, 2011, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Cool.  I'll get numbers on the day and book a table for Denny's!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

LN

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 09, 2011, 08:20:12 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules
- Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.

Pretty sure Lenny that you can't actually switch only the assists in MvC3... any reason why switching order is not allowed though? Since you can do things like switch ultra as winner in SSFIV...
There is no knowledge that is not power

Lennysaurus

Quote from: LN on March 09, 2011, 10:33:19 PM
Pretty sure Lenny that you can't actually switch only the assists in MvC3... any reason why switching order is not allowed though? Since you can do things like switch ultra as winner in SSFIV...

You can change your assists by going back to the character select and re-selecting them I guess if you really want to.

TBH, I am unsure as to why this is, but I did a check of the evo rules, and they have it the same at the moment.  I thought we may as well have something consistent at this point until someone can think of an extenuating reason not to.  I can't think of any reason at this point why not to, other than people going back to the character select and changing the order other than it might take up more time, but I don't see it as being anything particularly detrimental to the tournament.

Here's the link anyway:
http://evo2k.com/?p=29

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 09, 2011, 08:47:12 PM
Oh and I was talking about the spencer glitches and time out glitches. Going off screen and shit to delay the game not freeze it. So then these would be allowed?

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 09, 2011, 08:20:12 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules
- Game version: XBOX360
- Game Settings: Damage - Medium, Time - 99 seconds, 2/3 Games
- You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
- Double blind encompasses both characters AND assist types.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

massi4h

Yeah the same applies in SSF4 in a way I guess. Winner is still allowed to change ultra so sometimes I consider reselecting if I win. Lots of characters have matchups where both ultras are good (or one is just slightly better) but if your ultras aren't working you might as well change.

Yeah MVC3 doesn't allow the hold both assist buttons down to swap your assists around for some reason. It just acts as if you hold down assist 2.

Oh yeah and I think we should make it very clear about the character switching upon loading. Lots of SSF4 players (mainly) don't know about this and are just used to pushing buttons while the game is loading, so I think just make sure everyone knows and I guess a restart should be allowed but yeah try and have it avoided as much as possible.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 09, 2011, 08:47:12 PM
Let's rock somewhere that we can get pissed.

Oh and I was talking about the spencer glitches and time out glitches. Going off screen and shit to delay the game not freeze it. So then these would be allowed?

Wow, didn't know you could use one button to block both ways. This tournament is gonna beast.

No, those will NOT be allowed. They make the game unplayable temporarily. Which is bad enough to be banned imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I am looking forward to many DQ's in MvC3 hohoho.
wink wink **Weazzy xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Pre-payments have closed as of yesterday. Anyone who hasnt payed by now will need to pay the extra $5 venue fee on the day.

Last 2 payments were Suka, and Vicheth(Not sure what your forum name is)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

weyden

Still unsure if im going to entre yet, I will def be there to watch though. Will be mean.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Bro enter Marvel imo. You were really impressive at ranbats given your pad-related handicap. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 10, 2011, 06:38:10 PM
Bro enter Marvel imo. You were really impressive at ranbats given your pad-related handicap. :P

Fuck yeah that shit was hype!  Did you get your Timezone card from your mate Weyden?

weyden

I havn't played it much since then so im probably way behind , ill do some mad training and see how I go. Yup I got the timezone card thanks for that  ;D

Rorooze

Remember to bring sticks guys, there is going to be heaps of setups :D

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Rorooze on March 11, 2011, 10:04:34 AM
Remember to bring sticks guys, there is going to be heaps of setups :D

THis.

For the love of god please bring sticks.  If you have a TE, bring it!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"