• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism presents First Blood 2011!

Started by Rorooze, January 19, 2011, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

NZism proudly presents the first major NZ fighting game tournament of 2011. Tournament games include Super Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift  and the soon to be released Marvel vs Capcom 3. NZism will now be taking pre-payments for large events such as First Blood 2011 to make sure the events run as smooth as possible!

Before getting to the details, a big thanks to NZism.com's sponsors and supporters:

Livewire Games - www.livewiregames.co.nz
An awesome gaming and gaming related novelty outlet located on level 1 of the IMAX complex on Queen Street.  Check them out for anything from the latest releases to Final Fantasy couch cushions!

Timezone NZ - www.timezonegames.co.nz
The Queen Street and Columbo Street Timezone arcades are the only arcades to have the new "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" and "Blazblue: Continuum Shift".  Loads of great challengers at both venues.

Printstop Plus
44 Khyber Pass Road
Thanks a bunch for printing all the posters and flyers that we use to advertise our events!

Games:
Super Street Fighter IV 1v1 Tournament
Marvel vs Capcom 3 1v1 Tournament
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 1v1 Tournament

All games will use a double elimination bracket.

When:
12 March 2011 - Registration opens at 11:00 am and closes at 11:30am. Tournament expected to commence at 12:00pm and the finals are expected to commence between 4:00 and 5:00pm.

Where:
Giga Internet Cafe, Level 2, 65 Wakefield Street, Auckland Central.

Entry Fee:
$15 per game if entry paid is before 26 February, otherwise an additional venue fee of $5 is required if you wish to pay on the day of the tournament. Prepaid entries are refundable up till the 26th of February.

The method for registration and prepayment is as follows:

1.   Post which games you wish to enter in the registration thread here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1757.0.html
2.   Prepay your entry fee by the 26th of February (unless you wish to pay an additional $5), prepayments can be deposited into the following account: NZism â€" Kiwibank - 38-9010-0887224-01 or can be paid at the fortnightly ranking battles.
3.   If you choose to pay using internet banking, use your FORUM USERNAME in the reference. Also put SF, MVC or BB in the reference to tell us which games you are registering for (for instance, if you want to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Blazblue: Continuum Shift, please use MVC and BB in your reference).
4.   When the money goes through, BIRRYWONG will give send a PM on the forum confirming that the payment has been recieved and the registration thread will be updated accordingly. Process complete, you are now pre-registered for the tournament.

Prizes:
Cash prizes, $120 for first place, $60 for second place and $30 for third place for each game.

Miscellaneous:
SSF4 and MVC3 will be run on Xbox360 and BB:CS will be on the PS3.

As usual, bring your own sticks/controllers as we can never have enough of these!

We aim to provide lag-free setups at all events and have tested the monitors we use to ensure they are as close to lag-free as we can achieve. It is well known that the PS3 has weird upscaling issues which can cause input lag however the consensus from the BB:CS community is that the tournament should be run on PS3. Any complaints regarding input lag are likely to be ignored, unless the person complaining has provided a suitable CRT monitor for use at the tournament. Comments regarding this can be sent to me by private message. Any posts made regarding input lag in this thread will be deleted.

NZism Tournament Rules here:
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,541.0.html

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules
- Game version: XBOX360
- Game Settings: Damage - Medium, Time - 99 seconds, 2/3 Games
- You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
- Double blind encompasses both characters AND assist types.

Questions?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Umm yeah. Who wants to drink diezals with me after i win all 3 games? I'll shout super deazl pack 6.

But, real talk, first blood sounds awesome.

Is it $120 first prize for each game? That's pretty good.

But damn $15 per game is a bit much for my broke ass. Might have to only pick 2  :'( Oh shit i'll be at uni too. Might have to only pick 1 hahahah. Sheeiiit. I need to get a job.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Wow this looks like this is going to be an awesome event! Really good job boys, even though I won't be able to make it I still apreciate what you guys are doing for the NZ scene. Seriously this looks so hype, kinda makes me wonder what you guys have in store for Nats  :D

Also, I hope someone captures some of the matches and uploads them to the NZvidsm Youtube channel asap lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Skullator

LN

typo on the poster - "Reistration"

also, price hike :(

Quote from: Nick4now on January 20, 2011, 01:02:08 AM
Also, I hope someone captures some of the matches and uploads them to the NZvidsm Youtube channel asap lol

thiisssssssssss
There is no knowledge that is not power

Rorooze

Increased prices = bigger prizes and better event. We've never guaranteed a cash prize before either, it's always been split pot. Hopefully more announcements to come.

geneterror

Quote from: LN on January 20, 2011, 07:49:17 AM
typo on the poster - "Reistration"
:-[ I should really learn to read that text I'm copying and pasting.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh what about the char selection? You gotta stick with one or can we pick any char?

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

HoneyBadger

1v1 rules, bro. Whoever you want swap if you lose, you nah mean
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

St1gnate

stereomonkey

In the OP it says prepayments can be refunded before the 26th of Feb....  Are you reading correctly today bill?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck what are you guys talking about? Trying to make it look like i made a post that I didnt make and then deleted it. You scamps and your shenanigans.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Wow do you know who the illustrator is?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: HoneyBadger on January 20, 2011, 02:37:11 PM
1v1 rules, bro. Whoever you want swap if you lose, you nah mean

Oh yer . But like at the start. Do you have to pick one char. Like say i gotta play Bison until i lose. Or can i say ' oh i'm playing Mason, i will change to Dan'?