• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Am New

Started by spectacular, January 27, 2011, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectacular

Hey all, long story short - SF4 has been a hobby for 5ish months now, trying to get some decent games seems to be a mission and a half (gfwl)

I have been instructed to look for some challengers here, not sure where I stand skill wise because I haven't really played on ranked matches due to lag spam.
Would like to know if I have at least a chance in a tourny, so I can decide on entering etc

Gamertag - spectacular1az

Would appreciate all the challengers I can get :) cheers

Skullator

Hey man, welcome to the site.

So you are playing SFIV on PC then?

geneterror

Welcome! I only play on PS3 so I can't help you out but somebody here will be able to help you out.
KOW 2011

spectacular

Quote from: Skullator on January 27, 2011, 11:37:27 AM
Hey man, welcome to the site.

So you are playing SFIV on PC then?

Thanks skull,

Yes thats right, SFIV PC

Skullator

Cool thats my fave version of Vanilla Street Fighter IV, but you will find the majority of the Street Fighter players on this site now spend their time playing either SSFIV for X360 \ PS3 or the newest version "Arcade edition" in the arcades.

Having said that, I'm keen to play some PC version so I'll add you up and jump on this afternoon for some games if you're keen.

spectacular

Great cool thanks, I wont be online tonight. But will be heaps over the next week.

Which arcade is it that everyone goes to, and are there always people playing sf4 there? sounds like I need to buy a ps3 :(!

electric

Quote from: spectacular on January 27, 2011, 12:05:41 PM
Great cool thanks, I wont be online tonight. But will be heaps over the next week.

Which arcade is it that everyone goes to, and are there always people playing sf4 there? sounds like I need to buy a ps3 :(!

Welcome bro, where are you from ?

TimeZone on Queen Street, Auckland has SSF4AE - Christchurch TimeZone also has a couple of cabinets.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

JackSmash

Which arcade is it that everyone goes to, and are there always people playing sf4 there? sounds like I need to buy a Xbox 360 right now :)!

Fixed

Welcome to the site.
If you're in Auckland. Today is half price Thursday at TZ and Monday is Double dollars. Should pop in and have a jam with the new version.

Oh and Friday's ranbats - details in Auckland section. Come in and put some names to faces :)

spectacular

haha thought some one would do that - stick I have is ps3 compatible, which means I would have to spend so much more if I went for a Xbox D:!

I live in Parnell. So 15 minute walk to queen street. Might take a visit tomorrow, who will be there around 1ish,

How much pay to play at the arcades?

HoneyBadger

$2 a game.

A lot of us will be down tomorrow because it's our ranbats. If you have time you should just come up with all of us to Giga (place we play at) and just have some games. Don't worry about standing a chance in a tournament or not, you'll improve heaps just turning up to one.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

xkheretic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: HoneyBadger on January 27, 2011, 12:28:53 PM
$2 a game.

A lot of us will be down tomorrow because it's our ranbats. If you have time you should just come up with all of us to Giga (place we play at) and just have some games. Don't worry about standing a chance in a tournament or not, you'll improve heaps just turning up to one.

On that note, your first time at ranbats is free.  So come up bro.  It costs you nothing, and I'm a real cool guy.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

sounds like I need to buy a ps3 :(!
Don't let Lenny see this but...I would get an Xbox360, for fighting games in NZ it's the dominant (even though it's inferior) console. I'm gonna be picking one up soon.
KOW 2011

jpb123

aye get a 360!

I add you. I play often on there for fun!

spectacular

heading in to Yifans @ 1. Will I be the only one!?