• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Good shit Blade. You HF boys getting your shit on lock. Biggest pot for a game i ever seen haha.

Single elim is ruthless. You gotta not fuck shit up iin that format hahha.

And yer CMOB, i know where your coming from ay lol. You could lose twice and still be in top 16 in our nats haha. Damn Kevin.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Let us know when you plan on running it blade.  Like I said at th end of that night, we can run it on XBOX360 and split the video output between lagless monitors and the big screens.  We all have experience running double elim brackets, and can bring software to make it easy.

Can rustle together dome Old Skool MCA sticks for all the OG's pretty easy and rock that shit hard.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

LN

Lol yup, I've got an MCA stick I could possibly kit out for 360, haha
There is no knowledge that is not power

stereomonkey

Quote from: LN on February 18, 2011, 04:37:45 PM
Lol yup, I've got an MCA stick I could possibly kit out for 360, haha

The fish and chips beast, gives you calluses when playing Marvel.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

amendonz

BLADE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 18, 2011, 04:10:03 PM
Let us know when you plan on running it blade.  Like I said at th end of that night, we can run it on XBOX360 and split the video output between lagless monitors and the big screens.  We all have experience running double elim brackets, and can bring software to make it easy.

Can rustle together dome Old Skool MCA sticks for all the OG's pretty easy and rock that shit hard.

sounds cool bro, wer do yous normally have yr tournaments????

Rorooze

we have one on March 12 but it's not hyper fighting because our last HF tournament didn't have much interest. We also jam SSF4 and MVC3 every second friday and on occasion some of the older games come out.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: BLADE on February 18, 2011, 06:59:10 PM
sounds cool bro, wer do yous normally have yr tournaments????

Normally we have it at Giga internet cafe up on wellesley street.  But I don't think that that particular venue would work for the crowd that was there on the night.  I thought the venue was actually really good for the game.  Felt like I was in a dingy arcade watching a bunch of the boys going hard.

When we spoke about our NZism Fighting Game Nationals, that is an entirely different event.  We haven't actually pinned down what games we will be having at that event, and I guess Hyper Fighting could definitely be one of them.  We had tried a Hyper Fighting Tournament at one of our previous tournaments, but the turnout wasn't very good.  When we saw how you managed to pull 30 something odd people into that place for Hyper Fighting, we definitely think there could be some value in it for Nationals.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you plan on doing anything like this in the future let us know.  We can help with equipment etc to help you run it smoothly, and in turn by helping you out, we get our site out to more people and grow our community.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

BLADE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 18, 2011, 07:11:23 PM
Normally we have it at Giga internet cafe up on wellesley street.  But I don't think that that particular venue would work for the crowd that was there on the night.  I thought the venue was actually really good for the game.  Felt like I was in a dingy arcade watching a bunch of the boys going hard.

When we spoke about our NZism Fighting Game Nationals, that is an entirely different event.  We haven't actually pinned down what games we will be having at that event, and I guess Hyper Fighting could definitely be one of them.  We had tried a Hyper Fighting Tournament at one of our previous tournaments, but the turnout wasn't very good.  When we saw how you managed to pull 30 something odd people into that place for Hyper Fighting, we definitely think there could be some value in it for Nationals.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you plan on doing anything like this in the future let us know.  We can help with equipment etc to help you run it smoothly, and in turn by helping you out, we get our site out to more people and grow our community.

Sounds cool

Nick4now

Quote from: CoMa on February 18, 2011, 02:21:41 PM
LMAO ok I come down then me, you and Redtie can have the 3-man Chch HF Champs at your house so I can come 3rd and skip the first round of nationals bahaha

Nope I've already declared myself as the Chch champ and I refuse to put my title on the line until next year  :P You and Redtie can battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

Sweet! I'll see you in Round 2 haha

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

BLADE

Quote from: Nick4now on February 18, 2011, 09:20:28 PM
Nope I've already declared myself as the Chch champ and I refuse to put my title on the line until next year  :P You and Redtie can battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

Sweet! I'll see you in Round 2 haha

DEC29 see on hyper ggpo tonite, anyone keen??? il be on for hyper challenges, good for nz nats practice

CaptainHook

I will try get on. Next a rest from marvel. LOL.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now

Wow Hook it sounds like you're actually enjoying a new school game  ;D But sweet Blade I'll try and jump on later tonight. I hope you've got your ports sorted  :)

CaptainHook

To early to say if i like it yet, i'm just starting with the missions to try find someone i like. And hopefully it will give me some insight into building a team. But i'm so crap
with combo's it's taking me ages to get through the missions so that's why i need a rest. Haha.

What time you guys jumping on GGPO?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now