• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoMa

Quote from: LN on February 04, 2011, 08:20:01 AM
Yeah, I'm keen to help train people up on GGPO too. NZism or not. I think some of these other guys might need it, lol.

You'll probably find the majority of guys playing aside from the NZism crew won't use GGPO, having learned exclusively from playing on arcade machines. That being said, there will be a fair few guys who own their own HF machines. In any event, I'm sure there will be both NZism and non-NZism players who will do well.

staffid

whats GGPO can someone tell me id like to get some practice in case i get keen for the comp ????

CrazyMobius

It's an emulator so you can play on your computer.

The link is here:

http://ggpo.net/

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Nick4now on February 04, 2011, 09:00:50 AM
Are you going Alan? I seriously hope you are. And someone give Ben an MCA to practice on lol

theres a fish chip shop down my road that im sure has hyper fighting, but it could be ce. Its a dollar a game  :'( but im lucky if I can even afford the gas to get down to the shop lol.

Nick keen for some zangief practice bro? even though I know that blanka vs gief match is torture for gief lol.

Quote from: BLADE on February 04, 2011, 02:06:38 AM
All good, I hope at least one of the NZism boys will make the quarter finals at least ... Very very top level dudes ready to go...hehe, it'll be an awesome nite... can't wait!!!

are we allowed to change characters during the set? e.g. I pick zangief and the other person picks honda he beasts me and then I switch to ryu for the next game?

LN

More importantly, GGPO is an emulator with a really good online mode so you can play against other people from around the world and stuff.
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on February 04, 2011, 10:40:35 AM
are we allowed to change characters during the set? e.g. I pick zangief and the other person picks honda he beasts me and then I switch to ryu for the next game?

I was thinking about this last night. Also will they need to reset the game after every match so the next two people will be able to pick new characters?

CoMa

Yes, this is fine. Using your example, winner stays Honda and you can pick Ryu.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its quite funny. I think a lot of the NZism guys are sleeping on you guys, and a lot of you guys are sleeping on the NZism guys. XD

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not great at HF, but it will be cool to see a lot more people who are good at the game. I'd love to get more of you guys on the site. Would be awesome to get good at HF.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

What does the "sleeping on you guys" expression mean?
I haven't heard it.. is it a gaming thing?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

He means that we think they're all pushovers and vice versa basically. My original view was that there would be lots of people who can do fireball traps and anti airs and that was about it, while more of us study videos and watch pros and maybe even look at hitboxes and learn frame data. And alot of the NZism players are also just as old school as them, but actually I do think alot of these non NZism guys know what they're doing and they all play eachother in high level play.

12v12 would be a great battle imo.

BLADE

Quote from: staffid on February 04, 2011, 10:21:22 AM
whats GGPO can someone tell me id like to get some practice in case i get keen for the comp ????

IS THIS U MR GRANGER???? LOL CHECK YR FB PM.... WE GOT WORK TO DO BRA LOL

CaptainHook

Man i wish i could go watch this.

Seriously, no one wants me to pay their $20 entry to film it?

LAME. :(
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

I wouldn't mind recording shit for you bro, but I don't really wanna carry shit around at a night club and I'm pretty good at losing or forgetting shit or else I would just bring my camera and just record stuff anyway.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro i wish this was for ssf4. I would money match niggas left right and centre. Be undercover as.

Anyone wanna make sidebets? I wanna make a sidebet that nzism will be the final two. Maybe even four if that many of you's go lol. I highly doubt these guys do as much hardout training and leveling up as you's.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

BLADE

theres a fish chip shop down my road that im sure has hyper fighting, but it could be ce. Its a dollar a game  :'( but im lucky if I can even afford the gas to get down to the shop lol.

Nick keen for some zangief practice bro? even though I know that blanka vs gief match is torture for gief lol.

yes if u lose yr first game u get yr last chance to change yr character.