• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADE

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 04, 2011, 02:20:54 PM
Man i wish i could go watch this.

Seriously, no one wants me to pay their $20 entry to film it?

LAME. :(

free entry into the club, $20 to enter the tournament.... winner takes all & the girl... lol

BLADE

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 04, 2011, 02:24:14 PM
Bro i wish this was for ssf4. I would money match niggas left right and centre. Be undercover as.

Anyone wanna make sidebets? I wanna make a sidebet that nzism will be the final two. Maybe even four if that many of you's go lol. I highly doubt these guys do as much hardout training and leveling up as you's.

trust me this guys have been played hyper for nearly 20years... they are good, NZism will be in the house no doubt

Rorooze

Hook I might go and record shit, probably won't play, I'm rubbish at SF2 :p

CaptainHook

Okay sweet, i'll pay you $20 if you will Rory. Whether you use the money to enter is up to you. :P
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: BLADE on February 04, 2011, 02:32:38 PM
trust me this guys have been played hyper for nearly 20years... they are good, NZism will be in the house no doubt

I think this is awesome btw. Should get some really awesome matches happening.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

BLADE

CoMa

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 04, 2011, 02:24:14 PM
Anyone wanna make sidebets? I wanna make a sidebet that nzism will be the final two. Maybe even four if that many of you's go lol. I highly doubt these guys do as much hardout training and leveling up as you's.

That's a bold endorsement, especially in a single elimination format. I give respect where respect is due and if my very close friend Nick4now says the NZism crew can play then, to me, those are people that warrant respect as legitimate contenders.

However, to discount everyone else in the field, purely based on what you know about NZism players, is both ill-advised and somewhat cocky considering you know little to nothing of the skill level of all the other players. For all you know, they could have been sitting at home with the curtains closed and no job, playing HF all day every day since the 90's, studying all match-ups, counters/ranges/hit-boxes/frames/etc, recording and reviewing video and then compiling it into written form as a secret Street Fighter Bible.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 03:45:33 PM
That's a bold endorsement, especially in a single elimination format. I give respect where respect is due and if my very close friend Nick4now says the NZism crew can play then, to me, those are people that warrant respect as legitimate contenders.

However, to discount everyone else in the field, purely based on what you know about NZism players, is both ill-advised and somewhat cocky considering you know little to nothing of the skill level of all the other players. For all you know, they could have been sitting at home with the curtains closed and no job, playing HF all day every day since the 90's, studying all match-ups, counters/ranges/hit-boxes/frames/etc, recording and reviewing video and then compiling it into written form as a secret Street Fighter Bible.

This is what i mean when I say i think a lot of NZism guys are sleeping on you guys and vice versa. I think weazzy has unrealistic expectations of how good NZism will be compared to you guys.

I honestly think there will be some really good comp. These guys have been around for years and theyre going to be bringing all that experience to the table. Some of us will do OK, and some of us will get absolutely bodied by these guys. Im really looking forward to it.

And i honestly hope a lot of you boys hook up with us here so we can bust out some more awesome HF events later on.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Do you know if a guy named Fono Sosene has or will be competing in this?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

BLADE

Ive got tons of respect for everyone entering, the pressure will be on... shot boyz!!!

p.s look out for my cuzzin "dcuts101" online tonite for xbox super sf4... he's just one of the boyz entering the hyper battle...
he's good & hes from the oldskool lol 1993 24s crew "video update" henderson.

BLADE

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 04, 2011, 04:06:15 PM
Do you know if a guy named Fono Sosene has or will be competing in this?

not sure but kevin from otara won last years hyper comp

Lennysaurus

Fono was a guy used to play alot round Mangere near the end of the 90's, and alot in town early 2000's.  I met him at uni, and he was probably the best HF player I had ever played.  Taught me how to play it way back when.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Quote from: BLADE on February 04, 2011, 04:08:05 PM
not sure but kevin from otara won last years hyper comp

Ohh shit! Kevin won our Super Street Fighter tourney last year too. Didn't know he lived in Otara though.

Rorooze

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 04, 2011, 04:14:58 PM
Ohh shit! Kevin won our Super Street Fighter tourney last year too. Didn't know he lived in Otara though.

Wrong Kevin dude.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.