• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

Really? With such an unusual name I'm genuinely shocked there can be more than one.

moose!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 04, 2011, 04:14:58 PM
Ohh shit! Kevin won our Super Street Fighter tourney last year too. Didn't know he lived in Otara though.
Yer bro, he's in Otara maori club.

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 03:45:33 PM
However, to discount everyone else in the field, purely based on what you know about NZism players, is both ill-advised and somewhat cocky considering you know little to nothing of the skill level of all the other players. For all you know, they could have been sitting at home with the curtains closed and no job, playing HF all day every day since the 90's, studying all match-ups, counters/ranges/hit-boxes/frames/etc, recording and reviewing video and then compiling it into written form as a secret Street Fighter Bible.

Yer true. That's why i said i doubt it, but it is possible ay.

And Bill your right. I thought Lenny and that were beast, but then i remembered i've only seen him throw hahah. Wada scrub.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

BLADE

if any NZism boys can beat "dcuts101" online xbox super sf4 tonite then youve got a chance in the hyper battle feb 16... go hard boyz

p.s kevin bangwah from otara is flawless at hyper... trust me

Nick4now

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on February 04, 2011, 10:40:35 AM
theres a fish chip shop down my road that im sure has hyper fighting, but it could be ce. Its a dollar a game  :'( but im lucky if I can even afford the gas to get down to the shop lol.

Nick keen for some zangief practice bro? even though I know that blanka vs gief match is torture for gief lol.

Haha yeah we've only got ce at TZ atm for 60c I think. One of the sticks is worn out I can't even crouch half the time... It's so shit  >:( And then we have that cab with all the CPS1/CPS2/neo geo games inside but they're happ sticks and games are a dollar too.

I'm down for GGPO later tonight if you're on. Haha don't worry I really don't mind since I always play offline against Redtie and he only picks Blanka and Guile (Oh and sometimes Ken) lol

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 04, 2011, 02:24:14 PM
Anyone wanna make sidebets? I wanna make a sidebet that nzism will be the final two. Maybe even four if that many of you's go lol. I highly doubt these guys do as much hardout training and leveling up as you's.

Don't underestimate these guys. I've been told how good some of these guys are by CoMa and I definitely believe him when he says that they're good. CoMa and I went to Yifans (before I knew about NZism) in 08 and well he smoke my Gief with Ryu many times in a row.... What's worse is that I later found out that fierce punch wasn't even working when we were taking rounds against the cpu.

Sure I've leveled up since then but the chances are CoMa has too. And for him to say that these are guys are better than himself is a sign that some of these old school guys can play. I've also given CoMa a heads up as to which guys to look out for since I feel that we too are being underestimated. Too bad that half of the HF players aren't even going lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: BLADE on February 04, 2011, 04:42:32 PM
if any NZism boys can beat "dcuts101" online xbox super sf4 tonite then youve got a chance in the hyper battle feb 16... go hard boyz

Bro those games are totally different haha. I can't even play HF, i lost to the cpu and rage quit like a kid in front of real kids. But in ssf4 i will money match anybody you know that is willing.

And yer i think they are pretty good now too. I don't even know if NZism is good i just take a guess cos they are like kinda geeky you know. And the geeks always win at games.

And show me pics of the girl.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Ben is playing Blade on GGPO right now.. HYPE! LOL.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now

Hahaha 5 spectators. That's the most I've ever seen in an NZ match for any game in GGPO lol

CaptainHook

I like that Nick turned up on GGPO 10 seconds after my post. :P
4 spectators.. was 5. Haha.

Pinolicious

<PSN> Kriselda

CoMa

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 04, 2011, 04:06:15 PM
Do you know if a guy named Fono Sosene has or will be competing in this?

I know Fono, we used to play HF back in the day. He's got the best Zangief I ever seen. I was going to text him but I lost his number with my old phone right before Xmas...I facebooked him so will see if he's keen. If he comes then it's gonna be Clash of the Titans.

Nick4now

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 04, 2011, 05:12:54 PM
I like that Nick turned up on GGPO 10 seconds after my post. :P
4 spectators.. was 5. Haha.

Hahahaha I haven't been this hyped for a match since Smoof/DVS MM lol

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 05:15:55 PM
I know Fono, we used to play HF back in the day. He's got the best Zangief I ever seen. I was going to text him but I lost his number with my old phone right before Xmas...I facebooked him so will see if he's keen.

Who are you? lol.  id you used to play up at Auckland uni as well?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

redtie

Quote from: Pinolicious on February 04, 2011, 05:13:21 PM
Commentate!

Ok!. Ball. Block. Ball. Block. Ball. Block..... both Blankas staring at each other...

BALL! OMFG! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!

The end

CaptainHook

Lol..
Blade was on pad so i don't think it was any real indication of anything..