• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADE

LOL MY FIRST GGPO JAM, WAS FUN!!!
NOTHING LIKE THE REAL ARCADE MACHINE, PROPS TO TOOMEKE FOR THE JAM.
IL TRY JUMP ON GGPO TONITE WITH MY CONTROL PAD LOL.

CoMa

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 04, 2011, 05:19:03 PM
Who are you? lol.  id you used to play up at Auckland uni as well?

My name is Corey. If you ever came across a group of island guys crowded around the HF machine in the cafe sinking their student allowance into it, chances are I was there lol I played there from 99-03 excl. 2001 cos I was in Chch at Canterbury Uni.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 05:48:07 PM
My name is Corey. If you ever came across a group of island guys crowded around the HF machine in the cafe sinking their student allowance into it, chances are I was there lol I played there from 99-03 excl. 2001 cos I was in Chch at Canterbury Uni.

Yeah man I used to play with those guys hardout, but I was there in 2001 so we prolly just missed each other hahaha!

Man I hope some of them go, I haven't seen them in years.  All great guys too.  I don't think I can make it in time to play in the tourney cause of work, but I will definitely come to watch the matches.  Shit.  Small ass world.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: BLADE on February 03, 2011, 01:11:47 PM
DAVID DALLAS WILL ENTER IF HES STILL IN THE COUNTRY, I HEARD HES THE MANNN AT HYPER.
CANT WAIT!!!

Bro this and that Ben Lummis line reminds me of when my mates played scribe at ssf4 and he thinks he's like awesome as at it now haha. My mates are useless as.

And i was wondering what those fish and chip sticks were called. My mate had a turn on my stick and was like 'g, this sticks shit, it's too loose'. I was like g, how the fuck you play on those sticks? feels like you arm wrestling that beech.

Vangief and Wolfkrone my idols. Pad players that beast.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CoMa

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 04, 2011, 05:50:51 PM
Yeah man I used to play with those guys hardout, but I was there in 2001 so we prolly just missed each other hahaha!

Man I hope some of them go, I haven't seen them in years.  All great guys too.  I don't think I can make it in time to play in the tourney cause of work, but I will definitely come to watch the matches.  Shit.  Small ass world.

Haha hardout, you must have played with my mate Aaron (big guy with the big afro), Mafi and the rest of the boys. Saw Fono on the train couple of months ago, said he never plays anymore except for if he goes to buy fish n chips after I told him about the last one of these...but people like him don't take long to get back into it.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 05:59:41 PM
Haha hardout, you must have played with my mate Aaron (big guy with the big afro), Mafi and the rest of the boys. Saw Fono on the train couple of months ago, said he never plays anymore except for if he goes to buy fish n chips after I told him about the last one of these...but people like him don't take long to get back into it.

Yeah I remember them.  Was Aaron the guy they called Tulley as well?  Or was that a different dude?

Is Fono still an accountant?

CaptainHook

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 04, 2011, 05:53:37 PM
Bro this and that Ben Lummis line reminds me of when my mates played scribe at ssf4 and he thinks he's like awesome as at it now haha. My mates are useless as.

Scribe played the ST cab at work when he was recording one day.. it was only a few weeks after we got it and i never ended up having
free time to play him but i watched him play one round.. he seemed good but my idea of good may have drastically changed since then.

Karl Stevens (ex-singer from supergroove) told me him and Che-Fu used to live on HF. He said one fish and chip shop let them both stay the night
in there so they could play until they opened again the next day. LOL. I wanted to play Karl but again too busy recording..

I think he said Che started playing SF4 but it was a while ago so i can't remember..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Chuckk

Not related to HF, but musicians playing fighting games, Dallas the vocalist from Fat Freddy's Drop plays a bit of 3rd Strike, or use too at least, has some sick Ibuki shit. Can't remember who else he used, if anyone.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CoMa

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 04, 2011, 06:27:32 PM
Yeah I remember them.  Was Aaron the guy they called Tulley as well?  Or was that a different dude?

Is Fono still an accountant?

Not sure if it's the same Aaron but he took a break from uni sometime around then. Fono is still working as an accountant. But yeah, he is Top3 people I've ever played, it took me forever to get a win against his Zangief lol He could SPD from anywhere.

edit: I just clicked who you were talking about...big Tali, yeah he and Aaaron are tow different guys =)

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CoMa on February 04, 2011, 06:44:37 PM

Not sure if it's the same Aaron but he took a break from uni sometime around then. Fono is still working as an accountant. But yeah, he is Top3 people I've ever played, it took me forever to get a win against his Zangief lol He could SPD from anywhere.

Yeah he taught me how to play gief, and I mained him for ages after that.  Were you there when the asian guy named Lou used to play as well?  Used Honda and got really angry when people threw him.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

once again i have to say how the universe hates me for organising a hf tournament and i have lost my licence so i cant come :(

the 1992/93  weymouth fish and chip shop  hyper fighting champion is angry  >:(
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CaptainHook

Quote from: Chuckk on February 04, 2011, 06:42:56 PM
Not related to HF, but musicians playing fighting games

It may surprise some how many play fighting games..
Just yesterday i was in at york st and blindspott were recording a song (yeah, i thought they were over too) and the bass player
is not too bad at ST.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CrazyMobius

rory said he could take you i think.
the more i read about this tourney the more i doubt my chances.

BLADE

will jam on ggpo tonite with my keyboard if anyones keen lol, my joystick usb needs an uppercuttt lol

BLADE

Quote from: BLADE on February 04, 2011, 07:45:17 PM
will jam on ggpo tonite with my keyboard if anyones keen lol, my joystick usb needs an uppercuttt lol

nobody online ggpo rite now... stink!!! lol
looks like I have to wait for duts101 to come over an jam on the hyper arcade machine tonite...
have a good weekend NZism!!!