• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Hey bro I think NZ players usually jump on around 9-10. With your tourney just around the corner you can expect NZ players to be there training  :) Also nice Blanka, since you were using a pad it's hard to tell how much it capped your skill. For Corey he sucks balls on a pad hahaha

I'll be on in about 30-45min Ben if you're keen! HF or HSF2? Up to you bro  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CoMa

Quote from: Nick4now on February 04, 2011, 08:42:28 PM
For Corey he sucks balls on a pad hahaha

Lol this is true. I'm not even that sharp anymore even with the stick bahaha execution is no longer 100%...I'm playing Ryu now cos my handles gone too crusty with Ken and my Guile plain sux lol

geneterror

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 04, 2011, 06:53:29 PM
It may surprise some how many play fighting games..
Just yesterday i was in at york st and blindspott were recording a song (yeah, i thought they were over too) and the bass player
is not too bad at ST.
Was that Dave McDermott? He was playing bass when they went on "hiatus".
KOW 2011

staffid

wish i could figure out this ggpo stuff a bit to confusing for me changing ports roms ect wtf would love to play online nzism guys might be right about easily beating the old skool guys cause most of us havent even picked up a joystick in ten years a bit of fun but i guess the scene was a lot diffrent then arcade only and no vids and very little hitbox and frame data info but some of us did put the time and effort to learn the game properly i think the best thing about the old days is you could always get a money match down yifans with the asians and they were bloody usless and the worse thing was if you threw the wrong person to much they would try to beat you up lol so the risk reward scenario was greater i still have fun playing ssf4 online every now and again anint that good but i can beat some people with my dan and watch them rage.

psn dead_claws

LN

The basics are at

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1001

but any further discussion of this topic should be in the PC Online forum - that's where all the GGPO talk is.

Hope you get it all sorted, it's a brilliant resource.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Nick4now

Quote from: staffid on February 05, 2011, 09:16:35 AM
wish i could figure out this ggpo stuff a bit to confusing for me changing ports roms ect wtf would love to play online nzism guys might be right about easily beating the old skool guys cause most of us havent even picked up a joystick in ten years a bit of fun but i guess the scene was a lot diffrent then arcade only and no vids and very little hitbox and frame data info but some of us did put the time and effort to learn the game properly i think the best thing about the old days is you could always get a money match down yifans with the asians and they were bloody usless and the worse thing was if you threw the wrong person to much they would try to beat you up lol so the risk reward scenario was greater i still have fun playing ssf4 online every now and again anint that good but i can beat some people with my dan and watch them rage.

psn dead_claws

Hahaha why is Auckland so ruthless for? lol Lenny said the same thing  ;D

Hey BLADE sucked that we couldn't connect last night on GGPO (I'm Dec29 btw). That happens at times but I'm sure we'll be able to connect next time  :) All you need is a stick lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

BLADE

my ggpo was playn up lastnite, i accepted challengers & it was connecting to server for ages & wouldnt work = fail... I had a few games yesterday & I found it lagging & to slow... nothing like the real arcade machine but fun beating dudes online with a control pad lol...

feb 16.... cant wait!!!

BLADE

Quote from: Nick4now on February 05, 2011, 02:00:55 PM
Hahaha why is Auckland so ruthless for? lol Lenny said the same thing  ;D

Hey BLADE sucked that we couldn't connect last night on GGPO (I'm Dec29 btw). That happens at times but I'm sure we'll be able to connect next time  :) All you need is a stick lol

this server connection fail is annoying me!! lol... wats the best usb arcade controller???

LN

Have you got your ports forwarded?

And again, GGPO is not on topic for hyper fighting tourney. Take it to PC online.
There is no knowledge that is not power

BLADE

Quote from: LN on February 05, 2011, 07:55:55 PM
Have you got your ports forwarded?

And again, GGPO is not on topic for hyper fighting tourney. Take it to PC online.

Lol @ GGPO is not on topic for hyper...
A few NZism boys wanted to battle me online... I guess they can wait for feb 16.
LN hope yr entering.

Peace.

massi4h

No he means dont clutter this thread up with ggpo chatter. Go use the ggpo thread here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,605.495.html

CaptainHook

I'm kinda surprised that people talking/discussing about practicing for this HF tourney on GGPO is off-topic.. It's pretty damn relevant. But whatever.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

staffid

the only reason i wanted to know about was for hyper fight practice had a few games yesterday omg my timing is terrible i am pressing buttons late and dropin combos like crazy even found myself tryin to use lk+lp to throw lol bloody funny but smoked all my mates anyway and they all claimed to be legends at the game might give it another go down yifans monday or tuesday anyone keen for a jam

BLADE

Quote from: staffid on February 06, 2011, 09:25:21 AM
the only reason i wanted to know about was for hyper fight practice had a few games yesterday omg my timing is terrible i am pressing buttons late and dropin combos like crazy even found myself tryin to use lk+lp to throw lol bloody funny but smoked all my mates anyway and they all claimed to be legends at the game might give it another go down yifans monday or tuesday anyone keen for a jam

stafford im keen bra

BLADE

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 06, 2011, 03:16:30 AM
I'm kinda surprised that people talking/discussing about practicing for this HF tourney on GGPO is off-topic.. It's pretty damn relevant. But whatever.

thats wat I thought since dudes wanted to practice & someone posted me the link to join up....lol
all good... c u feb 16...