• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADE

All talk no action...lol just saying...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hahaha. Will be pretty hilarious if its just me and Mason mashing away.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

I think so too. Well if no-ones getting mvc3 tomorrow cause of delays they should just come. And Ben you've already had heaps of time with the game...

[8-----D] Toots

Yeah but my hearts not in it  8)

I might make it along but I just dont have the desire to win it anymore

CrazyMobius

Quote from: BLADE on February 15, 2011, 09:24:36 PM
All talk no action...lol just saying...

You got a 20 year old game going up against a one day old game. Just bad timing.

CoMa

Guess it depends on where your emphasis is...one could play MvC3 at home before and after the tournament if they were so inclined . Coming along and playing is a good way to a) make new friends b) see where you're at in relation to other players c) establish networks/grow player base for future events...my 2c lol

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CoMa on February 16, 2011, 01:40:09 AM
Guess it depends on where your emphasis is...one could play MvC3 at home before and after the tournament if they were so inclined . Coming along and playing is a good way to a) make new friends b) see where you're at in relation to other players c) establish networks/grow player base for future events...my 2c lol

This is why I'm forgoing the MAHVEL. And im basically the guy here thats the MOST hype for the game out of all of us. "OMG MARVEL 3 IS OUT" is a statement i can understand, but not one that I think is an excuse.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

BLADE

its all on tonite, 7pm start be there before 7pm to register...

amendonz

Good luck to the nzism lads tonight!

CoMa

Good luck to all entrants! I know I'll be needing it haha

[NIUE] weazzyefff

And you's can pick up marvel late tonight from Livewire too i think. Or can you even pick it up today?? Someon pm me on that deal. I want my marvel.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Pinolicious

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 16, 2011, 11:26:00 AM
And you's can pick up marvel late tonight from Livewire too i think. Or can you even pick it up today?? Someon pm me on that deal. I want my marvel.

pm'd, stay on topic
<PSN> Kriselda

Nick4now

I know it's late but good luck to everyone! Let us know the results asap  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

OK there were 36 people. First round Ben and Dave played and Ben won. Bill lost with his awesome Balrog. Sol lost to a Blanka, he got like a perfect or near perfect in the first round, then in the second game he was 1 round up and lost it. Me and Simon both won our first games. Second round Ben won, I won, Simon lost to ThomasFoster.
Now we're top 8. I lost to Stafford (some guy who I clearly remember his face from 10+ years ago at yifans) and Ben won his game. I had to go, but Rory told me Ben lost in top 4.

Oh well it went alright I guess. I'm quite sad about the setup, the buttons were fine the stick was alright but it was side by side shoulder to shoulder and I couldn't get enough room to hold the stick properly. So many tiger knees instead of meaty tiger shots, etc. But na I got pretty used to it and the OG players were comfortable.

Had a good time though thanks DJ Reminisce/Blade for the comp. See you all next year if it happens again. $720 is nothing to laugh at.

Nick4now

Congrats on making the top 8 bro, I knew you would do well lol Also shot Ben for putting Marvel on pause for this haha. Sucks that you were close to taking it out but at least you made the semis  :)

Sounds like you guys had a mean time. Shot BLADE for organising this, Let us know when the next one is asap so that Redtie and I can come and join in the fun  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion