• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah lost to the guys Blanka. To be fair he was playing much better than me. I kept throwing stupid fireballs and he'd jump over and punish. Or I'd go for a meaty fireball on his wakeup and then get a jab and then do a fireball after and he'd jump and punish.

CoMa

Nice to see all you NZism guys there. Apologies I didn't really get to chat, I was the guy in the checkered shirt up the front next to BLADE writing up the pairings after getting bundled out in the first round lol

Lennysaurus

That was really cool.  Wish I could have entered.

Staffid was really good.  I thought that he was the best there and should have won it tbh.  Top 4 were all really good though.

Shot guys for repping!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CoMa on February 16, 2011, 11:32:58 PM
Nice to see all you NZism guys there. Apologies I didn't really get to chat, I was the guy in the checkered shirt up the front next to BLADE writing up the pairings after getting bundled out in the first round lol

All the best dudes lost in round 1 imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah actually I had a real mean time, so many players and heaps of them were clued up with the game. Wish I coulda stayed around longer, feel like playing some casuals with everyone know. Who ended up winning btw?

Flash

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

CoMa

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 17, 2011, 12:18:54 AM
Staffid was really good.  I thought that he was the best there and should have won it tbh.  Top 4 were all really good though.

Stafford is top notch, it was unfortunate he and David  had to play off for the last spot in the top4, tbh they both deserved to be there. Can't take anything away from David, he pretty much had the toughest run out of anyone considering he got paired against the winner of the last tourny in the first round then had to go through Thomas F and Stafford among others.

staffid

daves my boy glad he won he use to play with us all the time when we were growing up.
i should have practiced more just didnt have the time no excuse just choked under the pressure lol.
oh well it was great seeing some of the old guys again i will say one thing although there were some very good players everyone i knew was insanely rusty dropin combos mis timing throws hell i even jumped a couple of times trying to sonic boom dam shoulder to shoulder dont know how we did it back in the day the cabinets where even smaller than that as well the level wasnt where i use to be but everyone had a good time thanks jacob

i did feel for one of the nzism guys that made it to 4th i think thomas decided to pretty much kill him with one move only frd hk with chun (the neck breaker) over and over and over again sad but bloody funny to watch  a guy get hit buy the same thing like 10 times in a row ..

BLADE

massive props to all the 38 entries = $760, david cowan (dcuts101) from henderson took out the comp with a close finals match against Thomas Foster (henderson). was an intense nite & very close battles... SF2 Hyper NZ Nationals will be on later in the year...
props to the NZism boys for reprezenting.

BLADE

Quote from: massi4h on February 17, 2011, 12:56:56 AM
Yeah actually I had a real mean time, so many players and heaps of them were clued up with the game. Wish I coulda stayed around longer, feel like playing some casuals with everyone know. Who ended up winning btw?

shot for coming through bro

BLADE

Quote from: staffid on February 17, 2011, 01:43:31 AM
daves my boy glad he won he use to play with us all the time when we were growing up.
i should have practiced more just didnt have the time no excuse just choked under the pressure lol.
oh well it was great seeing some of the old guys again i will say one thing although there were some very good players everyone i knew was insanely rusty dropin combos mis timing throws hell i even jumped a couple of times trying to sonic boom dam shoulder to shoulder dont know how we did it back in the day the cabinets where even smaller than that as well the level wasnt where i use to be but everyone had a good time thanks jacob

i did feel for one of the nzism guys that made it to 4th i think thomas decided to pretty much kill him with one move only frd hk with chun (the neck breaker) over and over and over again sad but bloody funny to watch  a guy get hit buy the same thing like 10 times in a row ..

good to see oldskool faces back again an still winning comps, much respect bra.

CrazyMobius

Yeah congrats to everyone. Real good time. Some real close matches and some mean comebacks. Bloody shame about that Chun Li vs Blanka matchup. Chun Li has the exact same move in 3s and Street Fighter 4 but it just looks different.

nztauranga

I forgot all about that comp bugr! Was mvc3 impatient..would have been $20 wasted on my part but watching old schoolies hyper it out would have been  worth while. How many entries? Any1 knw?
-work to live not live to work-><>

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Semi Kalosi

Mad props to DJ Reminisce and everyone who organised the night, congrats to the winners and good luck to those who'll be reppin Auckland in the near future... Mos def looking forward to the next one.

I was suprised to see a lot of the top gamers fall early. But i'm glad I made it to the second round by demolishing (maybe it was more of a fluke than anything else) BLADE lol.

Overall a good night., nzism was reppin hard... Good stuff!