• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 Hyper Fighting Tourney

Started by Nick4now, February 01, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADE

Quote from: Semi Kalosi on February 17, 2011, 11:57:47 AM
Mad props to DJ Reminisce and everyone who organised the night, congrats to the winners and good luck to those who'll be reppin Auckland in the near future... Mos def looking forward to the next one.

I was suprised to see a lot of the top gamers fall early. But i'm glad I made it to the second round by demolishing (maybe it was more of a fluke than anything else) BLADE lol.

Overall a good night., nzism was reppin hard... Good stuff!

demolishing??? lol I was too busy running the comp than worried about playn hyper lol, nice to finally meet the NZism boys.
Hyper NZ Nationals will be on later in the year...

BLADE

anyone got video footage??? please post up the links asap thanks

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CoMa

Quote from: BLADE on February 17, 2011, 01:47:40 PM

Thats what I'm talking about...I will come again with the goal of advancing past the first round....double elimination bracket please lol

Semi Kalosi

Quote from: BLADE on February 17, 2011, 01:47:40 PM
demolishing??? lol I was too busy running the comp than worried about playn hyper lol, nice to finally meet the NZism boys.

Lol, demolish, fluke, tin-a**se... You know, lucky hahaha. awesome night uce. Bring on the next tourney!

BLADE

Quote from: Semi Kalosi on February 17, 2011, 02:05:58 PM
Lol, demolish, fluke, tin-a**se... You know, lucky hahaha. awesome night uce. Bring on the next tourney!

SHOT BRA THATS US!!!

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

BLADE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 17, 2011, 05:05:15 PM
What's this?

NZism boys hit me up lastnite about running a sf2 hyper nz nationals around august...

staffid

its a bitch when someone knows something you dont lol

Master Waki

Quote from: staffid on February 17, 2011, 01:43:31 AM
although there were some very good players everyone i knew was insanely rusty dropin combos mis timing throws hell i even jumped a couple of times trying to sonic boom dam shoulder to shoulder dont know how we did it back in the day the cabinets where even smaller than that as well the level wasnt where i use to be but everyone had a good time thanks jacob

LOL so true. I was so embarrassed how I played, that after i got knocked out in the third round I took off in a huff.
Maybe I should have put some practise in considering I had a few weeks notice.

BLADE

Respect to everyone, I know some of the oldskool was rusty hehehe... youve got til august for the nz nationals to practice, im on ggpo right now if anyones keen for a hyper challenge lol

BLADE

Nick4now

Quote from: CoMa on February 17, 2011, 02:02:55 PM
Thats what I'm talking about...I will come again with the goal of advancing past the first round....double elimination bracket please lol

This. That way the better players have more of a chance of making it to the finals rather than eliminating each other in the early stages of the tourney lol

August sounds mean! Tell the other 70 something people not to drop their bolos next time and enter  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

Quote from: CoMa on February 17, 2011, 02:02:55 PM

I wasn't even vaguely interested in entering due to the tournament format. Double elim would go a long way to changing that.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Rorooze

The tournament would have taken way to long if it was double elim, given the amount of people there. Single elim was the only way to do it really.